It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'My headache's about to explode': U.S. girls just dropping dead!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
reply to post by xFloggingMaryx

Well done, lets hope you don't end up eating your words one day.
I'm sure everyone on the planet who ever got an STD got them from strangers right?

Wait... are you hoping that I get an STD?

That's sick.

To clarify my previous point... I don't mean that everyone who has an STD got it from being irresponsible. Obviously there are liars in the world, and even if you (the collective "you") are completely sure that your partner is clean (because they told you), it doesn't mean they aren't lying - or who knows, they might have something and not know it. Bad stuff can happen, and obviously, it's not the victims fault all the time.

I guess I was generalizing... When it comes to sex, I can only relate to my own experience. And I'm one of those people who doesn't have much of a sexuality (probably a curse, actually). So honestly, it takes YEARS of knowing someone intimately (intellectually, that is) before I can ever get physical. With that information, I'm sure you can at least understand where I was coming from in my previous post.
edit on 20-10-2011 by xFloggingMaryx because: to add more detail

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

First of all vaccines have saved and continue to save many lives. Each one has to be taken on its own merit. For instance the vaccine for Whopping Cough is safe and yet paranoid delusional people are causing the unnecessary deaths of many children, sometimes their own. Radicalism is never good.

I would recommend doing some research about the side affects of any vaccine before taking it or giving it to any children. If you do a google search on the subject, I recommend skipping to about page 3 of the search results, and then start clicking and reading.

About the whooping cough vaccine being safe, when you start looking at statistics regarding how many people got the disease, and how many died, you also have to look at the total population of the area where the outbreak is taking place, and figure out the percentage of the population who was actually affected.

In California, in 2010, the rate of infection works out to about 16 in 100,000 people. These cases were described as confirmed, or suspected cases of whooping cough, so the number of cases per thousand could actually be lower.

10 babies died, and 9 of them were Hispanic. These babies were very young babies. These children could have had some underlying condition such as poor nutrition, or poor pre-natal care that caused them to be particularly susceptible to the disease.

Getting back to the whooping cough vaccine being safe, recent studies done suggest that there may be some questions.

At least in rich countries, many people may think that whooping cough - also known as pertussis - is a killer from a pre-vaccination era. The new study, which is published in this month's edition of the journal Emerging Infectious Diseases, emphasises that incidence rates have been recently increasing in many industrialised countries. Prior to this study, scientists were unsure why.

Now it seems an upgrade to a new type of vaccine may be to blame. Up until 1997, a "whole-cell" vaccine was used before it was phased out over two years because of concerns about side effects. Since 1999, a new "acellular" vaccine has been used. One of the authors of the study, Ruiting Lan, told The Advertiser of Adelaide, South Australia:

"A key issue is that the whole-cell vaccine contained hundreds of antigens, which gave broad protection against many strains of pertussis. But the acellular vaccine contains only three to five antigens. Our findings suggest that the use of the acellular vaccine may be one factor contributing to these genetic changes."

With the reported autisim rate being about 1 in 130 nationwide, which is a h3ll of a lot higher than 16 in 100,000 (and this is only for the state of California, not the whole US) I think I would rather take my chances on NO vaccine.

After all, if vaccines work as stated, your vaccine will protect you, will it not?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Why did gov perry force the vaccines exactly? I know i've heard all sorts of theorys, most of them being too far fetched to believe..such as the vaccines make females sterile in an effort to prevent population growth.

And as far as them being forced, what has this country come to? Forcing these vaccines on children who probably have no idea of the risks involved, or the ingredients used to make them?

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join