It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

elderly couple dies holding hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
life long love

For one Iowa couple, true love lasted until the very end. Married 72 years, Norma, 90, and Gordon Yeager, 94, passed away in the hospital holding hands last week, one hour apart. The couple was hospitalized after a car accident just outside of Marshalltown, Iowa. They were given a shared room in the ICU where they held hands in adjacent beds. At 3:38 pm last Wednesday, Gordon's breathing stopped. Though he had passed, his heart monitor continued to register a beat. The nurse told Gordon and Norma's son, Dennis Yeager, that the monitor was beeping "because they're holding hands, and [Norma's heart beat] is going through them," Dennis recalled in an interview with Des Moines' KCCI news station. "Her heart was beating through him." Norma passed at 4:38 pm, exactly one hour later. Gordon and Norma's children say they're glad the couple passed this way. "They just loved being together," says Dennis. "He always said, 'I can't go until she does because I gotta stay here for her.' And she would say the same thing."

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
now that...is love. reminds me of that movie "the notebook". in a world stricken with hatred, division and divorce...this is a breath of fresh air (sadly is was their last breaths).

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Awww that is so beautiful. I just watched what dreams may come last night and it's wonderful to read this post this morning. Thanks OP!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Wow, married 72 years, so had to be like 90 or more in age, and they die from a car accident?

Strange....

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

OMG The Notebook.
I sobbed about two hours straight after watching that. Proper can't catch your breath sobs.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Together until the end..............wow, beautiful.........................

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ICEKOHLD

I wish I had a woman like that haha

new topics

top topics

join