It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army veteran hating on Ron Paul on Facebook *Help*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I seen a friend on facebook post something about Ron Paul, and I commented saying something along the lines of "He is the only thing that can save this country." Then someone said something about obama legalizing "exotic plants"

Then another guy posted after me and it was a good comment, "Obama can't lie his way into re-election, he will try more false flag attempts before he's done. Vote Paul for no war, no bailouts, for civil liberties, for a balanced budget, to end the fed, to end the war on drugs, and to bring home our weary troops! Read between the lines, think for yourself and always question authority"

Next comes the Army vet, which surprised me because of all the backing of the military, but I was like ok well not everyone can like Ron Paul. Here is his comment, "war is what made this country what it is i am a proud infantry veteran BLEEP ron paul he is a liberalist this is the BLEEP united states of america the land of the free and the home of the brave before u start talk'n about war why don't u take a walk in those BLEEP boots "PROUD ARMY VETERAN"

Now then....I am absolutely horrible at debating...I can think it but when it comes out, its just a mess...So I was wanting one of you great Ron Paul supporters and debaters to make a quick comeback post to this guy if you feel up to it..Thank you

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
He is still fixated on the war overseas, that he does not see that war being waged inside of his own country..
Dunno what really to say to him. Ask him pointed questions that make him come to the conclusion himself, and if he states wrong information, correct him with factual information. Ron paul is the last chance for the US, one more bad president and i think its going downhill.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
:"war is what made this country what it is i am a proud infantry veteran BLEEP ron paul he is a liberalist this is the BLEEP united states of america the land of the free and the home of the brave before u start talk'n about war why don't u take a walk in those BLEEP boots "PROUD ARMY VETERAN"

reply:

"the same people responsible for those wars are the ones ron paul is trying take american back from , The first casuality of war is truth , our history of wars shows that with all the disinformation , misinformation spread injecting into society then asked to please raise your hand and salute this defaced flag . Our country has turned weapons sales to forgien governments as one of our main exposts , we thank you for what you did in your time , but ermember there is nothing civilized about warefare , its outdated tryannancial bullying used fear and force , Great thing to be proud of "

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
how about let him have his opinion. hes seen and done things that make his perspective of your country much different than yours. no one is right, no one is wrong.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Why not just use your own views to combat his?

If you don't know enough about what he is saying to offer a good reply, then learning more about the subject would be the best bet, not coming here asking for someone elses views to throw at him.

Either way, is he not allowed to have his own personal views in regards to someone just the same as you?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Anybody can lie about being in the military, who knows, maybe he was.

Here is what you can say to this gentleman.

The DoD, Pentagon, CIA, and 9/11 Commission report all back up Ron Paul that it was our foreign policies of interventionism that caused the declaration of war by Osama Laden. I'm operating on facts that we need to get out of the wars and STOP the blowback. You're operating on conjured emotions but thank you for your service to this nation.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Meh, I'd just tell him that many good people died so his illiterate backside could come back and act like a moron on facebook.

Sounds like a loser to me anyway.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
some good anti-war quotes :p

“Governments constantly choose between telling lies and fighting wars, with the end result always being the same. One will always lead to the other.” -Thomas Jefferson

Peace and friendship with all mankind is our wisest policy, and I wish we may be permitted to pursue it.” -Thomas Jefferson

“There never was a good war or a bad peace.” -

All wars are follies, very expensive and very mischievous ones.” -Benjamin Franklin

“History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap.” -Ronald Reagan

“Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” -Ronald Reagan

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Like I said before I am not good at saying what I am thinking...I want to get a message across to him that Ron Paul is good without sounding like a idiot...Of course he is able to have his own opinion...just trying to educate a little bit ya know? A lot of people that I talk to (because I live in a country town) are not educated and talk out of their you know what...They don't know what Ron Paul stands for and I am just trying to take some information from you Ron Paul-a-holics and send it his way, thats all..

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Keep in mind your audience. You won't change his mind so gear your comments towards everyone else who will be reading.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel5383
I seen a friend on facebook post something about Ron Paul, and I commented saying something along the lines of "He is the only thing that can save this country." Then someone said something about obama legalizing "exotic plants"

Then another guy posted after me and it was a good comment, "Obama can't lie his way into re-election, he will try more false flag attempts before he's done. Vote Paul for no war, no bailouts, for civil liberties, for a balanced budget, to end the fed, to end the war on drugs, and to bring home our weary troops! Read between the lines, think for yourself and always question authority"

Next comes the Army vet, which surprised me because of all the backing of the military, but I was like ok well not everyone can like Ron Paul. Here is his comment, "war is what made this country what it is i am a proud infantry veteran BLEEP ron paul he is a liberalist this is the BLEEP united states of america the land of the free and the home of the brave before u start talk'n about war why don't u take a walk in those BLEEP boots "PROUD ARMY VETERAN"

Now then....I am absolutely horrible at debating...I can think it but when it comes out, its just a mess...So I was wanting one of you great Ron Paul supporters and debaters to make a quick comeback post to this guy if you feel up to it..Thank you

I would say something along the lines of:

"War is not what makes a country great, especially when that war is unjust and bankrupting the country. War should always be the last resort, and military power should be exercised only when defending the nation from outside forces. The U.S. military should not be used to enforce flawed foreign policies or the theft of foreign resources. Ron Paul supports army veterans and active duty military, and he doesn't want to see them die for unjust causes. I'm sure that if the need for just war were to arise, he would do what is necessary. Until then he would much rather bring our soldiers back home so they can defend this country from within our borders instead of getting blown up in Iraq, Afghanistan or Libya while tax payers foot the enormous bill. If you enjoy warmongering and spending millions of borrowed dollars a day on wars across the globe, then I guess Ron Paul is not your candidate."

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Geez!
I sure hope you don't speak for all Ron Paul supporters because if you do, this tells me you/they can't carry their own weight.
Don't be alarmed with what you read out there, especially if you can't defend yourself when you happen to run across a post that disturbs you.

If it bothers you so much and you can't handle it on your own, it truly gives Ron Paul a bad name.

My suggestion to you is grow up and learn how to defend yourself on your own.
You won't always have the luxury of the Internet at your disposal to call out for help and summon a lifeline.

Yet another example why Ron Paul keeps turning me OFF!

With much regret I say to you, thanks a lot!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yea thats real smart...to judge all of ron paul's supporters on my lack of communication....talk crap about me because i dont really care but dont compare me to all of his supporters...i never came on here and claimed to be a mister know it all about him...i am not really into politics and when i debate something, i want to know every single detail and know that it is fact so i dont look stupid...i have watched many videos and did research about ron paul, and i love his views on everything...does that mean i am incapable of defending myself? no.....i was caught by surprise by the army guy talking crap about him, so i figured i would come here....why come troll on my thread? I asked for some help not to have a bunch of idiots come in here and try to counter everything i said...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Like I said before I am not good at saying what I am thinking...I want to get a message across to him that Ron Paul is good without sounding like a idiot...Of course he is able to have his own opinion...just trying to educate a little bit ya know? A lot of people that I talk to (because I live in a country town) are not educated and talk out of their you know what...They don't know what Ron Paul stands for and I am just trying to take some information from you Ron Paul-a-holics and send it his way, thats all..

How about something like this; Ron Paul does not say all wars are wrong. I am very sure he much appreciates some of the courageous and necessary wars we have fought.

He is obviously a defender of our Constitution, and the Constitution would not have come to be without the Revolutionary War. So we know he would do what he had to protect that marvelous Constitution. He knows that our strength and power comes from out of the roots of The Revolutionary War. Since Ron Paul believes in what the true Founding Fathers of America believed, then it would stand to reason that he would want the military to protect our country from any who would try to usurp those Freedoms so courageously fought for.

Ron Paul stands for the original Freedom and Independence. It took a major war to establish a Free Country, and Ron Paul would not do anything to lose our Constitution. Defending his beloved America and the Constitution is his only purpose and reason to run for President. It is very clear he loves the military and would use them as protectors of America and Its Constitution.

He just does not want to use our military as invaders or police of other countries. That causes us to lose more of our Freedom and lose more of Constitutional Freedoms.

He would like to bring the troops home because he loves our fighting people and wants to do what is right for them and our country at this time. If there was a valid reason to protect this country from outside invasion, he would do so.

Ron Paul would not send his troops into unwarranted, dangerous, situations.

Ron Paul is not saying he does not respect the military, he is saying he is very proud of them and for that reason they should be brought home. Back in America they would be safe and well fed, well taken care of and strong in case we ever do need their protection.

Ron Paul is the only one who really believes in what the true purpose of our military is all about to Protect and Defend the Constitution and the Freedom of the people of The United States of America.

It is the hundreds of unethical politicians in Washington D.C. that get us into unethical wars.

Ron Paul has integrity and is an honest man, my guess is that he will fight the right wars if there are to be any.

That's how I see Ron Paul's intentions.... What do you think Daniel? Do you think I am on the right track with this? Can you use any of these ideas? Or? maybe not in line with what you were thinking?

Mystery

edit on 19-10-2011 by Sweetmystery because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sweetmystery

How about something like this; Ron Paul does not say all wars are wrong. I am very sure he much appreciates some of the courageous and necessary wars we have fought.

He is obviously a defender of our Constitution, and the Constitution would not have come to be without the Revolutionary War. So we know he would do what he had to protect that marvelous Constitution. He knows that our strength and power comes from out of the roots of The Revolutionary War. Since Ron Paul believes in what the true Founding Fathers of America believed, then it would stand to reason that he would want the military to protect our country from any who would try to usurp those Freedoms so courageously fought for.

Ron Paul stands for the original Freedom and Independence. It took a major war to establish a Free Country, and Ron Paul would not do anything to lose our Constitution. Defending his beloved America and the Constitution is his only purpose and reason to run for President. It is very clear he loves the military and would use them as protectors of America and Its Constitution.

He just does not want to use our military as invaders or police of other countries. That causes us to lose more of our Freedom and lose more of Constitutional Freedoms.

He would like to bring the troops home because he loves our fighting people and wants to do what is right for them and our country at this time. If there was a valid reason to protect this country from outside invasion, he would do so.

Ron Paul would not send his troops into unwarranted, dangerous, situations.

Ron Paul is not saying he does not respect the military, he is saying he is very proud of them and for that reason they should be brought home. Back in America they would be safe and well fed, well taken care of and strong in case we ever do need their protection.

Ron Paul is the only one who really believes in what the true purpose of our military is all about to Protect and Defend the Constitution and the Freedom of the people of The United States of America.

It is the hundreds of unethical politicians in Washington D.C. that get us into unethical wars.

Ron Paul has integrity and is an honest man, my guess is that he will fight the right wars if there are to be any.

That's how I see Ron Paul's intentions.... What do you think Daniel? Do you think I am on the right track with this? Can you use any of these ideas? Or? maybe not in line with what you were thinking?

Mystery

Thanks Mystery....got some good stuff in there...I think I can make a decent reply to the guy now. Again thanks to the people who helped me out!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by daniel5383

Ok.

I'm sorry if I was a little rough on you, I completely forgot modern day kids are pretty sensitive when it comes to coping with real life issues, we can agree political correctness is to blame.

The point I was actually trying to make is, don't rock the boat.
We never would have heard about the Army guy you mention if it wasn't for your post.
And now, because of your post, we all know about him.

Damn the internet, both a blessing and a curse.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Facepalmbook.

Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Playing The Call of Duty, or Black Ops on your computer or Xbox from your sofa doesn't really make you a veteran. Being a veteran doesn't always make you right either. Don't worry about it Ron Paul can take care of himself

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by daniel5383

You sure his a Veteran?

, "war is what made this country what it is i am a proud infantry veteran BLEEP ron paul he is a liberalist this is the BLEEP united states of america the land of the free and the home of the brave before u start talk'n about war why don't u take a walk in those BLEEP boots "PROUD ARMY VETERAN"

With these type of statements he made, doesnt sound like his a Veteran nor does his comment make him a Veteran.

he is a liberalist this is the BLEEP united states of america the land of the free and the home of the brave before u start talk'n about war why don't u take a walk in those BLEEP boots "PROUD ARMY VETERAN"

Yea i dobut his a veteran, again you sure his a Veteran? alot of people on facebook can prented on who they want to be, and this ron paul hating person is no expection.

You can tell him that Ron Paul is getting more money from the military for starters. He sounds like a John McCain Nutjob

Yeah i think his a teenager trying to be cool, just like that kid who warned obama about his assassination remember that kid?

edit on 20-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Alxandro

Yea thats real smart...to judge all of ron paul's supporters on my lack of communication....talk crap about me because i dont really care but dont compare me to all of his supporters...i never came on here and claimed to be a mister know it all about him...i am not really into politics and when i debate something, i want to know every single detail and know that it is fact so i dont look stupid...i have watched many videos and did research about ron paul, and i love his views on everything...does that mean i am incapable of defending myself? no.....i was caught by surprise by the army guy talking crap about him, so i figured i would come here....why come troll on my thread? I asked for some help not to have a bunch of idiots come in here and try to counter everything i said...

I think you are better at defending your stance than you give yourself credit for.

Honestly,just going off of what that guy said, he is hardly worth responding to. He can't communicate with out cussing every other word and seems like a pig headed moron who will always be stuck in his ways.

If you want to respond to him though. I honestly think you should go with what you know and use it. Based off of this post, you seem pretty good at defending your view point very well.

I know,not quite the answer you are looking for. Just wanted to point out, that you are doing a good job so far.

edit on 20-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join