It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth Changes Kosovo Name Into Kosova? Google Goes Politically

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
As a deviant Google Earth user for 5 years now this move by google earth was qutie surprising
Google Earth

If you dont have Google earth you should download it, its free you might be quie surprised when you see it, it seems to me that google earth supports the radical albanian agenda of changing the name of Kosovo into Kosova.

Just because the albanians rule it now with a mafia organization that seeks to create a united states of albania, to this day Kosovo has no indursty the unemployment rate is very high even since after the 1999 war.

Kosovo should have recovered right? but it didnt in Kosovo at the captial Pristina albanians didnt even care about the city garbage's problem,which that to me isnt much of a surprise.

If you have Google earth please take a look at it, i havent seen google earth been this Politically since one of there CEO became a hero in egypts uprising.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Contact them and ask why the changed it?

Few years ago they randomly changed Montenegro/Croatia border and made it so its on Njivice instead of Prevlaka. Turned out it was mistake on their part and they changed it back.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
On Google Maps it's still Kosovo....

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Seriously, what is your point ? Are you mad about the garbage or the name change ? Mixed arguments that have nothing to do with eachother. I'm confused.

Republica Srpska, an entity in Bosnia and Herzegovina has been on google earth all the time.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Intrud3r because: b-

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Intrud3r

Sorry about my mixed arguments there that was a bit off topic, i am mad at the name change.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Sorry about my mixed arguments there that was a bit off topic, i am mad at the name change.

Now i understand
. Kosova is albanian name and Kosovo is a serbian name for that region ?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intrud3r

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Now i understand
. Kosova is albanian name and Kosovo is a serbian name for that region ?

Somewhat right
you can see the name Kosova when you zoom at it on google map.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
A proper name SHOULD be Kosovo and Metohija, or KOSMET for short...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Surely this is simply a case of actually getting the name correct? I know we like to implement western names for everywhere but the world is a changing!

On a side note, i trained at uni in conflict resolution and security studies. Several of those i was at uni with are now sent in to hotspots around the world by governments and international agencies to start the peace processes (think Kosova, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Afghanistan, Somalia, Iraq, Sudan, Congo, etc) and i am in regular contact and often gain access to things i possibly shouldn't, for example the actual USAF footage of the black hawk down incident in Somalia. One of my very good friends was sent into Kosova in 1999 to try and prevent trouble (onto a loser there). 4 of them landed and made there way to the hotel in the centre of Pristina. Of the 4, 1 was from the US, one from the Netherlands and 2 were Bulgarians who were fluent in both Albanian and Serbian. The 2 bulgarians decided to go for short walk around the immediate area of the hotel to get there bearings, etc (im talking 200 yard radius). Whilst out, some men in an alley asked them the time in Serbian. As soon as they answered, the men shot them dead (as they were actually albanian stock). The purpose of my sharing this tale is really to demonstrate that the hatred in this region is just endemic and is therefore very difficult to solve. Conflict resolution really boils down to attempting to get to a situation that all parties can see as a "win-win" and in this area, this is not very likely.

top topics

join