It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Evokes Sexual, Violent Imagery Again in Push for $447 Jobs Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I really must say that this angers me and disgusts me at the same time. Why is it that politicians (both sides) always resort to fear mongering to promote their agenda? (never mind, thats a rhetorical question, I know the answer). But really, I don't think this plan will work and to use fear tactics to get it pushed through is not only irresponsible, but rather insulting I think.

Vice President Biden is stepping up his argument that rapes and murders could increase if Congress does not pass President Obama’s $447 billion jobs bill – evoking sexual and violent imagery in his sales pitch for the second time in a week.

Speaking to Philadelphia police officers Tuesday at the University of Pennsylvania, Biden slammed Republican critics who say the jobs bill is just “temporary,” underscoring measures aimed at maintaining police force levels. “Let me tell you, it’s not temporary when that 9-1-1 call comes in and a woman’s being raped. If a cop shows up in time to prevent the rape, it’s not temporary to that woman,” Biden said with his voice rising. “It’s not temporary to the guy whose store is being held up and has a gun being pointed to his head if a cop shows up and he’s not killed. That’s not temporary to that store owner. Give me a break -- temporary. “I wish these guys who thought it was temporary, I wish they had some notion what it’s like be on the other side of a gun or a 200-pound man standing over you telling you to submit,” he added. “Folks, it matters. It matters.”

No Mr. Biden, it is not temporary to that woman. Thats why there is a law called the concealed carry law, an in my opinion, should be legal in all states. You just can't wait for the police to arrive (after the crime is already committed). It seems to me that violent crime can occur anywhere, not just in cities where there are less jobs. I live in a part of the country where there is a lot of oilfield and construction work going on, we have one of the lowest unemployment rate within 3 states, and yet in this small city, there have been 8 unsolved murders in the last year, not to mention a plethora of burglaries and thefts. I really don't think its because they can't find a job (although a large majority cannot pass a drug screen) but rather they don't WANT to find a job. So they resort to this kind of behavior. I just don't see where creating a jobs bill would really change anything. In fact, I believe that there is a lot more in that bill than is what is being revealed and I have a really bad feeling about it but thats an entirely different subject, or is it? Perhaps that is the whole reason why they are pushing so hard to pass this bill.

“No victim of violent crime would ever wish that others were forced to experience the same trauma they went through – especially to make a brazen political point. So why would the sitting vice president of the United States?” “Our economy is hurting and the Obama administration’s policies have only prolonged the pain, but that is no excuse for Vice President Biden to wish his political opponents to be subjected to rape or have a gun held to their head,” the RNC said. “Victims of violent crime should never be used for political gain

“It’s completely preposterous at a time when 14 million Americans are looking for a job in this country for the president to be riding around on a bus saying we should raise taxes – on the very folks who create jobs,” he said on the Senate floor. “Let’s drop the talking points about millionaires and billionaires,” he said. “And let’s work together on bipartisan jobs legislation that’s designed to pass, not fail.”

I do have to say that I agree with this...I think its high time for our politicians to take personal responsibility for their own actions, grow up and act like mature adults, and come together and create a viable solution for the common good. In my opinion, its comments like these that just increase the division among people.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

That four letter word made me a believer in his stupidity..........................

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Violence is not a symptom of a lacking police force. Violence is a symptom of a sick society. I do believe that we should do what we can to keep some law enforcement on the streets, but using this type of argument is wholly destructive, especially when violent crime in this nation is STILL declining.
Sorry, Biden, but poor people don't always just start shooting each other. You're going to have to find a better argument to pass your crappy bill that didn't pass the first time.

join