It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA checkpoints now on HIGHWAYS, buses and rails

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

So because of your experience, you think having the TSA perform pseudo illegal activities is justified?

How does it differ from a police state? And what if these guys weren't so understanding in your situation? Who's to say you weren't just lucky?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If you had any idea about what can happen to a person that pisses off an East Texas Pig with a limited vocabulary lots of back up and probably enough illegal substance and a throw down gun that would supply witness that you were shot and killed in self defense or lived and went to a cell in TDC until you had little life left in you and were wanting to die... If that is the way you'd like to go, you can do it that way..I was in Dallas when JFK was killed and in LA when Bobby was killed.. I did my thing in Vietnam, I know enough to realize when I have to yield, but I still let them know I know what they are doing is wrong if I feel that it is.... Tell me about your experiences with armed men telling you what to do and how many bodies dead.bodies and wounded that would never have a normal life you've seen.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I'm not arguing with the situation. I'm not saying you handled the situation improperly. I'm getting back to the original topic of the TSA being able to run amok and patrol the country. They're federal, not state...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Well, I enjoyed the story anyway.
~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I have been to DC for veteran events and had a small situation with federal police over an illegally parked car.. They were professional and easy to deal with... True but irrelevant.... I guess I'll have to be in a situation where I have my rights challenged to learn how I would respond.. I believe the Feds would be more aware of your rights and not be as inclined to violate them like cops behind the Pine Curtain of East Texas... They aren't bad if you are careful to not use words with more than 3 syllables. .

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yeah, Law Enforcement are humanbeings just like the rest of us. Just as there are evil citizens, there are evil cops. I have family members involved with local Law enforcement and regional Fish & Game, not to mention 2 very good friends who are with Oakland PD, Ca . I almost became a highway patrol officer after working in the contruction field for years, but ended up going into business for myself at the last minute which was the best decision I ever made in my life.

The protocol when dealing with Police officers is really very simple, treat them with respect just like you would anyone else. Most people just want to be respected, and police officers while not perfect, do deal with alot of negativity daily, so they don't have much patience for anymore. I talked my way out of so many situations when I was younger, but at the same time I watched friends of mine who would not take any advice talk themselves right into Jail. Anyway, Just my take on it. ~SheopleNation

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

Im not sure why me wanting to target specific people that are evil instead of doing a blanket of the general public makes me a bad cop. If you know the bad guys why not target them more instead of just random stops? I mean im not opposed to the method described above I just think it is a waste of resources. I guess im confused by your post...and not in a disrespectful way. I know sometimes I sound confusing typing so fast in some of my posts.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Violation of the Fourth Amendment? They'll just come up with some excuse called "probable cause" ... this makes me sick. So far Mississippi doesn't seem to be following the crowd. Hope we don't!

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

no, i agree with that.. i am against BLANKET tsa, cop, military sweeps in this country as well

like you said...most cops KNOW who the bad guys are in their town

at the top of the us pyramid many know who the bad guys are as well, but they do nothing...they let them rape our country and world

the checkpoints WILL slowly denigrate the human soul in this country...they are probably fooling some of these losers that its to create jobs, is about security, etc

all hogwash

they know the country is degrading into economic trouble so soon after 2008 because nothing was fixed

all of this stuff was ramped up post 9/11 with patriot act, etc but its done so slowly many americans don't get it yet! its been a frog in the pot

so they have chosen to big brother the country vs offering real solutions. its disgusting

i see alex jones has posted a video of a guy questioned about his silver by the tsa today.

that says it all to me about the mentality of the people who want these checkpoints

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The Fourth Amendment applies to the Feds, State, City and the Dog Catcher. It is the duty of all law enforcement to arrest anyone enforcing a "check point" without probable cause. The police will of course never police the police.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The Constitution has been thrown out the window a while ago - mainly at the cause of the Patriot Act.

This is honestly to be expected, and it's only going to get worse.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
reply to post by TheOven

No I would say that federal involvement sets up a whole new precedent which could open a can of worms where
federal agency start policing many aspects of peoples lives.
Maybe if things do continue on their course you just might see a national guard checkpoint in the future.
The patriot act has changed many aspects of living in america.

the fourth amendment does not seem to have much ground to stand on anymore

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

edit on 20-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

"Could...maybe...might see...does not seem"? Excuse me Heron (is that a heron?) but you can be a bit more equivocal, I think, maybe...This is not the time for maybes and coulds and mights. For gosh sakes! This is WAY OVER THE TOP! In my opinion the Final Phase has just begun and from here on out it is going to get very bad very quickly.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The reason for all the security is more than you think, as more and more citizens grows dissatisfied with the status quo, this is how states and governments are preparing to control the growing unrest, they are just getting one step ahead of the citizens.

The security now is been done under the umbrella of for the good of the people and the nation, but very soon is going to turn against the people and to protect private interest.

Wake up people the government is preparing for what is going to happen in this nation very soon, we are entering a stage in our nation never seen before either we fight back or submit to this take over or our rights.

Still we have people asking what rights we have lost.

I say all of them under the tag of security, we the citizens have no rights.

edit on 20-10-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Thank you Marg, well said! You can see very clearly. There will still be those EVEN TODAY who still sit there and say, "Well, you know, it's OK to stop cars for no reason", or "We do this in Brazil", or "We do have to be secure from terrorists". Duh. They'll be meekly walking into the "showers" too.

I'm looking for some country that doesn't have this kind of crap going on. Preferably one that uses English since I am pretty old to be learning a new language. But it has to be a country that isn't too far away either. Or maybe just go to a place in the USA that isn't going to be frisked down all the time, like Puerto Rico?

Well excuse my rambling. But this whole TSA/Tennessee thing has just made it too hot for this frog. I started a news thread on this cause I couldn't find any thread on it. So pardon on that redundancy. But I looked and if I couldn't find it fairly easily, then maybe it was a good idea to start that thread over on News.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is the big advantage to living in farm country, not very many cops.

The city cops are all morbidly obese, no kidding, those boys are huge. And the county boys never come to my side of the county since we are only about 5% of the population. State Patrol is rare around here too.

Great for me because I'm a car guy, and a car you can't drive to it's limit's may as well be a Hyundia.

Nothing better than going out on a quiet evening in the Bimmer and crank up the tunes and put the hammer down. Long flat stretches interupted by the occasional s curve, it's a blast. I'm 44 and it still gives me a rush.

But it is still troubling as it shows the path we are headed down.

The frog in the pot of water analogy brought up before is accurate, our rights are eroding rapidly.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
thanks to the patriot act we can slowly begin to see our freedoms dwindle down to nothing

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Tennessee is one of the most, if not THE MOST corrupt state for a variety of reasons. But the use of their Interstate highways for legally stealing is well documented and no secret!

Watch this NEWS video and see for yourself just how bad it is there! And that's just the tip of the iceberg as far as the corruption there, goes.....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
IMO; the U.S. government is moving forward with the NWO agenda to use military, state and local police agencies to suppress the American public. For the past several years there have been training exercises in the streets of America. I live in Denver and a few weeks ago we had a hugh combined agency training exercise. Some streets were blocked off and citizens were advised not to go downtown during the exercise. There were several black helicopters seen above downtown. Denver is also proported to be the Western U.S. NWO center of operations. I watched a youtube video of film of the underground storage spaces below DIA. Reportedly Queen Elizabeth of England has purchased a home near the airport. What the hell does she know that we don't?

I have personally been in Los angeles during both the Watts riots of 1965 and the Rodney King riots of 1992. That second riot kicked off at the intersection of Florence and Normandie Avenues. I was born and raised on Normandie Avenue and vividly recall that we had armed National Guardsmen patrolling the streets. There was a command post set up in a church parking lot at 14th Street and Normandie Avenue just 1/2 block from my house, and there were armed Guardsmen with bayonets fitted to their carbines at the local neighborhood market around the corner. There was a 6 PM curfew, and all rights associated with American freedoms were suspended. The police and National guard were empowered to stop, search and even go into people's homes with probable cause suspicion to search and arrest citizens. Now with the Department of Homeland Security and the Patriot Act in place, our precious freedoms are in even greater danger of being taken away.

The government is introducing these measures to desensitize the American Public about seeing such activity and using propaganda to brainwash people's minds to what they're actually going. The FEMA camps are already set up, the prisoner boxcars are waiting to go into action. The next step will be whatever form of triggering event that will precipitate the Government sending out the police and troops to start seizing American Citizens. Don't be deluded; martial law changes everything. Your life will drastically be transformed over night with severe repercussions for resisting the Federal, State and local governments. Ever notice how many police forces are now wearing SWAT type black jumpsuits and combat boots? I remember returning to LAX from Europe a few years ago and at the bottom of the escalator there was a line of both make & female law enforcement agents in black jumpsuits, combat boots, strapped with 9mm pistols and a drug sniffing dog on a leash. The visual impact of that was pretty damned scary. I remember crossing the California / Arizona border there at Needles, California and on both sides of the highway there were California Highway Patrol cars lined up. Literally 4 on each side of the highway. Again, the visual impact of such heavy duty policing was scary. Interestingly, on the Arizona side, there were no patrol cars at all.

I've never been a constiracy theorist, but I now consider myself simply being aware of what's going on around me. Here in Denver there have been several Rodney King type beatings that were recorded of over zealous police beating the s*%it out of citizens that gave then no provocation at all. Denver has had to pay out some very large settlements for that police brutality. This is our government cranking up their agenda for change NWO style.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
@fishing4truth:
You've hit the nail squarely on the head with,
"The next step will be whatever form of triggering event that will precipitate the Government sending out the police and troops to start seizing American Citizens. Don't be deluded; martial law changes everything. Your life will drastically be transformed over night with severe repercussions for resisting the Federal, State and local governments."

I too, remember the 60's riots quite well, although I was very fortunate to have lived far enough away from the nearest impacted town that it just seemed like a bad dream when watching news accounts or reading about those events.

TPTB will not let a "good crisis" go to waste!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by StratosFear
I live in Nashville TN and quite frequently i am on I40 and i havnet heard anything like that. But i also know the Metro police i got no respect for them after what they did to me. I have seen them in umarked cars setting up speed traps around my area alot more but there are alot of DUI and idiot drivers that dont have a license because they cant speak english. Nashville has kind of become refugee city from where im at and the sudden influx of them has had an impact on crime.

Well great! I was leaving Texas because of this crap..well looks like I need to rethink my plans.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

Ive honestly seen some weird stuff these days....even in my own department...although ive never been directly ordered to write more tickets or anything of the sort...there is an indirect feeling of "we need more money". People are making cuts everywhere including law enforcement and it is a bit of a sad state when I get the vibe things are turning into a business.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join