It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 95
<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I've been seeing and hearing where they are re-tuning the GE's from the 4,000 horsepower up to 4,400 horsepower. Can't forget about the renumbering of some motors due to the head honchos purchasing more second hand power from the leasing companies. 120 to 130 cars sounds about right for a car count down there but then again I didn't bother to count them. I have see car counts on trains heading to Portsmouth and Columbus that have came close to two hundred cars.

I'll be back down on this line tomorrow so who knows what will happen.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Here you go man.. As promised.. I couldn't take any pics today the weather was pretty crap..
I did take some yesterday... A side note to these few images, The mon train is from here where I live locally.. They went under from what I understand, either NS or CSX own them now(I am not sure who however.) but myself I have never seen this engine ever and I have lived in the Pgh area my whole life(40 now).

edit on 6/9/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Here are a few pics of our excursion on a mini train through a 1797 working farm with a train car collection in Southwestern Ontario, Canada.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

edit on 22/6/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 5 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Cat and Crazy Cat Man

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

Is that likkle donkey dead?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

No. It was rolling around on the ground when I took the picture.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Taken this past Saturday evening in Canton, Ohio along the former Pennsylvania Railroad PIttsburgh to Chicago mainline right at sunset.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Ahhhhhhh, the old MGA.........

Survived as a coal hauling road in both Northern West Virginia and Southwestern Pennsylvania until 1991 when Conrail bought them out. Coined as the Mon Line under Conrail after proposal and 1991 purchase. Lasted under the Conrail banner until 199 when Conrail was split up between CSX and Norfolk Southern. I can say that I have seen this unit in person myself along the former New York Central's "West Virginia Branch" now known as Norfolk Southern's West Virginia Secondary.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

HAHA Did you notice it was the same exact train we took a pic of?

There are alot of odd trains that roll through where I work.. I figured you wasn't interested so I didn't take any pics.. Like the heritage NS, the B line. and a few others.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
The current power shortage has really been something to see around here. All of this due to ElectroMotive's failure to get orders completed and General Electric's downright ineptitude of moving locomotive production to Texas. It's getting to the point here along the CSX line that goes by my house. They can't even round up enough power to run their own coal trains both to and from the mines. I mean it's not that they can't find the power to put on them. It's just that they don't have the amount of power just setting around as to where they can grab it and put it on something.

Just yesterday, we had an empty coal train go up to one of the mines just a few miles from my house. After taking their train to the Toms Fork load out on the Cabin Creek Subdivision. A local mine shifter, I believe they were calling H872 on the radio, is seen pulling the rest of its string of cars under the load out at a snails pace. No CSX power on this one today as the power is provided by Burlington Northern Santa Fe SD70MACs 9536 and 8923.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've taken a looooooong hiatus from ATS/BTS (does BTS even exist anymore?!), and I don't have any clue what all those numbers and signals by my name mean - LOL - But it's pretty awesome to come back here, and still see new/old members alike sharing their photography! Great work you guys...Keep it up!

Without the support and constructive feedback from ATS members on this thread, I don't think I ever would have had the courage to take my hobby to the next level and start my own photography business...So, never doubt your ability or creativity...Look to your peers for advice and share your knowledge openly...Never get caught up in "camera envy" or think that you don't have the gear it takes to make it. Everything you need to be an amazing photographer already came pre-installed...Just use the tools you have to make that talent sing

I've had the great luck to gain a season-long press pass for FSU Football this year! *Pauses to wait for the Jameis chatter to settle down* - LOL - I still need to edit the pics from the current season, but here's a few from the Syracuse (homecoming) game last year...

And hopefully I'll be back posting a little more regularly...In the meantime though, if you have any questions, or need some advice, don't hesitate to reach out to me here or via PM! I'm happy to help out any way I can!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
On a side note...Kind of sad to see that imageshack and photobucket didn't survive the test of time! So many awesome photos that we've lost in the earlier pages of this thread....Looks like they sort of start to pick up a little around page 35. Yet another nod to the fact that digital photos don't last forever - Prints are still just as valuable as ever!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A few recent ones. Click the pictures to enlarge.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Making its way east during the first Sunday of operations along the New River. The 2014 edition of the New River Train is seen making its way east along the New River Subdivision heading for its destination of Hinton, West Virginia as it passes between Quinnimont and Backus.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Rolling railroad west, due north, out of Portsmouth, Ohio after getting a crew change. This Norfolk Southern intermodal train is seen passing through the interlocking plant at "Spring Lane" on the west side of Portsmouth early Monday afternoon. This as it is seen beginning its journey along Norfolk Southern's Lake Division between Portsmouth and Chicago, Illinois.

new topics

top topics

<< 92  93  94    96  97  98 >>

join