It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UAV for everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
OAV for the soldiers

Do you guys like this UAV (or OAV as they call it)?

I personally like it but as for creeping up on the enemy is concerned these things sound like a weed wacker on high.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Yeah the acustical signature must be brutal. The ducted fan should help but the whine must be audible for miles. That being said, if the infantry is out on patrol, they would come in handy as a scouting device. Esp if it is a large force and unlikely to stay covert for long anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Looks like a battle drone off of C&C Generals, all they need is to put a gun on it.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
,aybe that's the intention eventually. has anyone heard of remote controlled fighter aircraft being made at all?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klepto
,aybe that's the intention eventually. has anyone heard of remote controlled fighter aircraft being made at all?

I think an unmanned fighter concept is still nearly a decade away.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I always liked the Black widow for a mini UAV design. There is no way that thing is going to sound like a weed wacker.

Heres a site with some pictures of it. Though its not in English you can get a idea of how small it is.

www.airserbia.co.yu...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yeah the black widow is cool but is it gas or electric, and whats its endurance?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Yeah the black widow is cool but is it gas or electric, and whats its endurance?

Its a electric motor thats I think it will be pretty quiet

''Although it has not yet achieved all of DARPA's criteria, it has been reasonably successful, managing a 16-minute flight at a top speed of nearly 70kph (45mph). '' So battery life is still a issue

www.aerovironment.com...

I have even see footage of a armed black widow that flew into a building a blew up. Perhaps thats why its called the black widow it will be small but can be deadly too. I armed option might be built into alot of these MAVs since if you can spot a sniper in a window with it you might as well give him a small taste of C-4 while your at it. Since these things are small and cheap a self destruct could work on them.

Heres a site with some other version Israel's Mosquito is alot like the Black Widow but its bigger.

www.defense-update.com...

[edit on 30-8-2004 by ShadowXIX]

top topics

join