It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PLEASE tell me this is only the Moon and not something else!

page: 1,
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I banned myself from ATS until I saw this today. I had no choice but to bring it to your attention. There is OBVIOUSLY something very big and very close to us. I started seeing it through various means about a year ago. It was much smaller then. I've included that photo for comparison for what I'm about to show you below. Someone please try and tell me this is lens flare or some kind of lighting effect. It's not... whatever it is, it's huge and it's hiding near our perspective of the sun so we don't notice it. I know it sounds incredibly ridiculous for something this big to be this close to us without our planet going into shock. But it's just too obvious to dismiss as an anomaly. I've reduced brightness and increased contrast so you can see the object. I included the unedited photos before the ones that are edited.

This footage is from today (19-October-2011) and was captured from the Neumayer station's video stream.
The show starts at: 04:20 UTC (27/144)

Here's the link: www.awi.de...

I'm not sure how much longer this footage will be available, which is why I captured the screenshots below. They are in sequence. I skipped every other one until the object is obvious, which is where I started enhancing. I don't have much time and I shouldn't be on this site since I decided it's bad for my mental health, but I couldn't resist this. I guess I'm off the wagon for now, but please understand why I may not be able to reply to your questions or comments. I just don't have time and it will be difficult for me to view this thread but maybe once a day for a few minutes. Please don't be rude or condescending or you will be ignored. I look forward to your analysis.

Thank you in advance!

Photo I captured almost 1 year ago for comparison:

The image above is further analyzed at this THREAD.

Snapshots from today's Neumayer video stream:

*ATS MODS, Please feel free to move this thread wherever you think is appropriate.
edit on 19-10-2011 by my3911 because: Title Edit

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
that could possibly be the moon.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
can't wait to read the replies on this one.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Can you explain a little bit about
what we are suppose to be seeing
here. Interesting - would like to know
more about it.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It looks like some sort of celestial body to me. I am no expert for sure. I could be space junk?

Somebody wake up Phage!!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

You know that it is possible to see certain known celestial bodies during the day at certain times right? We had another thread with a video taken at sunrise, it's probably the same known celestial body.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

well I must be really stupid because I watched it and it just looked like the Sun coming up.

I didn't see anything else, but that is not to say, I missed some stuff.

I am intrigued now.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
im1.shutterfly.com...

There's something you don't see everyday.
Maybe some kind of light refraction from the flare of the sun dog? Why and how could an object that size be invisible to us and them? The sun's light would hit it and light it up pretty good I'd think, no?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

unless you used filters on that shot, than it's 100% lens flare.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I didnt see it on google space, earth, stellarium, OR youtube, so I would say its nothing(extreme sarcasm)
Good find but I would personally guess the moon myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

Ya, space junk in the shape of a flipping planet/moon. Probably the moon though. Amazing pics, nice find. Star, no flag.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The first photo you have put up could possibly be a lense artifact. There was another post here yesterday claiming that a lady had taken the same picture of the object you have but in a video. Another video was posted also in the thread showing how this could possibly be debunked by simply spinning the camera around and the object would move accordinly.

As for the others, you have got me beat. Could be the moon but the best option would be to head back to the 19-10-2011 and find out where the moon was at this time. If it is not there, then someone else can try to explain to me aswell what it is..
edit on 19-10-2011 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If this object is not the moon, then it's something really, really out of the ordinary. I would be interested to see how close the current view of the Sun and Moon in comparison to each other are from the station's perspective. Does anyone have a link to the current celestial view from Antarctica's perspective? I know there's plenty of star chart programs and web sites out there that could tell us if this is the Moon or not. If the Moon is not supposed to be where this object is located, then I think I might start to get concerned. I have to log off and get ready for another crazy day at work, but I'll check this thread again tomorrow to see if anyone can figure this out.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile
It looks like some sort of celestial body to me. I am no expert for sure. I could be space junk?

Somebody wake up Phage!!

Space junk does not look like the moon or a celestial body. It would DEFINITELY not be visible with the naked eye let alone that huge

Wasnt jupiter close to the moon this last week? Could be jupiter
edit on 19-10-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If I were the kind of person to run around panicking over any and every warning of doom, whatever form that doom might take, I would think that after awhile I would realize that if there's nothing I can do about it, then I should simply continue about my life, enjoy it while it lasts, and try to relax, because, if there's nothing I could possibly do about it, then, there's no point in making any kind of a deal over it at all.

If nothing ever happens, then, wow, I can continue going about my life, enjoying it, and doing so without pointless panicking over things that I couldn't have done anything about even if they had come to pass.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Thanks for taking the time to share this. I find it very interesting! Maybe there's a brown dwarf hanging out there by the sun? I think it looks like it could be a dim star or planetary object.

Scientists, telescope hunt massive hidden object in space

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Not to worry. This is absolutely 100% a lens flare. I watched the entire 30+ minute video on the N. Station Nibiru/Planet X question. This flare actually and very clearly moved in front of the station - not behind it. There was also another flare similar in size that did the same thing. It was only for a moment but it definitely moved right in front of it. As for your mental health and ATS - just stay away from threads that unground you. There is a lot to learn here.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wow, I was about to post to this thread, and it suddenly vanished into the "recently removed forums" section? What's up with that?

I was going to say, I have been seeing this a lot. I keep an eye on a group of people who watch the Neumayer station feeds often. The interesting ones include channels under these names on Youtube:

BeePeeOilDisaster

UrsuAdams (best one - regular videos - online radio program weekly)
(His FaceBook page also has a bunch of people posting their finds together there) - link under his vids, I think.

MrWildIdaho

Today's video from Neumayer has an anomaly that people were pointing out when commenting on the videos of this same footage for your thread. Seems that frames of the web feeds showing these objects in the skies are being switched around in the feeds, mixing in some from the 18th into the feed for the 19th. They show the different dates right there on the screen.

Whatever that is, seems like it is not the moon, as it always shows up as a planet shape, even when the moon is waning, waxing, or crescent.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightrider
reply to post by my3911

Not to worry. This is absolutely 100% a lens flare. I watched the entire 30+ minute video on the N. Station Nibiru/Planet X question. This flare actually and very clearly moved in front of the station - not behind it. There was also another flare similar in size that did the same thing. It was only for a moment but it definitely moved right in front of it. As for your mental health and ATS - just stay away from threads that unground you. There is a lot to learn here.

I haven't heard any of the people studying that saying it was a lens flare, which some of them usually do point out the difference pretty regularly. I will have to ask them about that. There are other amazing anomalies being seen, tho. Check out BeePeeOilDisaster's YouTube video from today, the 19th.
edit on 19-10-2011 by saintinwaiting because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2011 by saintinwaiting because: my edit was a spelling error, sorry didn't mention that

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
First picture is definitely a lens flare.
Other pictures- The result of the bright object moving out of screen
edit on 19-10-2011 by eyes0wide0open because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join