It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep
In my opinion there's no where in Canada more beautiful than Cape Breton, N.S., and I've been all across the country. Maybe I'm bias though becuase it's where I grew up and the ocean is in my blood. There are other amazing places, like Banff, Jasper, Vancouver Island, Southern Saskatchewan etc. I have a photo album with about 500 pics in it from that trip lolol! It's too bad they are all prints now and I don't have any in digital format, ah well.

I've just done some hiking through Nova Scotia on some beautiful trails. When I get the pictures I'll be sure to upload some for your sights to see.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I've been using imageshak and have never lost an image.
But in order to not get your image bumped, you need to create an account.
Semper

Thanks I'll do that now.

posted on Sep, 27 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by librasleep

Sometimes you find junk washed ashore from fishing boats.
I like to imagin that it gets blown over in storms......but anyway,
sometimes it looks interesting.

Huh! Looks almost like a small anti-personnel mine of the "toe-popper" variety, except for the "Players" logo, which gives it away as some kind of British tobacco product. England, Tobacco, and North America...a historic combination, now washing up on our shores...

I agree with the others that Imageshack is the way to go...faster upload times than Photobucket, and I have yet to lose any images with an account.

I can only agree with the others that your pics of Canada have been outstanding; having traversed the Western half I can readilly agree that it is truly the home of some gorgeous scenery...nice people too, from what I recall.

These are the last of the Romania series from last Winter:

Timisoara Castle Chapel:

Timisuoara Castle Window:

Timisoara Castle Knight:

Billboard:

Modern Romania is a very eclectic mix of it's history; beautiful scenes interspersed with the detritus of totalitarianism; beautiful people, but with reminders of an often dark and violent past. It is definitely worth a visit, but I would recommend Springtime rather than Winter, as the cold has to be experienced to be believed.

I say this as a son of California; you Canadians can go ahead and scoff...

[edit on 46o09e305009e 50 by apocalypticon]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
apocalypticon, great pics. I really like the billboard shot. Looks like fine art.

Looking at the the pics of the churches made me think about a time I was taking pictures inside a cathedral. The whole thing started off bad. First I got told by an angry priest to remove my hat. (There was a sign that I didn't see.) Then as I'm snapping a couple of shots of the art on the interior this guy who I thought was a
crazy homeless guy (that's what he looked like, sorry) gets up suddenly and starts angerly muttering an shambling toward me. He was far down the ilse so I gathered up my girlfriend and got out of there. On the way out, I passed another sign I missed, NO PHOTOGRAPHY. So I guess I peeved a couple of people off, but I was doing nothing other than admiring the beauty of the artwork and stained glass.

Players is diffenatly a Canadian brand of cigarette. Back when I used to smoke, you either smoked these or du Maurier. Never liked Players. I think there might be a shot gun shell there in the pic too.

[edit on 9/28/2006 by librasleep]

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Some images from our Hike:

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I like the waterfalls the best. I noticed you are in Canada. Where in Nova Scotia were those taken, if thats where they were? By the way, I once read a John Lennon quote, 'Time wasted on purpose is not time wasted.' It is so close to yours I wanted to share it with you.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Insects, insects, insects.

Okay, this one isn't an insect...

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Why I love the Mountains...

Home sweet home..

Semper

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I found several closeup filters in a bag of my grandfather's old camera equipment - they don't fit my lens, but they still work when held in front of it - so I tried them out and while they aren't as good as a real macro lens, they are quite cool.

Tonight I'm buying a real macro lens, however - the Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM macro. (I particularly like this photo shot with it.) I'm also buying the Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens, which is ridiculously cheap ($80!) and gets some rather nice photos. (And has a huge aperture...) AND I'm getting an adapter ring to use old FD lenses on my camera, since I have a number of them and may as well put them to use.

Today is an exciting day.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackGuardXIII
I like the waterfalls the best. I noticed you are in Canada. Where in Nova Scotia were those taken, if thats where they were? By the way, I once read a John Lennon quote, 'Time wasted on purpose is not time wasted.' It is so close to yours I wanted to share it with you.

[edit on 9/30/2006 by BlackGuardXIII]

It is in Wentworth, Nova Scotia.

Was a beautiful trail, only a few miles in length but had alot of content.

Much Thanks on the Lennon comment. Only a few of his amazing thoughts. A man who came before his time in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
Tonight I'm buying a real macro lens, however - the Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM macro. (I particularly like this photo shot with it.) I'm also buying the Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens, which is ridiculously cheap ($80!) and gets some rather nice photos. (And has a huge aperture...) AND I'm getting an adapter ring to use old FD lenses on my camera, since I have a number of them and may as well put them to use.

Today is an exciting day.

You'll love both of those man....I borrowed my friends 100mm f/2.8 for some engagement photos - Killer portrait lens, and even better for macro

Of course, I can't say enough about the 50mm f/1.8 - For the cost and it's value under low-light conditions, there's no reason why every Canon owner shouldn't have that one in their bag...

I think the Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM is also going to be amazing when that comes out, but the cost will no doubt be astronmical....

What body are you shooting with LC? Love the fly

I'm excited today because I'm getting my 135 mm f/2L USM today.....Okay - Well....I'm not "getting" it - HaHa....One day maybe...

But I'm renting it for two weeks - Check out www.rentglass.com... - They don't have a huge supply, but you can sign up for email notices when the lens you want is in - I've already been using the 17-40mm f/4L USM for a week now - No defects or scratches (not even on the outside of the body)....Awesome deals and a great way to try out lenses before buying [/End commercial]

I'll post some pics this afternoon - Great work as usual you guys....

[edit on 10/9/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I have a 10D body... about three years old if I recall. I hope to upgrade to the 1Ds MkII - or whatever the equivilent is by then - at some point, but that'll be quite a long ways off considering it's $8,000...

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Sweet....

Have you had any experience with a full frame sensor like the Mark series or 5D has?? I keep wondering....How much is my camera chopping off?! To know that I'm loosing so much frame per shot is almost enough to make me switch to film....If developing costs weren't a factor!

I hope on upgrading soon too....There's a couple sites out there with used Mark series cameras at discounted rates....Like, um....$5K instead of $8K - LOL

To me - Once something passes the $1k threshold, they're all equally unattainable....:-P

At any rate - Here's some recent stuff...I haven't had much time to update my site with most of these yet.

I'm getting ready to head back to the Blue Ridge Mountains this weekend....I had such a great time in August - The leaves will be turning now - I won't be able to stop taking photos while I'm there...Can't wait!

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoganCale
I have a 10D body... about three years old if I recall. I hope to upgrade to the 1Ds MkII - or whatever the equivilent is by then - at some point, but that'll be quite a long ways off considering it's $8,000...

That's just for the camera body?! Man, you guys are into some serious...stuff...with this photography thing
Come to think of it, I think spacedoubt told me about a camera (Hasselblad, I think) that was almost $50,000...where's he been, anyway? Last I saw he posted some relly sweet pictures of a rangefire...

Enron, those shots of yours are really, really clean and sweet! I left a comment on your board...very nice. I've got a decent flatscreen, but I'm thinking about upgrading so i can get the best out of what folks are posting.

Here is another shot from Gettysburg. I'm trying to get time to go through and organize...it is nice to not have to be concerned with film and development costs...besides, I wouldn't know how to use the stuff you guys are talking about anyway, but it sounds exciting

Fields of Battle:

Everyone Has An Aunt Sally:

[edit on 48o10e311610e 16 by apocalypticon]

posted on Oct, 10 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thanks apoc! :-D

Originally posted by apocalypticon
Everyone Has An Aunt Sally:

Who doesn't?!

She looks like an exper at spoiling her neices and nephews

One thing I really just now picked up on there in your battlefield image....And I see it now in your other shots....Your ability to capture tonal range is simply fantastic...Just how many shades of green/yellow are in that shot?!

You were never "bad" to begin with apocalypticon....But it's been truly amazing watching you progress! Keep it coming man....

I'll try to be a little better about popping in and posting...Things have been going well with my attempts at making this a business - Lots of odd jobs like parties, magazine consignments, christenings, weddings, engagements, on and on and on....Not the stuff I really want to do for myself....But it makes decent side money!

So life's hectic right now, but I really want to be here more too....And I need to devote more time to a showcase we've been silently working on behind closed doors to really make the best of the best here sing! I hope to have more news on that soon, but there's no telling right now the way I've been functioning these past few months!

I feel like I've let ATS/BTS/PTS become a ghost limb of sorts.....It's still there, but I can't really see or feel it....Does that make any sense? I miss my addict days

[edit on 10/10/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Gone to be a Doctor...

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Look into my eyes...you are getting sleepy...now, repeat after me: The Dog is not on the couch...The Dog is not on the couch...The Dog is not on the couch...when you awaken you will remember none of this...but you will have a new attitude about letting The Dog on the couch...

Eyes obviously "shopped"...

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I love this pic. I took it obviously when i was in London.

And this one just saw and tried to show how much women did as well during WW2.

And i took this at a fountain and i thought it was beautiful so i tried to catch a small glimpse of it in this photo.

Hope you like.

Oni x x

[edit on 14-10-2006 by Oni x x]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Oni those are very good.

posted on Oct, 15 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Hey Oni,

Nice pics! I didn't realize Big Ben was so...big... . Do you live in London or were you visiting?

Post some more if you have some.

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join