The Madness that is: Ron Paul's Candidacy!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

NO, he is not passing the buck. I do not think you are old enough to remember this.
He is giving the buck back to the states, the fed government took the buck from the states years ago without the peoples and states approval.

No, I'm not old enough, and neither are you, I seriously doubt that you are over 150 years old and remember before the civil war.

Ron is putting things back into the states hands where it needs to be and as it was when things were running smoothly.

When was this? Like 1792? I mean seriously?

Swinging the pendulum to the extreme other angle isn't a solution, it's just shoving the problem to the states. States that by the way are having a hard enough time solving their own budget problems. Now while a balanced approach with a gradual cut down in federal spending with slight increases in state spending would work. Paul just wants to dump the problems with the Federal government onto the states and call it solved. That's not solved, that's passing the buck. The states still will have to deal with those same issues, and they will have to deal with those issues with huge tax increases which will make the TEA Party freak out on the state level and start screaming that the states should get out of their lives and leave it to the county level. and so on and so forth till they are screaming at their husbands and wives to stay out of their personal affairs as they lock themselves in a shed with a don't tread on me flag on the door.

(then they will demand that the rat in the shed show them it's long form birth certificate "squeak")
edit on 21-10-2011 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by Skewed

Swinging the pendulum to the extreme other angle isn't a solution, it's just shoving the problem to the states. States that by the way are having a hard enough time solving their own budget problems.

Part of the problem is all the BS things the feds force the states to do that does not have a significant bearing on the state. It is kinda like forcing a state to spend money on tornado preparedness, in a state that does not have tornados.

Once the feds get out of the states business and let the states run their business in such a way that suits the citizens instead of the feds, they will be able to balance their books. The reason the states cannot balance their books is because the feds will not get out the states business. The effect of doing this will force people to start once again taking responsibility upon their selves. Especially on entitlements, it will put the states in a position to tighten the rules and eventually weed out the ones that are milking the system and put the able bodies that are capable of working but too lazy to do so back to work. Or they will starve, or at least should starve.

There will be a paradigm shift here when/if it happens. Those people that are responsible for their own actions will not be affected by this. Hence, the people that are lazy and think the world owes them something will be in a world of hurt, but, that is what freedom is. Those that are getting entitlements that are capable of working but are too lazy, yeah, those people will be in a world of hurt until they decide to get off their ass.

I wonder, what group do you belong too. The self-reliant folks or the ones that thinks the world owes them something.

BTW: I am old enough to see the before and after effects of the DOE and several other things that the individual states used to take care of them self before the feds decided they knew what was best for us.

edit on 21-10-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

The self-reliant folks or the ones that thinks the world owes them something.

Well, I'm not a CEO of a major oil company that requires billions in subsidies while at the same time making billions of dollars in profit each quarter, so I guess I would have to fall under the self-reliant category. I'm certainly not one of the AIG Executives that ran their company into the ground and so demanded a bailout from the taxpayers for my idiocy. And I'm not the owner of either of the tow big 3 car manufacturers that can't compete in this global market and so went to Washington with my hat out asking for money.

Oh wait, no I guess I'm not a "job creator" I'm just your average guy who has to take care of myself if I want to get anywhere in this life. Nope, I'm definitely not a "job creator" The world doesn't owe me squat.

I think the TEA Party folks have a "Skewed" idea of who they need to be backing.
edit on 21-10-2011 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join