It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things that people believe about Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
So I frequent another forum. Its very liberal, not the "smart" kind either just the brainwashed the government is great, republicans are evil kind. Anyways was in a thread about Ron Paul and someone asking to vote for him. Heres my response and a reply.

My response -

Few people on this forum are going to consider Ron Paul or even hear his positions on anything. He's already been labeled crazy, a racist, and someone who hates the poor.

Most of the [redacted] on here seem to believe the only solution is more government. Ron Paul wants to drastically cut the government. So theres no way you're going to convince any of this crowd.

Reply -

Its not so much his small government its more to do with he's anti-abortion, thinks acceptable to let a man die because he can't insurance and is a creationist, so he imposes his morals where he has not right, is a not human and the worst kind of bat s* crazy, not someone who should be in any position of authority.

I'm not asking anyone on ATS to fight my battles or anything, I already spoke my peace. Just wanted to show you how the other side views Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

I can pick that guys argument apart in 1 minute but he will refuse to listen to reason and continue on his anti-RP tirade. I'm not wasting time to register on that form and try to reason with a babbling idiot that gets his information spoon-fed to him but you could humiliate him easily and see what response he has to the Constitution.

Am I getting this right? he called Ron Paul, not a human?
edit on 20-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The big government should have never been allowed to get as big as it did, and how is someone bat-#%*t crazy for being an anti-abortionist. He's a doctor, first and foremost. Saving lives is what he wants to do. I'm down with living life too(some days) if you don't mind. Do your research people...and have a heart.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Yup, he called him inhuman. Because I guess where he gets his information I'm guessing MSM or democratic underground if I had to take a stab in the dark. He believes that If RP was POTUS that people would be dying on the street, everyone would be poor and our rights stamped out.

I told him everything he said was false and slander and explained why. Though I know its not going to do any good, how you do even deal with someone who's drunk that much propaganda kool-aid.

OFF TOPIC

I never actually see kool-aid anymore. I wonder if they still make it? Just an odd thought.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

I can pick that guys argument apart in 1 minute but he will refuse to listen to reason and continue on his anti-RP tirade. I'm not wasting time to register on that form and try to reason with a babbling idiot that gets his information spoon-fed to him but you could humiliate him easily and see what response he has to the Constitution.

Am I getting this right? he called Ron Paul, not a human?
edit on 20-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

Why bother?
The guy sound like he's about 12 so can't vote anyway..

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

I heard Ron Paul can turn water into wine, but he won't do it because it's not an enumerated power.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

I can pick that guys argument apart in 1 minute but he will refuse to listen to reason and continue on his anti-RP tirade.

This seems to be the most common reply fans of Ron Paul will come up with when faced with the facts about him.

"I *could* argue this, but *they* won't listen".

Here's a tip for you all - instead of resorting to this, why not actually give it a try?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
So I frequent another forum. Its very liberal, not the "smart" kind either just the brainwashed the government is great, republicans are evil kind. Anyways was in a thread about Ron Paul and someone asking to vote for him. Heres my response and a reply.

My response -

Few people on this forum are going to consider Ron Paul or even hear his positions on anything. He's already been labeled crazy, a racist, and someone who hates the poor.

Most of the [redacted] on here seem to believe the only solution is more government. Ron Paul wants to drastically cut the government. So theres no way you're going to convince any of this crowd.

Reply -

Its not so much his small government its more to do with he's anti-abortion, thinks acceptable to let a man die because he can't insurance and is a creationist, so he imposes his morals where he has not right, is a not human and the worst kind of bat s* crazy, not someone who should be in any position of authority.

I'm not asking anyone on ATS to fight my battles or anything, I already spoke my peace. Just wanted to show you how the other side views Ron Paul.

You gotta admit that Dr. Paul does come off as abrasive first and then reasonable second. There are many times he'll say something but not really back it up with his logic. Like the healthcare question. He could have said "well the states can implement their own means of taking care of the uninsured" but instead he said "that's the dangers of living in a free society".

What sounds better? "I'm gonna take your car..." or "I'm gonna take your car, fill up the tank, and then bring it back". Dr. Paul is bad at explaining his views during the heat of the debates and does come off as a bit cold. If I had never looked into his actual policies, I'd think he was a pretty crazy evil old man. But, since I did look into him, I actually support the guy.

He needs to emphasize the crap out of the state empowerment angle. People just think that once all of these departments and laws are gone, they're gonna stay gone. It's understandable to be wary.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ron Paul, thinks its ok for Iran to develop nukes... (Great for us to clean up in 10 years)

Ron Paul, wanted full default!!! You do get what would have happened had we fully defaulted? We would not have just gotten 1 downgrade, like everyone here complained about so much.. We would be Russia in 86!!

Its not all RP ideas, but some of them just moronic... And you who sit here and ignore that some of his ideas moronic just as bad as those who down RP for things he didnt do.
edit on 20-10-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Originally posted by ShogunAssassins

Ron Paul, thinks its ok for Iran to develop nukes... (Great for us to clean up in 10 years)

Actually, IMO Iran having a way of telling the bullies in the world to piss off would be a good thing.

When's the last time Iran invaded a country?

Ron Paul, wanted full default!!! You do get what would have happened had we fully defaulted? We would not have just gotten 1 downgrade, like everyone here complained about so much.. We would be Russia in 86!!

Actually, denouncing the Fed and refusing to pay debts owed in a fiat currency system to trillion dollar private companies would do America a lot of good. Especially if you all returned to the Gold/Silver standard.

Its not all RP ideas, but some of them just moronic... And you who sit here and ignore that some of his ideas moronic just as bad as those who down RP for things he didnt do.

Nah, not moronic, more like "if it sounds too good to be true..", thing is though with him it's not. I only disagree with his time frames, this sort of thing won't and can't be done overnight.

But crazy? No. Sometimes radical, required genius just sounds that way

edit on 10/20/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Ron Paul. As with Hillary Clinton, something rubs me wrong, and it bugs me that I can't exactly define what. I simply do not trust him...something is off about him.

It's not that he's a know it all. Every politician is.

His platform, I've no real issue with most of it. It's the man himself...somethings not right.

Until I figure out what it is? He gets not even a sniff of my vote.
edit on 10/20/2011 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I agree (Although I could not vote for him anyway as I don't live in the US) and something about him is odd to me too... some of the things he says are great and I've heard him stick it to a few politicians, but there is something that is worrying, something odd.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The thing that worries me the most is that you and seagull agree with Ron Paul for the most part but don't know why you can't trust him.

Is it because he is actually honest and tells it like it is? There is no conspiracy behind the truth.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies
-Ron Paul

That could be why you feel so uneasy.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Anything is possible, I suppose. But I doubt it. When he first hit the big time, or at least came to my attention, my first thought was "Cool, I like this guy...", but with more exposure to his public persona, or the one he chooses to show; the more uncomfortable I grow.

No one, and I mean no one, is incorruptible. When a politician tries to come across as "everyman", especially one at his level, I begin to wonder what's he hiding. Is he hiding something? I don't know, and that bugs me, too.

Then there is that indefinable "something" that just rubs me wrong... If I knew what it was, it probably wouldn't bug me so much.

I'm not buying into the hype, sorry. Not until I can define my question, and get an answer for that question.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I know I'm in the minority with my reservations about Ron Paul. Nice to know I'm not alone...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I don't know what to say to that except for, yes you do need to recognize what it is you're looking for because by your logic, no man is trustworthy as long as he has something to be trustworthy about. Am I right?

I think since you are very uneasy about how he went from just another congressman to a presidential candidate and how this movement grew from seed to tree, you'll need to see the documentary about it:

I highly recommend it to those who are curious how this all came to be:

Other than that, all I can say is that, I know Ron Paul is one of us but he has an oath to uphold, he does his best to protect the constitution and his constituents. I've met him before, a good man.

I read an article about a young journalist that was allowed by the campaign to follow Ron from an event to the airport for an in-car interview. His guard had the door opened for Ron and he told the young man to get in and he'll just swing around the other side.

A 76 year old presidential candidate inviting a college journalist in the car first and he'll walk around? Ron got in and ate a value meal, waved at supporters as they walked by recognizing him through the front windows. Think about that for a second. my jaw dropped when I read it in the article.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I get what you're saying. To an extent I feel the same way. It's not something I can define either, except to say I don't really trust anyone in that arena anymore. How can any of us? It's been lie after lie after lie forever now...finally there is a candidate that seems like a 'real' 'peoples leader' and we've all seen that show too. Most recently with Obama.

"Change you can believe in"

...except we're all so jaded by the endless lies over the years that nothing rings true anymore, and when it gets close, suspicion arises from somewhere deep within, because our trust has been BETRAYED over and over again.

Hilary Clinton though? She is a snake without a doubt. I would never put her in the same bag as Ron Paul, even considering my unfounded reservations regarding him.

The thing i like about RP is that a lot of what he says he believes can be verified by looking at his history, which by the way is something you might have found difficult with other candidates, and certainly with regards to Obama. Nobody knew the hell he was then all of a sudden he's the freaken Messiah??
I knew he was a turd right off.
At least with RP there is a very public and accessible record on what and who he is going back decades.

I won't be voting because I'm Canadian
, but that's my take on the matter.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Well I can't define it and no... it's certainly not because of how honest he is, that would be ridiculous, that's why many were drawn to him.

I've read his stance on most things and absolutely agree, there are one or two I disagree but over all, he seems like the perfect politician.... and maybe that's what's worrying.
He's almost too good to be true and you know what they say about that right?

I know it means nothing and just because I have a feeling, hunch or whatever about him, doesn't make me right and doesn't mean anyone should feel that way, it;s my own feeling and yes, I have nothing concrete.

reply to post by seagull

I know mate, definitely in the minority... but that's not always a bad thing

edit on 20/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Some people are incapable of seeing the truth. Ultimately it will only hurt themselves because they will attach to one of the two established parties which will just bring more of the same. If people are happy with the system there is really no need to vote for [redacted], but if you want real change and not just slogans than your only choice is [redacted].

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You just said what I've been trying to, and failing, to articulate. At least most of it.

He's too good to be true.

Maybe he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. ...and maybe, like most politicians who reach his level, he's sold his soul at some point...and we've just not found out yet.

I honestly don't know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join