It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Married 72 Years Dies Holding Hands... The Heart goes on...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
A touching story with a beautiful ending. We should all be so blessed.

Thanks, silo.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This was a pleasant read for an otherwise depressing week.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

One of my best friends from high school married her hubby at 16. 48 years later, they are still "newlyweds".

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
I was getting ready to post to mention that movie The Notebook. anyone who's watched the end of it, see's that this story is --just like-- it. Aaaamazing.

What is it with these World War II Era couples, who not only.....stayed married, but stay IN LOVE?!!

All I hear about now days, actually, since the '70's, is, --like--, "I'm a guy who's 49 and still handsome, my wife is a frumpy nag because I won't sit and talk with her, and the 20 yr old blonde assistant has a crush on me. so it's time to move on. The kids will eventually understand."

To h**l with that.

What? Usually wives are cold fish and don't want to give it up much. Certainly a guy would bang a younger woman that wants to do him. Hell yeah.

On the other note women who don't get the emotional input they need usually ride another man's pogo stick. Way of the world.

Back on track: For those two I'd say they always had friends in each other and probably had little reason to look beyond their marriage for what both desired. Here's to love and holding hands folks..!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

We are missing all that is right before our eyes, and seeking everything we do not truly need....

Just my thoughts....

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Sweet, kinda sad, very poignant story. You have to know though, that whatever comes after this life, they're together in it. It can't possibly work any other way.

Beautifully said. And I agree. If you can't have what they have - don't settle for second best. Ever. You'll regret it. They say 'love grows' - I agree - but it still needs a solid base.

peace

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

AH HA HA HA! What a GREAT video! I love them! Oh why couldn't I get parents like that!

Thank you so much for sharing that!

So cute to see - like our couple from the original post - he's the prankster and she's the serious one. Seems to be a reoccurring theme. Patience in the women and a good sense of humor in the men! Add that to the list of how to make a long lasting marriage!

peace

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

hey dethduck i just tried to kill the fly in your avatar how funny was that luckily no one here to see me whacking it that made my day

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Another 'Love' story!

peace
edit on 11-1-2012 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join