It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Married 72 Years Dies Holding Hands... The Heart goes on...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
most beautiful story i've read in a long time, no matter how sad - love is a beautiful thing.

may they rest in peace.. and love

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Two hearts beating as one. *Sniff*

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Something great. I married my high school sweetheart 16 years ago and we have been together ever since (24yrs of knowing her). We have two kids Claire 5 and Merrek 3 and they are great. I still can remember the very first moment I saw her. I will be there for her until until one of us sees our dying day. I could not even imagine my life without her in it. She is the lifeforce of my existance, it is thoughts of her that drive me through the tough times that life can throw at you.

And I thought the thread story got me all sniffly. This post has to be one of, if not the most beautiful I've read to date on ATS.

I wish I could send you and your lovely Mrs. a bottle a bubbly and a nice night out.

Bless you both - forever and ever.

peace

edit on 20-10-2011 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What a beautiful story! I have no doubt whatsoever that the husband was still with his wife and was waiting so that they could cross over side by side, as they been for those seventy two years.
Forty one years ago at the age of nineteen years, I "died" during emergency surgery. I won't go into details, but I will say I didn't want to be sent back to the life I had just left. My pleading to be allowed to stay obviously didn't do any good, seeing as I'm sitting here today at this old computer.
I know it is hard not to at times, especially as we grow older and our own time draws near, but whenever thoughts of death crop up, try thinking of entering a newer and way more beautiful phase of life than the present one. It's true that I only had a few minutes of "being there", but in those few minutes the feelings of love and peace within, and all around me, ran far deeper and were more intense than I am able to describe.
Why I was given another chance, albeit one I didn't want, I have no idea! I was a member of a motorcycle club at the time, and was on the operating table as a result of stab wounds I received upon being jumped from behind.
Last night I was again at the emergency department of our local hospital, and the nurse (who was applying the dressings) and I were sharing personal experiences of people passing, I might have finally found out the reason I was sent back. The nurse told me that because of the number of people I've been with when their time came, she suspected I was sent back to help those who were afraid of what to them was the "unknown". I can only hope she was right, and that I really have helped them.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thankyou very much for posting that

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

What a beautiful love story! I enjoyed reading about them. Last week I was in Macy's shopping for a new pair of boots...and there was an elderly couple sitting across from me...buying shoes too....anyway...we got into a conversation...and they were so cute.....he is 90 and she is 88 and they have been married for 70 years...still so much in love....I asked them what their secret was in such a long marriage...and they both said....we each married our best friend...accepted each other as we just are....never tired to change each other....and became very good at negotiating.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

I might have finally found out the reason I was sent back.

Another reason? Your words are powerful. And poignant. They erase a lot of fear and I bet you know how important these gifts are in today's uncertain 'oh my God the world is going to end tomorrow' society.

I'd like for you to consider writing out your whole encounter with the 'other side' and posting it here on ATS - if you have not already.

If you have, would you be so kind to link to it?

If yo have not? Think about it. Please let me know if you do I would really like to read more.

Thank you so much for sharing. I mean that.

peace

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Last week I was in Macy's shopping for a new pair of boots...and there was an elderly couple sitting across from me...buying shoes too....anyway...we got into a conversation...and they were so cute.....he is 90 and she is 88 and they have been married for 70 years...still so much in love....I asked them what their secret was in such a long marriage...and they both said....we each married our best friend...accepted each other as we just are....never tired to change each other....and became very good at negotiating.

If that isn't the recipe I don't know what is!

Your reply reminded me of this. I bet they're the same people - ok, maybe not - but surely a couple who know the same recipe as your old friends at Macy's!

peace

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I just read this thread to my wife.

She's still crying.

edit on 20-10-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No...that is not the same couple....but it is interesting....how similar their viewpoints are.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Love like that is special...magical...something that we can't explain, but want for ourselves. People, mostly family, but freinds who themselves are married, have asked on numerous occasions why I've never married. This is why...

If I can't have that, or at least what my parents had, why bother?

Sweet, kinda sad, very poignant story. You have to know though, that whatever comes after this life, they're together in it. It can't possibly work any other way.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My wife's doing the same at work...she called me and I thought something was wrong...cryin like a baby! I have to admit, as tough as I am, (cough cough ) I had tear in my eye.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Smitty5150

Men are only supposed to cry if their dog dies or their leg is caught in a bear trap.

After reading that story and hearing my wife (in a very small voice) say, "I want to be married for 72 years."

I almost threw my dog in a bear trap.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This is really a great story !

Glad to see such couples still are around

People really undermine , and undervalue ther wedding vows these days, and don't realize the importance of such words . If people were more about principals they would easily be able to uphold there wedding vows instead of making it good speech for everyone to hear.

Gives a little hope for other couples i see thats for sure !

to be together that long ! turns into far more then just friendship , so strong , such values. Then for death to come take it all away !

enjoy all the moments while you have them .

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That was beautiful.

My wife and I have been together for 23 years, and our plan is that whichever one of us dies first will keep the ashes of the other on the mantle until they pass; at which time our ashes will be mixed together and spread into Lake Huron (Shhh, it's illegal
)

I only hope that we die together. I can't imagine living without my baby girl.
edit on 10/20/2011 by OldCorp because: Added pic of the wifey

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
They must of had a special casket made for them to be holding hands in it , the casket would have cost at least 25,000 dollars, and then they got cremated ? most people that pay to get cremated , do so because it is a hell of a lot cheaper than getting buried. I don't see anybody spending that kind of money for a double casket .

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by dethduck

Yes. It makes me rethink the whole structure of marriage and divorce these days. But I don't want to go there in the thread lol! I'd rather the message just gives hope to those who are looking for love, and have it, reasons to hold onto it and (IMO) how love does...go on...

peace

I'm of the personal mindset, and always have been, that it's less about Marriage and more about the COMMITMENT 2 lovers have for each other. This is just an example of what love and commitment is. If you focus of being honest(with yourself) and Love the person you choose(and they return the same sentiment), the same story as this will be a common series of event for many of us.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Here's to you Gordon and Norma.

Not many of us are this fortunate, to truly find our soulmate. Someone who will breathe as you do, hearts so attuned to each other, someone who fills in our blanks. Lucky couple and I envy them.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Thanks for the tear jerker story of the day. But in a good way. Love will always inspire me, even when alone.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

You are absolutely right. If 2 people honestly try, and respect each other while reciprocating their love, how can that fail? It can't.
edit on 10/20/2011 by The Endtime Warrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join