It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The crime of hugging

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

No my 5 year told me she got in trouble...after waiting for her to spit it out in fear of getting in trouble with me...when she told me I almost laughed. I contacted the principal to verify the accuracy of my children's account. I will post her reply here. (I don't know why she was using 4 year olds as comparison...since no 4 year old go to school.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Principals letter

Good morning, again! I talked with our playground supervisor this morning. It is true that C and K were hugging each other and swaying side by side. This was very innocent and the playground supervisor asked them to be careful and try to keep their hand to their sides. We have 314 students, so we try really hard to stay consistent on all of our rules K-6 because as a school. One 4 year olds "hugging" can look very different for another 4 year old, so we try to stay consistent. As you can imagine, we also have to be careful about saying, "Oh, they can hug because they are brother and sister or because they are so young." It is similar to if some students are pushing each other around, but they say, "Oh, it is okay we are just kidding; we are friends." We get it 100 times a day, so our best bet is to be consistent.

Therefore, we will continue to do our best to be consistent school wide by reminding kids of the rules about no touching, which I do SO many times a day. Kids need reminders and that is why we are here each day and out of the playground. I would like to ask you to talk with C and K about what "getting into trouble" means to them. At school, when an adult reminds them of a rule, it is not "getting into trouble," but a reminder about our rules that we have at school, and they may not know this. For example, last week, I had to ask C to hurry and get into class from the hall. This was not "getting into trouble," this was a simple reminder to hustle on up because your teacher is waiting for you.

Let me know if you would like me to have this conversation with C and K, and I would love to talk with them about this, or I can have Ms. C, the counselor do this as well. This might make them feel better about how a school has to run.

Thanks and let me know.

<< 1   >>

join