It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Images from the Peak District, pity about how hazy it was:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am only on page 4. However, I am enjoying everyone of these pictures. They are all just so good. Wow!!!! Well I spent the past 5 hours looking at each and every picture. I want to say I loved them all!!!

Thanks for posting.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
These two photos I took a couple months back, hence the snow.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I took some pictures of painted ladies hanging around mustard plants.

I was coerced into taking the pictures....(quick go get the camera...blah blah kind of thing lol) but now i think I like them

[edit on 27-4-2007 by XPhiles]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

[edit on 28-4-2007 by LoganCale]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

[edit on 29-4-2007 by ragster]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'd say long time no see...But I have been lurking in the shadows and watching the posts on this thread - The work keeps getting more and more impressive...

Great spring time shots ragster!

LoganCale - Wow...Simply put man....Wow...The image with the "end of the tunnel" is full of emotion with that powerful blue filter you've painted the scene with...Like some dead life has been left behind so close to the end of its journey.

I'm blown away by the shot from inside the cave...That is art gallery material - It's beautiful beyond any words I can put down here...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I haven't contributed here in a long time, but I went out and took some pictures this afternoon, and here are the one's I liked...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
EnronOutrunHomerun: Thanks. Yours are excellent as well.
The blue tinted one I recently posted is a newborn rat (as far as I can tell) that I found dead on the roof, with blood on it as if a bird had picked it up and dropped it. It's lying inside an antique ship vent laying on its side.

The cave is actually not a cave at all, but rather a view from inside the preserved head of a small crocodile (or alligator, I'm not sure). My 20mm wide angle focuses fairly closely, so I can use it with miniatures to give the effect of larger space.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I figured I'd show how I did the crocodile photo now I've mentioned what it is. It may ruin it for some people, but I had fun making it and don't mind showing. I generally don't do major modifications of my photographs like this—this is actually the first image I've posted here or on my blog that has had anything more than a bit of cloning to remove dust or a few unsightly bits of things.

First I photographed just the head sitting on a blue cloth—a somewhat wrinkly blue cloth, which led to a bit of cleanup work later, but it still ended up working—with a single softbox at the top left.

Then I used the Select Color Range tool to select all the blue and mask it out. It didn't do a perfect job, but it was good enough for what I needed at the moment.

At this point, I went outside and took a few photos of the sky and ground and, after a bit of testing, settled on these two images for the background. A bit of lighting adjustment on the ground made it fit in fairly well. I had figured at this point I'd be going with black & white or duotone, so I didn't even bother trying to match color, as you can see.

Then I made it B&W and darkened the sky a bit.

And then sepia.

Although, to be honest, I think I like it better in B&W now that I'm looking at them side by side. Additionally, since completing it, I've noticed one mistake I overlooked—the light source on the crocodile is from the left, whereas the sky is lighter to the right, throwing it a bit off balance. I'll probably end up either flipping the sky horizontally or replacing it with another image at some point.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Incredible work man...I saw the jaw structure but figured it was some natural phenomenon!

Great idea though, to take it from concept to creation must have been fulfilling....I like the B/W as well, but the sepia tone certainly adds a touch of character and perhaps a little more mysticism...

Here's a few more recent shots...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
These two I shot yesterday while walking out and about.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The Lake district, last weekend.

This is the top of Scafell Pike, the largest in England

The following were taken on the ascent and descent of Scafell Pike

This was taken somewhere on the edge of the lake Ditrict, somewhere around 54°41'14.83"N, 2°59'46.84"W I think

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   

(click above to enlarge)

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale

(click above to enlarge)

How do you selectively take the colour out of the picture like that?

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
apex: In Photoshop, I use an adjustment layer—which gives you image adjustment options but has a mask on each adjustment so you can selectively choose the area that it will affect—to desaturate the entire image and then use the mask to remove the effect from the area I want to stay in color. This page gives some information on using adjustment layers in the standard version of Photoshop. They're similar in Photoshop Elements as well.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Mod Edit: Post Removed

While I'm sure you are envied by a few of the male membership, those pictures are against the T&C.

1) No photos of persons wearing less than shirt-and-shorts.

Thanks,
chissler

[edit on 22-5-2007 by chissler]

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join