It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Ahhhh... thanks for the help man.... lemme know if this is working now....

This is the one from whaleback nature preserve... when the clouds parted for a bit.

An interesting arrangment of rocks I found along the shorline of Grand Traverse Bay in Northern MI

Here is one from High Cliff S.P. in North Eastern Wisconsin along Lake Winnebego.... It goes for miles.

A lighthouse along Lake Michigans north shore in Manistique MI... Thats in the U.P. for those that don't know.

Another shot looking south at Lake Michigan...

I am looking forward to getting some good winter pictures... The winters are beautiful here in the north woods.... lemme know if you can see these now... t hanks for the help Enron

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I figured I would throw this one in as well... I took this photo the same day as the twin trees one... notice the gloomy cloud cover... This is the Beach at Whaleback Nature Preserve... There is about a 200 ft nearly verticle descent to get to this beach... but it is worth it to see it in person... absolutely beautiful.....

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Excellent photos! That shot looking up at the trees is gorgeous...I can't believe that was on the same overcast day as the other picture!

Originally posted by jazzgul
This is one of my favourite threads. Thanks Enron

Mwa ha ha....Now I have you all under my spell!

Seriosuly though...Thank you! - It's my favorite thread as well, b/c I get the chance to see everyone elses incredible work....

That's an interesting photo you posted...What exactly is going on with all the cracks? Where was it taken?

[edit on 12/7/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
These are older photos I took with an ancient Digital Camera... The pics aren't very good quality... But I am in school at Great Lakes MAritime Academy at the moment and I took these pics while we were on a crouse around the Great Lakes... This is the S.S. Badger... an ancient Steamer... Coal Fired Boilers... and 2 old Kalemburgh Triple Expansion Steam Engines.... Stunning Engine room... I'm studying to be a marine Engineer so I'm partial to the engines on these old boats.

Here is a pic of the lighthouse at the entrance to Chicago's harbor.

I just thought this one had some character... See the ol' lakeboat in the background there?

If you wanna see some more neat pics of boats and such... click the boatnerd link in my signature... hope you enjoy...

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
What exactly is going on with all the cracks? Where was it taken?

This is dry mud from a small land slide. It was taken in Kyrgyzstan, last summer. All those pictures I've posted are coming from there. This is an incredible country!

Lost sailor - beautifull pictures
I wish I could see all those places :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Thanks jazzgirl.... I am getting some wonderful ideas now from seeing some of yours and Enrons pictures. Can I ask where Kyrgyzstan is? I'm looking forward to our first good snowfall... I have some great ideas for snowy pics.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Here are some more pics from my older Camera... This is the Makinac Bridge that connects mainland Michigan to the Upper Peninsula. Its a scary bridge to drive over because it's usually really windy and the inner lanes are see through grating... But the veiw is spectacular!!!!!

Here is the Grand Hotel on Makinac Island (pronounced Mack-in-aw ) Can you figure out what movie it was in? No you'll really have to figure out because i can't for the life of me seem to remember.

And lastly.... My training ship at Great Lakes Maritime Academy... The State of Michigan.

Ok I'm done now until I take some more pics.... You have struck a sweet spot with me Enron... I love pictures...............

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Can you figure out what movie it was in?

Oh! I can! I can!
....It was one of Christopher Reeves few films he did besides Superman..."Somewhere in Time".....I'm such a dork

You have struck a sweet spot with me Enron... I love pictures...............

Sweet...Keep 'em coming man - They're great!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Thanks jazzgirl.... I am getting some wonderful ideas now from seeing some of yours and Enrons pictures. Can I ask where Kyrgyzstan is? I'm looking forward to our first good snowfall... I have some great ideas for snowy pics.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by LostSailor]

Kyrgyzstan is in Central Asia - this is a former republic of Soviet Union, now Russia. They have very pro-Western society now and great mountain chains -Pamir and Tien Shan.

As for snow - this was made two weeks ago in Tatra mountains in Poland

(I'm a mountain freak
)

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Wow...That's beautiful....I miss the snow - You can imagine we don't get much here in sunny FL....But I've seen my fair share of it growing up all over the place in the military! Are you overseas for school or a job or is that your native land?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Wow...That's beautiful....I miss the snow - You can imagine we don't get much here in sunny FL....But I've seen my fair share of it growing up all over the place in the military! Are you overseas for school or a job or is that your native land?

I'm European
I was born in Poland, but most of my life spent in Holland. Year ago my husband got an offer for three year contract in Poland so we moved here. It is great experience for me, I can practise my polish (I learned it from my parents and it is one of the most difficult languages I know, their grammar rules are crazy). It is beautiful country and it has snow in the winter!!! (not always anymore, but in the mountains still happens)
another shot:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzgul

Damn, that's beautiful country. I like the crops of conifers (Pine! Oh how I miss you!) and how the trees are bent under the snow. You have to go plenty north here in Canada to get that kind of beauty.

DE

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

If you wanna see some more neat pics of boats and such...

Here you go. From Norway. Not taken with digital camera. Boats...

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
hellmutt -I wish I could have one of those boats and sail away.., I've read this story once about desire to put your life into a garbage box, take first boat and let the wind decide... Your pictures are dangerous to my mind right now

So better go back to reality - something to warm you when cold night will come :

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ahhhh yes..... there is just something about boats that I like... I've never been able to put my finger on exactly what it is either.

I got done writing a paper today and went outside to take a picture of the first thing that caught my eyes... Two bike tires sitting by themselves, out in the cold dark ally in back of my house. They just seemed to jump out at me because it seemed odd to find them there with no bike. I have no idea who they belong to or why they were there....................................

And here is a picture of my best friend "Spike." The one creature on this Earth who loves me unconditionally no matter what mistakes I might make...................

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Stellar work guys....Jazzgul - How high does the ISO setting on your camera go?! If I tried taking a shot like that in the dark, my camera wouldn't get enough light in the aperture and I'd end up with a shaky and muffled looking shot....just beautiful!

Nice idea with the tires LS....It's always the totally random stuff that makes you think...damn...that'd be a good pic!

Well....This isn't a photo - Rather it's a collage - It's my Christmas gift to my immediate family members....I'm having three copies printed and framed....It's got pictures of my aunt and uncle, neice, mother and father and brother-in-law....

What do you guys think, honestly?? Some of the quality may have been lost - It's a pretty huge TIFF file on my computer, but I thought I'd at least post a crappy smaller version of it for some feedback....

Just a note...the rough edges on the photos are on purpose, to give it a little character...maybe a little symbolism

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow... Looks great to me... If someone didn't like this for a gift they would have to be crazy!!!

Just curious what size are you going to make them? Are you going to frame them?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Thanks...I feel better knowing someone's looked at it and liked it before I go spend the money to get it done - lol

It's going to print out 11x16 - I'm thinking about having it printed on canvas...then of course, I'll have it matted and framed - I'm not quite sure about those two steps - I think I'll let the people at the shop help me decide what kind of mat and frame would go good with it....

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Enron
great job -i think you should choose very subtile frame (silver or gray , not more than 5mm) give it pass partou ( spelling
) as well like 2 cm from every side except down : 3.5

For fire things -try to use tripod -it helps when there is no so much light...
Give us your output more!!! (:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I was thinking you should do a double matting the inside one might look good in a light gray, just a bit lighter then the gray behind the word which. Then for the outer mat A light blue that goes well with the flower but a bit darker then the light gray in the first mat. I dunno just throwing out suggestions. Wherever you take it to get it framed they will help you out. A dark frame maybe? I was thinking a dark frame would contrast nicely with all the pastels in the picture.

Take a pic of the end result and let us see how it turned out!!!

BTW... when you get the pic framed the edges of the project might get covered up a bit by the matting... I hope you take this into consideration before you bring it in... The end of the guys guitar might get cut off etc.... if you see what I'm trying to say?

[edit on 10-12-2004 by LostSailor]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join