It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 22 Days of Predictions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

I had pointed something out a while ago on ATS, i just was going on a gut feeling, here is the post, please read it then scroll down for the pictures.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wasn't there one a month or so ago where it was predicted (whatever) to be on the 28th of September? seems I commented on it..... ? I think the title was "three days to live" or something similar, and didn't it go like 30 pages or more?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a star to OP for using penultimate properly!

Personally I think this next much will me a changing point for many people. Either things will get real, or nothing will happen and people will have to reexamine their belief systems.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for the help, there.
I try to read as much as I can but it's not always possible. What really irks me is the folks who want the end of the world to happen. Why, seriously?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Also to add to the Oct 28th date its The Wacky Wonderful president of Iran's Birthday Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
28-Oct-1956 so make sure to send him a card

www.nndb.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I am not intimidated by the amount of time someone has been a member of this site.

neither am i, nor should anyone else be..

I have already clearly explained why that point was not valid. I see that you have conveniently skipped over that part.

just wanted to save you the embarrassment.. imo your point was nonsense.. and it kind of validates that reply to you that got you so wound up.. at the time there was alot of attention concerning that thread (but you obviously wasnt around to see or understand that) and in some respect there still is now. maybe the op could have worded it better but then thats just being picky which is unnecessary.

Made no claims? Exactly! Just repeating the nonsense of others. Seems as if there is a good amount of repetition going on↓↓.

god help him, if he did make any claims you really would have hammered him. and again your wrong, all the op did was collect and present information concerning predictions for THIS MONTH.. which is entirely relevant. i guess due to the number of flags others also agree.

7 year member
As previously stated: Not even slightly intimidated by that. 100% meaningless.

why would you be? why would anyone for that matter? and i wouldnt say its meaningless..

and your just repeating what you stated in the start of your post.. (they really should make a yawning symbol)

The reason that you are repeating yourself, is because you have nothing to say. Stop and take a breath, every once in awhile. Give your mind a chance to think of something original, and you may be able to stop repeating yourself.

lol.. another immature, rude and ignorant comment.. that was kind of the point, you were just repeating yourself in the reply to that poster, you told him to get of his high horse around 3 or 4 times...

you should stop and take a breath mate.. no really you should.. now i have nothing more to say.

Nope. I have rode one before. They are beautiful creatures. I'm glad you care. Thanks for asking.

i only ask because i hope you dont have trouble climbing down that high one your currently on..

P.S. I have a prediction too. Please try your best to prove it wrong. I predict that I will get several other meaningless replies, within this thread.

which is no more than you deserve.. we tend to deny ignorance around here..

edit on 20/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
On 28 October 1928 Wall Street crash.The black Monday!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Wow that's pretty harsh, I'm assuming your parents didn't teach you how to be polite.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
October 28th, 2011 - The End of the Mayan Calender

Carl Johan Calleman holds the unpopular belief that the end of the Mayan Calander is not on December 21st, 2012, but actually October 28th, 2011.

They have to get people to listen to them somehow. Actual scientists/mathematicians have independently come up with 12/21/12 or a smaller potential for 12/23/12 for the correct date ----> these would be the people who are simply trying to come up with the correct date and don't have their own agenda and fictional novella to go along with it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm afraid not of these dates but what is happening in the world around these dates! I don't know about the other dates but the 28th of October has been on my mind for a long time and while I doubt that anything specific may happen I also believe that this may be the beginning of a great many things to happen at this time! to be specific the world financial economic system! As most of you probably already know, there are many protests, money transfers out of BOFA as well as other boycotting, the possibility of an attack on Iran, solar storms, an awakening of truth by the masses and these are just the things I know! I can't imagine the stuff that's happening behind closed doors! As I said before that maybe nothing specific may happen but the combination of all these major events playing out may just have an effect that someday in the distant future leads man kind to believe that this date "as being the end of the mayans calender" was a date that led to great change, evolution, death, destruction, desent, disrest and the beginning of either a utopian or distopian society depending on our reaction to these events! So hopefully things will not get out of control & people will remain calm if this does happen! If it does'nt then there's always 2012 which I don't believe in! I always look at the world as if anything at all is possible and our ability to foresee future events as unlikely but I do believe that sooner or later someone will predict an endtime date and will be right on the money! Though I hope he does'nt share it with the rest of us!
Goodluck all and God Bless!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

22 Days of prediction's ? There has been 22 years of predictions(more or less) and nothing has happen,why should this be any different.Will something happen .......someday?sure.Will someone perdict it ?you guys are 0 for a couple hundred but hay the chance's of hitting SOMETHING if you keep guessing is getting better by the perdiction.
I can't wait to see what is next after December 2012,Id say that if nothing happens in 2012 it would make a lot of people look like fools but that happened a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88

What really irks me is the folks who want the end of the world to happen. Why, seriously?

I think there are a few categories those fall into.
1. Trolls, they don't really believe the world will end, but they love to crank others up over it. (ex. D4rk Kn1ght)
2. The religious/spiritual/oneness crowd. It's easier to bend people toward their way of thinking if you hold doom over others heads. (ex. Warnings From The Benevolents!)
3. Those suffering from Information Anxiety. From the words of the man that coined the phrase:

it (Information Anxiety) is "produced by the ever-widening gap between what we understand and what we think we should understand. It is the black hole between data and knowledge, and what happens when information doesn't tell us what we want or need to know." Source
So in other words, we now "know" more than we understand. (ex. 99% of predictions from Youtube videos)

But those are just my thoughts on why!

OiO

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ordinary dates which will passed and another predictions will come again bla bla ...
We are making the predictions and reality ..they are not writen

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

great collection and well presented. thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

...could also be the people who really want to see change. Not that they want the world to 'end', but perhaps end as we know it, thus giving birth to true freedom and equality among the human species. I think your points are very accurate, but like the idea that the 'end' scenario could actually just be monumental and positive change.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I would like to think that if (note that I didn’t say "when") nothing happens on these dates or by the end of 2012, many who have become deeply invested (some psychologically or spiritually, others financially) in these predictions will take future ones with a grain of salt. Unfortunately, experience has led me to conclude that people will continue to feel a deep need for a date of importance or change upon which to pin their hopes.

I know all too well how disillusioning it can be to simply accept that maybe, just maybe, we aren't as special as we think we are, and maybe nothing momentous and world-changing (outside of the norm, which is sadly often overlooked) will take place within our lifetimes. As such, I have learned that through cognitive dissonance, people will often say to themselves, "Ah, I was deceived. But there MUST be a greater truth out there. So I have to give the next prediction the benefit of the doubt, because maybe, just maybe, it'll be the true one."

Meanwhile, life goes by, years pass, years become decades, and before people know it, they're past the midway point in their lives and still waiting for a miracle or an event that will bring the change they so powerfully long for.

And I know exactly how that feels... because I long for it, too. But I have learned through painful experience that a healthy dose of skepticism can protect you from a lot of pain and disappointment. Especially if it allows you to focus on the things that can readily be changed... how we treat one another, our wellbeing, both mental and physical, trying to find happiness and fulfillment outside of these interests.

The problem is that, for many, the mundane sources of happiness in life can never compare to the promise of a truly stupendous event or experience that could transform the world into the ideal they wish it could be. I know how that feels, too. The feeling that even what those who aren't invested in these things would consider true happiness isn't enough when you put it next to the wonder we want to imagine exists and is waiting for us just around the next prophecy bend.

Nothing I'm saying is intended to offend anyone or disabuse them of their beliefs. I deeply respect people's beliefs and how they can enrich their lives. But I've seen too many people put all of their hearts and souls into believing something that in the end doesn't enrich their lives, but instead merely disillusions and crushes their spirit, to believe that that won't happen to at least some people this time around too.

So I guess all I'm saying is, yes, be open-minded. But never forget that doing so cuts both ways. You have to equally consider - and I mean truly consider - the possibility that absolutely nothing will happen with the same weight you give to the affirmative possibility. Many do. But some don't, and I’ve seen them get hurt in years past. I was, long ago, one of those people.

Whatever positive change you hope to see fulfilled, remember that it can never replace you simply living your life and trying to create mundane change in and around yourself.

Just my well intentioned, unsolicited advice of the day. I'm sure some people will take this the wrong way. But I ask you to stop yourself before you do, and consider the spirit and intent of what I've said. Peace.
edit on 10/20/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Not to detract (much) from the overall topic...but...how can Calleman's "prediction" fail?
It has been a few years since I read the book...but my recollection is of no particular prediction other than the end of the Mayan Calendar. And that derived as a result of a calculation based on a variant interpretation of the entire schema. Not that far from 12/21/2012, if 14 billion years (or so) are taken into account.
Likewise, I seem to recall that he did not suggest the end of the calendar to portend "the end of the world".
Correct me if I am remembering poorly.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
November 12th, 2011 - a new batch of prediction dates will be published, loosely linked to vague stories told by your neighbour's gardener's mother in a psychedelic dream.

hey now.. don't go knocking my psychedelic dream!

As to the OP.. I don't believe any of them, but it's good entertainment! Not to mention the 26th of November is my birthday so the end of the world just won't work out for me around my birthday. And well, there is Christmas after that, my own mother's birthday, and new years... This sort of stuff should be scheduled around these events.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthChilde

...could also be the people who really want to see change. Not that they want the world to 'end', but perhaps end as we know it, thus giving birth to true freedom and equality among the human species. I think your points are very accurate, but like the idea that the 'end' scenario could actually just be monumental and positive change.

And I would be all for that. But I don't see how that can happen on a date. Not unless there is some cosmic orgasm hurtling toward this planet.

But even the "positive & peaceful" end of the world predictions have doom and death at the beginning.

OiO

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

I am not intimidated by the amount of time someone has been a member of this site.

Originally posted by Misterlondon

neither am i, nor should anyone else be..
lol. Obviously, you give some sort of value to that. If you didn't value it, then you would not feel that it was worth mentioning. Also, you would not have used that as part of your 'proof' that I had been "put in my place."

Originally posted by Misterlondon

just wanted to save you the embarrassment.. imo your point was nonsense.. and it kind of validates that reply to you that got you so wound up.. at the time there was alot of attention concerning that thread (but you obviously wasnt around to see or understand that) and in some respect there still is now. maybe the op could have worded it better but then thats just being picky which is unnecessary.
Which part of this is supposedly embarrassing to me? Your "imo" doesn't embarrass me.

"Attention" does not equal truth.

Your entire argument seems to be based on the activity within some other thread. If there was any merit at all to it, then I would think that maybe one detail would be provided, aside from the fact that it received "alot of attention."

Also, based on your own words, it seems that the attention has lost momentum. Not many still believing it, now that the date draws near?? I wonder why that is....

Some people get off on feeding the gullible. There are plenty of people around here to eat it up. It is much easier to create an attention grabbing thread with bullcrap, than with the truth. Reality is boring. Wild fantasies are entertaining.

we tend to deny ignorance around here..
That slogan did not come out of thin air. There is a reason for it. Sadly though, many of you continue embracing it with open arms.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join