It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA checkpoints now on HIGHWAYS, buses and rails

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

If we secured our borders this would be a non-issue.
Freedom also means being vulnerable.
There are certain things we as Americans have been guaranteed. Until such time as the people decide we don't, then they have no right to take them away or abuse them.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Seems a little more then creepy, but may I ask a straight forward question NO ONE in the legal world has ever been able to answer? They say to travel in a car, or one would suspect any technological device, is a privilege not a right? Right? So you can walk anywhere, great. Just try getting anywhere fast walking. To use an infrascture that must co-ordinate its use with the powers that be. Hmmm. I suppose there is a certain logic there. But only some.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Well, driving is a privilege. However, your car is personal property.
They cannot search personal property without a warrant.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
YAY! Welcome 2011 America to the new Nazi State.
There will be checkpoints on every corner from here on out.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Does anyone else see something is totally wrong and backwards with this situation????
Our borders are unprotected, but Americans are being checked at every point, even when we are traveling around inside our own country??? If it wasn't so effed up it would be laughable.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

At yet we haven't. This just further exposes the hypocrisy and real intent. It's not about safety, it's about obedience and control.

Almost every technology and tactic developed for theaters of war is eventually imported and used against the people whose tax dollars paid for it. The police state will never recede unless and until we, the people, unite and reclaim our freedoms.

link   

Good.

(what did you say, beezzer?)
*ahem*
I said, "good".

Now the gloves are coming off. Good.
Now everyone can see the police-state tactics other than the people that fly. Good.
No ever MORE people can get steamed and angry and irate. Good.
Now government can start fearing the people, again.

Good.

link   
This is happening in my area now too, and not by the TSA.

It all started with so called "DUI Checkpoints" that occurred usually on weekend evenings, resulting in thousands of arrests and really not deterring people from drinking and driving, just making more money for the govt.

Then they started doing random "Drivers License Checkpoints" and these could occur any place, any time, and were extremely frustrating because if you were in a rush for something, you now had to sit through an hour of a line of cars all one by one going through. God forbid you decided you dont want to deal with it and turn around, they have motorcycle cops anticipating this, and they pull you over for no reason just to see why you didnt want to go through the checkpoint.

Now, on the freeway even, I have sat for HOURS in traffic barely moving, thinking it was some horrendous accident, only to finally roll up to the Border Patrol and ICE check point on a major freeway, stopping every car and inspecting for illegals, drugs, etc.... I was sooooo pissed. Dont get me wrong, if you break the law, you must reap what you sow, but I thought we were protected against unreasonable detainment, search and seizure???!?!?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Is he trying to provoke the people on purpose? Or just an insane idiot?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Unenforceable. TSA agents may get away with stopping a few folks.. But most me I know won'tr stop on a highway for a TSA agent.
If you aren't a state cop forget it... can't arrest ya legally for a traffic stop, need a warrant to search you or your car.

Unless TSA agents are now trained like SWAT teams, this ain't gonna fly.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

"Heil Obama" is the new slogan!
And you thought you were free, silly American!
Now if only we can get the rest of the zombies to open their eyes, we might actually have a chance at getting things back.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
YAY! Welcome 2011 America to the new Nazi State.
There will be checkpoints on every corner from here on out.

No comment really.

Just like the pic.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE, you and your children are ensared by the trap you are building.

I completely understand your frustrations, but can we maybe leave the innocent children out of this?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Damn Ron Paul is looking better and better all the time America is screwed if he is not president because even the
the traditional republicans will keep up the police state antics and if Obama goes another term that's big trouble too.

Rep. Ron Paul's plan to "restore America" includes abolishing the Transportation Security Administration.

thehill.com...
edit on 20-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

just fine as always when visit .. passport chopped, polite smile and a welcome then off to visit friends - no groping , no searches even had an invite to tea but had to decline as had to go catch a train as going to visit my son and see my grandson.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DjKillaVinyl

They have already gone too far. This is pointless, useless, a waste of money, and not to mention against our rights as citizens. (not like that means much anymore) I think soon more and more people are going to start fighting back physically instead of holding a sign and chanting. I am embarrassed to call this my county sometimes. Because it stands for almost nothing i stand for.

Agreed. These agents had better start thinking about their families and the consequences they may encounter by "just doing their job". They need to man up and realize that they are tools of a tyrannical regime and they will be the first with targets on their backs when the citizens of this country reach the breaking point. If that happens, there will not be enough agents and checkpoints to save them. They need to repent now and refuse to commit these treasonous acts against their fellow citizens.

edit on 20-10-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik

Too late for that now.

Again, it's all about weaknesses and vulnerabilities and how an enemy can exploit them.

The cells have been in place for years now. And if the USA is drawn into wars in Iran and Syria this will all be painfully apparent.

They operate legitimate businesses now and have the means and capabilities to retaliate, and launch devastating attacks anywhere at will.

Border security?

The key players immigrated here LEGALLY! ... They even send funds raised by legitimate and illegal business to their families in their homelands.

The borders have been exploited to smuggle in weapons and operatives etc. successfully.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Unfortunately, you are correct.

I was privy to information back in 2001 and I was told Iran and Syria were the next targets. From the looks of things, Iran is just around the corner. I had hoped I was being made a fool of when I was told this. guess not.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

just fine as always when visit .. passport chopped, polite smile and a welcome then off to visit friends - no groping , no searches even had an invite to tea but had to decline as had to go catch a train as going to visit my son and see my grandson.

Excellent, give my regards to our Chinese comrades when you have an opportunity.

Also, let them know the games are very near the end now.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The is a simple solution to this problem

say no

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join