It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Soldier Steps on IED In Afghanistan (Graphic Head Cam Footage) October 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

I saw the full video posted by the American who took the footage. The guy who steps on the ied was Afghani, not American and he survived the attack thanks to the Americans who were there to help him.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
With these type of videos mirror on places other than YT need to be made because we all know that YT will pull anything they want.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
reply to post by newcovenant

heroes ceremonies and lots of pinning medals

Yes the great hero ceremony for those big shiny pointless medals that only remind you of who never came home, the hero factor bullsh!t wears off pretty fast, trust me, and the medals go in a little box, locked away, and all your left with is sleepless nights.

And a broken family. It would not be as bad somehow if we did not send our youngest, freshest, best and brightest to die in these wars. You should have to be over 45, sign up and then be drafted to fight in any countries war. War should be reserved for the aged.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If anyone wants to see the video here is the link www.michaelyon-online.com... It is extremely graphic, so view at your own risk.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Yeah it is disgusting being mailed home in an envelope because all that is left of you was your dog tags and whatever fillings they could find that was left of your teeth.

These men and women face that stuff everyday, where they may get sent somewhere and walking down the street they get vaporised into a red mist. My brother was a combat medic and he saw that kind of stuff happen and he wakes up screaming in the night because of the trauma of seeing that stuff. if you join the military and end up in a warzone you will get PTSD, that is a fact.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can assure you that no one I joined the Army with thinks this stuff is a video game.

It's cute that you all think so. But no one joins the military thinking it will be easy.
If they do, they will get a rude awakening very quickly and likely before they reach
the theater of war.

The assumptions and misguided posts in this thread shows just how little people really know about the military.
edit on 20-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

if you join the military and end up in a warzone you will get PTSD, that is a fact.

I have to correct the assertion that you would definately develop PTSD if you haved served in a warzone. Current estimates suggest that just over a quarter of veterans with front line service history will develop mental health problems and that 5% will develop PTSD.

Having being a medic in Iraq and suffering with PTSD for the last 7 years from a single incident I can sympathise with what you are inferring but it is not correct. War is horrible but not all combatants end up traumatised. There are a lot of factors deciding on whether a person will develop mental health problems including but not limited to PTSD.

Source: www.telegraph.co.uk...

Other info: www.combatstress.org.uk...

Regards

Doc

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by TheMaverick

So the point in showing this is to warn people from joining the military if they are unprepared for this type of accident? I am wondering what the reason for re-posting graphic damage to an individual, an American soldier, I mean what value it has..beyond the disturbing graphic?

i wouldn't call stepping on an ied an accident. it was deliberately planted to kill soldier.

and i'm pretty sure if this soldier saw a video of him stepping on an ied and suffering a brutal and painful death and seeing half his face missing, he'd tell the army recruiter to take a flying head dive into an empty pool.

the sad fact is the american military is now an invasion force, used as a last resort when diplomacy, i.e. bribery,
fails to secure american interests.

there was an infamous south american from colombia, who used the same tactics. he called this tactic "the lead or the bullet".

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

It's silver or lead.

"Plata o plomo".

Either take the money or take the bullet.

This isn't what is going on with US military recruiting.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
That was fake.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Those shoot up type video games entice high school teenagers to think joining the military is comparable to playing their video games. I'm sure our armed forces love it because it helps recruit these kids into service.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join