It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Internet Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Wasn't real sure where to put this one, and you guys will probably call me a nut. However, about 1am local Phoenix time, our internet started going down....We started to loose access to pages, ie facebook, and cnn.com...While other pages were still accessible, such as gmail. I had about 15 different pages open, and those that were still active slowly stopped being accessible. The joke of it is, this is the last page I can access. I can still send and receive email, using a yahoo account, but yahoo.com, google.com, bing.com....nothing will pull. ATS pulls up slowly with a few pictures that won't load. I have never experienced anything like this, internet is usually on or off, fast or slow, you know...depending upon the site or if the ISP is having problems...but it is usually consistent. I have never seen access to sites start dropping off over the course of 15 mins. Anyone else in the arizona area or anywhere else for that matter experience this effect. I can understand a site going down, but all the major sites together? I can understand the ISP going down, but leaving access to ATS only? I can understand my computer messing up, but ....that seems unlikely that I would be able to access one page and not a host of others.

Are they testing the kill switch in the middle of the night, less likely hood of being witnessed? This is just an odd experience, any input please.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

Sounds like you needed to pick a new DNS server because the one you were pointed to could no longer translate www.whatever.com into the associated IP addresses that all the behind the scenes stuff needs to know to get you to that whatever.com.

Anyway, yeah. That's what I think.

To fix this, look up a list of static DNS server IP addresses you can use, and stick one or several of those IPs into your DNS server list.

Edit: you can also probably unplug your internet router, whether cable, DSL, Satellite, or however you get bandwidth, wait about half a minute, then plug the power back in.

In fact, anything computer related, as a rule, if it acts funny, strange, locks up, or stops working, turn it off for a little bit and then turn it back on. Often, that 'fixes' the problem.

edit on 20-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Your being tracked, by who god only knows buts its not good. The only thing you can do is grab everything you need just the essential. Then burn your house down, change your name and drift from city to city. Don't forget to grow a beard and shave your head to throw them off the trail. God speed and good luck.

OT: Have you tried unplugging the modem and waiting about 20 seconds then plugging it back in?
edit on 10/20/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/20/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

I've been trying to grow a bread. I'll plant bread in a garden and all it does is attract ants.

arg, you edited it! Your original pre-edit, said 'grow a bread'!
yeah, I know. off topic, but, it was fun, and my response was in good humor.
edit on 20-10-2011 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Whenever I gots internet problems, it's nearly always down to the #'ing DNS server.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

no they are not testing the killswitch. most likely you are having LAN or ISP problems.

when stuff like this happens, you best bet is to unplug and restart your modem,
or as someone above mentioned, renew your DNS certificate maybe.
that would be run->command prompt
"ipconfig /release"
then
"ipconfig /renew"

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I know how it feels.
Earlier I had a problem where my pen wasn't working. For a while I was thinking, they finally did it, they hacked all the pens and pencils so we wont be able to write.

I then put a flame on it for a bit and now it works just fine.
They think they can trick us, they think they can take everything away from us, but I showed them!!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Course I edited it was a mistake that needed correcting. Though I gave you star for pointing it out and giving me a laugh

OT: Have you tried yelling at the Internet or threating it with violence to get it to work? Or if you pefer a more diplomatic solution, you could offer bribes.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
wow ats is loading very slow for me too and im by chicago but im warm in the rain i took someones suggestion grabbed my stuff burned down the house got in the car and realized i was too drunk to drive damn

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ed1320

I've had problems like that before.
Sometimes ATS takes a REALLY long time to load on my typewriter. Usually I fix the problem by switching to a light beer or passing out on the floor.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
probably one of your isp's routers has gone mamaries skyward and the result is that the other routers are begining to back up so some traffic is getting dropped and thats assuming the router has died gracefully as its a royal pain in the but when it still thinks its ok but is basically playing lemons with all the data thats routed that way

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Same here in Europe. The internet connection is going mad about US sites.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I know I know, It sounds like childlike...I just got back on (due to nothing I performed) 6 hours later...I know a bit about technology, and this was a systemic shutdown I have never experienced before. Started with the major sites, and then to minor sites. Even after I lost all access to every site, my computer said I still had connectivity and the internet was fine......and I was still able to send and receive emails through outlook. The whole thing was odd and creepy, and no the pretty pictures on the screen are not magic. If my ISP brought down the DNS for service, then the I would have lost DNS on all of my sites together for a period of time....not just loose access to them over the course 30 mins, but I will write it us as my isp was working on the nodes.

new topics

top topics

join