It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain admitted to being pro-choice tonight, is his campaign over in the GOP?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Why is abortion such a huge issue for American politics. I mean is it like a judgement or yard stick to how religious a candidate is. Aren't their more important issues at the moment, issues that would be best sorted out by someone who knows what they are talking about , rather than their opinion on abortion?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Abortion, Gun rights and Gay marriage. Those are the big three division issues in this country. Every election, they come up. They separate the voting public effectively and that's why politicians take strong stands on these issues.

They are ALL about freedom. If someone REALLY believes in freedom, they would support ALL of these issues, but very few people in the US do. (I do.) For all the lip service paid to freedom by the right, they would only support the freedom to own guns and deny the freedom to marry the person of my choice and to choose whether or not to reproduce. And the left is just the opposite. They'd let gays marry, but take their guns away. :shk:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Why is abortion such a huge issue for American politics. I mean is it like a judgement or yard stick to how religious a candidate is.

It is.

Opposition is mostly religious based as is opposition to gay rights.

Religious control is weakening - Thank god. But - not something I would under estimate - - in their zealous pursuit.

Politicians use it as a tool.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

No, it isn't over. Paul is pro-choice also. At least politically he is pro-choice, personally he is pro-life.

I am a GOPer and Tea Partier, and I hate abortions, but I don't want a pro-life president. Every rule has exceptions, and we need leaders that can see that and legislate appropriately.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thing about that is, Ron Paul derives his position from the Constitution, it does sound like Cain is pandering.

I take my marching orders from the Constitution
-Ron Paul

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Oh Paul is much preferred over Cain in my opinion. Cain could be a disaster! He seems ok for now, but so did Obama 4 years ago.

Paul has everything nailed down. No other candidate is even close to him.

But, I don't think being pro-choice has hurt Cain very much if any.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join