It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Horus_Re

I can't see how to insert a picture from my picture file,how does that go???

Ok, I try once again to explain the easiest way. Click "quote" on this post to see what I typed to get my picture into here...

View from my parents house in Norway:

[edit on 2006/4/24 by Hellmutt]

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wow hellmut, that water pic is just awesome! Par excellence mate, well done!

Thanks Enron, yeah plenty of awesome scenery here in oz, but then the states have some really awe inspiring scenery too. love to see more please!

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Clouds...

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
well the computer isnt working too well, but i found some snaps ive been playing around with. i dont really enjoy digital photography (the art is in the developing!) but editing digital photos on a computer sure is an interesting activity and can produce some cool effects........

i still believe 35mm is better though. so here we go....................

posted on Nov, 27 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
goats

[Edited on 27-11-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Gotta love the goats! Seems like they all know where they're going....

I've got a few pics I want to post a lill later - but first...

I think now would be a good time to praise those who I admire and try to take inspiration from in my own photography...

These guys/gals are incredible photographers...anyone interested in the art should consider spending some time looking at their work...

Ansel Adams

Annie Liebovitz

William Klein

Of course, that's just a few...

And who doesn't love just flipping through National Geographic every month for their extraordinary photography!
nationalgeographic.com...
Maria Stenzel, Jodi Cobb, Michael Nichols, Sam Abell...just to name a few....

Who are some of your favorites??

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Gotta love the goats! Seems like they all know where they're going....:lol

:lol

You have good masters!!!

one more picture:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wow - That's such a beautiful sky....Those trees look funky! Is the picture compressed?

Well - I'm gonna start posting something a little different now...seeing as how I've exhausted most of the images I think are worth posting (for now...), I figured I might as well start posting a few of my digital interpretations...many of which I personally like more than the originals themselves...That's the great beauty of using the digital format...hehe...

So I have a couple photoshopped images, and then a few other regular photos I have managed to scrounge off the hard drive....

One of my buddies...posing with quite a forboding look...

One of my buddies....posing with a stupid cowboy sex slut look
...If you look at this pic long enough, it looks like he is twisting his head on backwards...

The last butterfly of the summer....Yes, it even gets cold here in North Florida for about one or two months out of the year....Nice spread though...a little out of focus unfortunately...

This little dead shrub had a lot of character....It was all alone during the spring with all this beautiful foliage around it and here's this poor dead bastard...deserved a photo just for being unique...

Here's another photoshopped image - Same buddy who posed in the cowboy shot above...I'm thinking about doing some photoshopped framed pictures for Christmas this year...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
This little dead shrub had a lot of character....It was all alone during the spring with all this beautiful foliage around it and here's this poor dead bastard...deserved a photo just for being unique...

I love that one
deserves a story...

I didnt compress my picture, resized to fit here only

another one:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
WOW,
Lots of incredible photos popping up in this thread!
I haven't posted anything here for a while..I think it's time to add a few more of my own.

First, for the shroom lovers out there..
These are from a hike in West Virginia:

First ones, tiny little orange things, an inch tall, at most.

Then, these "shelf-like" fungi..They are very woody, and sometimes Artists will paint on the underside of them, which is very white, and has a texture, like an artist canvas.

Now, from the Ocean:
Taken at the Long Beach Aquarium, in California, JELLIES!

and This one, from Near Eureka California, The lonely Bird

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
And some flowers

First, from my front yard

And this, A mountain Laurel, West Virginia again.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
cool pics
my favourite is the lonely bird...
do you use macro lens?

[edit on 4-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Nice stuff- i likey it all- i am in college at the moment and part of my course is photography- i mite put some of mine up.
Its nice to see poeple interested in it though- but mine arnt done digitaly- i use an old fashioned manual camera ( though it does have the option of auto) but thats cheating!!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Beautiful work spacedoubt! Nice to see you back on the thread!
I have a couple picutres of some mushrooms similar to those you mentioned you could use as a canvas...I'll post them later....I can't wait until Spring comes around next year - I awlays forget to get pictures of them, but here in Tallahassee we have Chantrelles that grow wild - They're as beautiful as they are expensive and tasty!

jazzgul - Keep 'em coming! There's something about dead trees we must both love

misspickle - Looking forward to seeing some of yours!

[edit on 12/6/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I must say I am no where near some of you guys in the photography scene yet... But If you search through some of these photos on my web sight there may be a couple ones you like....

homepage.mac.com...

Click the links @ the top of thread to see the different categories... I use a Canon Powershot A95 Digital Camera... Just curious what kinda Cameras you guys are using for those incredible close up shots.... Beautiful work people.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Those are some nice shots LostSailor! Beautiful sunsets....some fo thse pictures remind me of the Chesapeake Bay....Beautiful boxer! And hey! No teabagging going on!
(Inside joke...er...maybe I shouldn't say that - lol)

All of my photos have been taken on a Nikon Coolpix 4300....Most are taken in the Manual Mode, where I can play around with a few options...My plan is to get a digital SLR and an old 35mm....Can't wait to use those! (BTW...Anyone have any experience with film scanners? Are they anything worth investing in?)

At any rate...here's some shots from yet another recent trip to the park...

I avoided the crowds and went the day after the park's little Christams Camelia Festival...One day later and they were still in full bloom....
...It was an overcast day, but the sun still had enough "umph" to give this flower some beautiful transperancy....

I can think of another flower with hairs on it like this...
....Nice foreground and background blurring going on....

Here's an interesting palm tree husk....I'm not sure what tyoe of palm these are, but I thought it was pretty incredible how it's all naturally weaved...

Here's a close up of the stamen of a Camelia....

And here are those mushrooms I was telling you looked familiar to yours, spacedoubt...If not the same species...They're all over the place in the park...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Beautiful Pictures.... I have to ask a stupid question... I'm not great with computers and pretty new to ATS... What method are you guys using to post these pics in this thread? I'm on a mac if it makes any difference....

Heres a pic I took in Northern Michigan at Whaleback Nature Preserve.... It was cloudy all afternoon but just before I left the clouds parted for a bit...

Let me know if you can even see the picture lol... I'm a bit slow.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Hmm...Can't see the picture....Usually you would at least see a blank image box though....When I quote you it looks like you put the tag in the right way

All you need now is somplace to host your photos...

I go to www.imageshack.us

From there you just browse your hard drive, select the image and then click the button...It will even give you the image in BBC code ( [ img] blah.com [/img ] ) You can host as many images as you like there...

[edit on 12/6/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wow! A lot of good pictures

This is one of my favourite threads. Thanks Enron

from "fragile earth" subject:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join