It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New moon over Iran?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well with all of the Alex Jones bluster as well as Debka about big US military maneuvers in the gulf this week as well as talk about a narrowing window for an Israeli strike on Iran, does anyone know if there is a new moon over Iran?

Alex Jones says he has inside info that a strike on Iran would occur within 2 weeks. The only way i would see that happening is it followed previous strikes by both the US and Israel which almost always occur under the cover of darkness. So if Alex is right, then there should be a new moon either now or very soon over Iran.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

The next New Moon over Iran (and, of course, elsewhere) will be on the 26th... a week from today.
edit on 19-10-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Well with all of the Alex Jones bluster as well as Debka about big US military maneuvers in the gulf this week as well as talk about a narrowing window for an Israeli strike on Iran, does anyone know if there is a new moon over Iran?

Alex Jones says he has inside info that a strike on Iran would occur within 2 weeks. The only way i would see that happening is it followed previous strikes by both the US and Israel which almost always occur under the cover of darkness. So if Alex is right, then there should be a new moon either now or very soon over Iran.
What if the real God... Just says; NO TO MAGOG WAR... And we all just live in peace forever and ever... BUT JOINT... Poor AJ would have to GET A JOB as in the book of... on another planet earth... going threw the same Galactic CrapOla

Donate to yourself... And just chill

edit on 19-10-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: Damn CME
glitch again... What?... I can't keep blaming it on my FAT FINGER

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
There's a new moon over the whole planet roughly every 30 days.

The islamic calendar is even based on this monthly progression of moon phases.
Muslim Calendar

Thus, whatever phase of the moon you are seeing now, no matter where you are on the planet, is the same moon everyone else on the planet is seeing.

Right now, the current moon phase can be seen by following the following link:
Current Moon Phase

Since the moon now, on October 19 is about 1/2, and waning, the new moon will occur in about 2 weeks.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Muslim Calendar

Thus, whatever phase of the moon you are seeing now, no matter where you are on the planet, is the same moon everyone else on the planet is seeing.

Current Moon Phase

Since the moon now, on October 19 is about 1/2, and waning, the new moon will occur in about 2 weeks.

Great work... But Urr not taking into account that the MAN IN THE MOON shifted it 180 degeas... And may just move it again... To make it a crescent MOON

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

You're off by a week: Iran Moon Phase Calendar

How you managed to be off by a week, I have no idea. All you have to do is Google moon phases and it'll tell you the New Moon is on the 26th.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I used to listen to his show allot. He would come out with claims like this when their is a %50 %50 chance of something obviously happening. I remember a couple months back he said some one was going to try and assassinate Obama.

He did tell people about 9/11 before it happened, but he was not the first person to come out and say it. Bill Cooper was, Alex calls Bill Cooper a crazy and bad mouths him on his show because Bill exposed Alex.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ah okay my bad. I was thinking the moon may look different depending on your position on the planet. Kinda like up the extreme northern lattitudes the sun hardly ever rises more than just above the horizon while at the same time somewhere else there's many hours of sunlight. I thought maybe the moon had different phases as well but its much closer than the sun so it makes sense.

Okay enough astronomy. If the 26th is the new moon and the Carriers John Stennis and Bush are now positioned off Iran's coast, maybe Alex will be right.

But i doubt it!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

Muslim Calendar

Current Moon Phase

No, above poster is correct. New moon is October twenty sixth. I picked the 28th for the strike several days ago!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What does the new moon cycle have to do with a strike on Iran being launched during the night?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As posted earlier, most initial airstrikes occur when there is a new moon.

Originally posted by BLV12
What does the new moon cycle have to do with a strike on Iran being launched during the night?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

As posted earlier, most initial airstrikes occur when there is a new moon.

Originally posted by BLV12

You said most strikes occur under the cover of darkness.

We know this.
But as for you saying that they occur during a new moon, you need to provide some evidence to support this theory.
I'm not saying you are wrong, but I think we need to see some facts that support this theory.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not the best source but here is one example (you can google it too-its a documented military strategy): "August 10th is the first day when the astronomical new moon is expected to make its appearance. This doesn’t come often, and provides a significant military advantage for air strikes.
Geopolitical Security analyst, W. Joseph Stroupe,stated that whenever the U.S. launches air strikes against an enemy with significant and deadly air defenses, they do so under the dark cover of an astronomical new moon in order to provide its pilots with every advantage and protection. Iran is such an enemy.
Article here
[link to revoltoftheplebs.wordpress.com]

top topics

join