It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran Against War With Iran Avatar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thereisnologic

As far as I know, any nation who happens upon the secret to nuclear technology is welcome to join the treaty... But can you blame them for not wanting more countries to have it? Like you, I am not crazy about any country having them, so why is it not a good thing to you, that the countries who do have them, are trying to prevent other countries from getting them as well?

But you are right. Regardless of who has them and who does not have them, all it takes is one wrong move. One stupid decision. A bit of bad information. One nuke gets launched and we are all screwed.

I understand what you are getting at.

That said, Yes, I agree. I do not want the US to go to war. I want them to even bring our troops home. To leave the middle east all together. We have been lied to, our soldiers have been lied to and honestly, I suspect we are being lied to again about this supposed Iran assassination attempt against that ambassador. The UN has even said that if they can prove that Iran tried to do this, they will impose sanctions and what have you, on Iran...

This is something that the US government would love... So, if they really stopped an attempted assassination, why are they sitting here, debating over whether or not they want to provide the proof? Maybe they don't have any.

Personally, I am sick of the lies that my government tells me and I am sick of people dying because of those lies. It makes me sad... Maybe, with all these protests going on around the world now... Maybe that will change one day... I hope so anyway.

Because, I do love this country and it breaks my heart to see that we are bleeding to death... We need something to stop the bleeding... These lies are doing nothing but opening the wounds even more.

To the OP, I am not a veteran, nor do I plan on ever joining the service, but if you make up an avatar, such as the one you suggested, I would wear it proudly.
edit on 20-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

I really can't believe what I am reading here. I REALLY just cant understand. Your a marine and your brothers died in the war.....and it was for no good reason, your saying your buddies gave their life for no reason? WHAT THE *SNIP* IS WRONG WITH YOU? Do you really not see how utterly disrespectful you are being to them right now?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 10/20/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

I'm truly sorry you think you were somewhere killing people for a just cause. There's really no feeling like realizing you've been had. Unless your buddies were in the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Civil War, WWI, or WWII they died for bankers (though I could go into whole paragraphs on the bankers of the Civil War and both World Wars). If your buddies died fighting in any conflict after 1973, they died for oil. And they died in illegal actions, as our Congress hasn't declared war since Vietnam.

I support you fine men and women that serve and have served. I have a close cousin that did one tour in Iraq and two tours in Afghanistan. I have a cousin that was in Vietnam, my dad was in Korea, his brother was in the Army, their dad was in the 7th Mounted Cavalry in WWII, his grandfather fought at age 16 for South Carolina in the Civil War, and his great-grandfather was in the Revolutionary War. I never served because I was a tree-hugging liberal when I was young, and I'd like to go back and kick my own @$$, I can tell you that much.

But there hasn't been a direct threat to the U.S. since 1848 (which we caused), and no viable threat since 1945. Soldiers are now mercenaries, without the great pay. You work for Shell, BP, and Exxon, and Halliburton directs troop movements. You'll probably come on here and call me names, and say "I can't believe it! You're not an American! curse curse curse", but there it is. Take or leave it.

/TOA
edit on 20-10-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join