It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What was interesting recently was a tv programme I saw that tested to see whether people were inadvertently bad or is it the whole Nature/Nurture thing. Basically there are 3 things that can make you a serial killer a particular area of your brain is underdeveloped, you have a genetic imbalance and you have an abusive upbringing. Well as part of the programme they had interviewed all top fortune 500 CEO's who all showed serial killer mentality but only had anyone of 2 out of the 3 imbalances. So not enough to become serial killers but enough to act like one.

The name of the programme escapes me but I'll do some digging around. Very interesting.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lucifuge

I thinks it's been pretty much proven that Humans are naturally altruistic, and it's outside forces that cause us to act anti-socially.

When people are raised in a system that is detrimental to Human nature then we should expect a perversion of that nature.

When faced with lack of resources and hope people don't act normally. We are living in a system ran by psychopaths who coerce the rest us, through their power, to do their bidding.

Haddock states in 2006: "The reality is that the brains of human beings -- unless they fall within the demographic sliver we call psychopaths -- are hardwired not to kill other humans... That's why military training camps, police academies...self-defense pros are constantly searching for more effective methods of suppressing the human revulsion to taking human life -- virtually rewiring the brain to react first in certain situations with an automatic response to kill "(Haddock, 2006).

pattyinglishms.hubpages.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

I thinks it's been pretty much proven that Humans are naturally altruistic, and it's outside forces that cause us to act anti-socially.

When people are raised in a system that is detrimental to Human nature then we should expect a perversion of that nature.

Apparently, you haven't been around a lot of 2 and 3 year old's lately, who show that people are naturally selfish. Altruism comes from learned beliefs.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
Apparently, you haven't been around a lot of 2 and 3 year old's lately, who show that people are naturally selfish. Altruism comes from learned beliefs.

I disagree. Being altruistic doesn't necessarily mean you will never be selfish in day to day activities.

Altruistic behaviour is common throughout the animal kingdom, particularly in species with complex social structures.

If we were not naturally altruistic we would have wiped ourselves out years ago.

2.1 A Simple Illustration: the Prisoner's dilemma

The fact that correlation between donor and recipient is the key to the evolution of altruism can be illustrated via a simple ‘one shot’ Prisoner's dilemma game. Consider a large population of organisms who engage in a social interaction in pairs; the interaction affects their biological fitness. Organisms are of two types: selfish (S) and altruistic (A). The latter engage in pro-social behaviour, thus benefiting their partner but at a cost to themselves; the former do not. So in a mixed (S,A) pair, the selfish organism does better - he benefits from his partner's altruism without incurring any cost. However, (A,A) pairs do better than (S,S) pairs - for the former work as a co-operative unit, while the latter do not. The interaction thus has the form of a one-shot Prisoner's dilemma, familiar from game theory. Illustrative payoff values to each ‘player’, i.e., each partner in the interaction, measured in units of biological fitness, are shown in the matrix below....

plato.stanford.edu...

Those who send people to war are not altruistic they are psychopaths, and that is the problem. They have created an A,S society. Were are the A they are the S.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I have found the tv show link here:

BBC Horizon - Are You Good or Evil?
www.bbc.co.uk...

Episode 5 of 15, 2011-2012
DURATION: 1 HOUR
What makes us good or evil? It's a simple but deeply unsettling question. One that scientists are now starting to answer.

Horizon meets the researchers who have studied some of the most terrifying people behind bars - psychopathic killers.

But there was a shock in store for one of these scientists, Professor Jim Fallon, when he discovered that he had the profile of a psychopath. And the reason he didn't turn out to be a killer holds important lessons for all of us.

We meet the scientist who believes he has found the moral molecule and the man who is using this new understanding to rewrite our ideas of crime and punishment.

More interesting reading as well if you are not convinced Psychopathic types run the world:
THE PSYCHOPATH - The Mask of Sanity
www.cassiopaea.com...
edit on 22-10-2011 by lucifuge because: Additional information

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Thanx for posting that looks like a good vid, will watch later.

I think a lot of the the idea that we're not naturally altruistic comes from the church, they want us to believe we need God, and them, in our lives in order to be moral.

Just another little lie that has caused devastating perversions of Human nature. All a part of keeping us in fear, and easy to manipulate and coerce.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

i hope this can shed some light

its a oldie but one of my absolute favorites.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Thanx for posting that looks like a good vid, will watch later.

I think a lot of the the idea that we're not naturally altruistic comes from the church, they want us to believe we need God, and them, in our lives in order to be moral.

Just another little lie that has caused devastating perversions of Human nature. All a part of keeping us in fear, and easy to manipulate and coerce.

I have always maintained that religion is Mass Socio-Psychological control. Nowhere in the Bible/Torah/Koran does it say to join this or that religion to get into God's kingdom.

Also you only have to read your history books and look at The Council of Nicea to realise what a crock of # Emperor Constantine's Christian religion is. All Christian holidays are adaptations of pagan holidays. If JC died on Good Friday and raised again on the Sunday, why does Easter fall on different days every year? If you want to know how phoney Christianity is check out Mithraism - en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-10-2011 by lucifuge because: Further info

top topics

<< 1   >>

join