It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I really enjoy your style...Especially that first image with the jar - without sounding too "melodramatic," it's like you've captured everything and nothing all at once...

BTW....you've mentioned you're having upload space issues..I'd suggest using www.imageshack.us. You can upload images for free, and it will even give you the BBC tag for putting it into your post.

[Edited on 10/11/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Wow, thanks for the tip- I willhave to check that out. Most of my images are from straight film (im pretty much anti-digital camera, but it can be good for some things). for example, the only time i really ever use my digital camera is to take photos of my actual photos...no scanner, leaves me in a tough spot eh? ha!

and that photo with the jar is actually one of about 10 photos i have of the whole pice, all the objects were black and white...ther was a chair, the glass, paints, some canvas, andi believe a pair of shoes or glasses

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

better quality..

used for a painting

my bass, hooray

enron- thanks for the image shack tip!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Here's an example of their pattern variations...

OMG! I'm gonna have nightmare tonight now. I think I've never seen a spider so ugly. It looks like it #ing came from space! You're brave for approching it enough to capture it.

LOL @ Jonna and it's were-wolf comment hehehehe... the cat does have a funny look. That's a damn lot of fur he have on. Ever tought about shaving it and making a coat out of it? (j/k)

Oh and I don't remember who posted that last cloud/sun set picture, but it was simply AWESOME! Looks like the sky is on fire. I really liked it.

[Edited on 14-10-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well - I got pretty close to the spider above that one m0rbid...but that one was just one I posted to show their variations in color that was taken by someone else...

Here's some new ones...I don't think I've posted any of these yet...

This one was an accident..not too bad for an unintentional shot...

More pink fluffy stuff....I don't know what this stuff is called, but it sure is beautiful...

A million other people probablly have this picture, but I thought it was cool with all the symmetry...

Here's a bee...and a close-up...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ernron,
Thats one colorful Bee, or is it a fly of some sort?

And now for something completely "different"
These were taken about 20 years ago, using polaroid film, and a high frequency voltage coil...The film was placed on a glass plate, the glass plate, on a metal plate, and the metal plate was connected to a high frequency/high voltage oscillator. the end result is something called
"Kirlian Electrophotography"..There is a theory that it is a way to measure
the condition of living things, by photographing the "aura"..To me, it was a science experiment. These are pictures (auras) of my fingertips..

And this is a DIME...Supposedly, inanimate objects, have a very standard, and non-fluctuating aura...I'll let you be the judge...

[Edited on 18-10-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
That's some crazy # spacedoubt...I've never heard of Kirlian Electrophotography - I can see how a couple hippies could make it out to be their projected aura tho

That's awesome that you basically built the camera from scratch...I'm guessing you have quite a bit of dark room experience? I'd love to learn that kind of stuff....

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
In art, we actually made our own pinhole cameras once, out of a shoebox and scissors and tape...amazing really... That's pretty damned neat though...

Enron, you have a great sense of composition, and a true artist's eye...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

Running finger prints through NCIC. Got you now.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
In art, we actually made our own pinhole cameras once, out of a shoebox and scissors and tape...amazing really... That's pretty damned neat though...

Enron, you have a great sense of composition, and a true artist's eye...

Thank you...

That's pretty nifty...I seem to recall having done something similar to that way back in the day...either that, or I'm substituing my niece's and nephew's experieinces for my own

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Running finger prints through NCIC. Got you now.

LOL,,oh no!

However, I thought of that...Photoshop cloning tool, I am somebody else!...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here are some pictures from me. The originals are much sharper than these scanned ones are...

This is my hand. I'm fighting with a live mink who was trying to steal my fish. He was strong, I tell ya. Yes it was crazy, I know and I won't do it again. I was young and stupid back in those days
. My dad took this picture from a distance with a 500mm lens.

A picture from Norway (My dad took it).

Christmas...

Do you see the cat in the picture below?

[edit on 2006/4/24 by Hellmutt]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Just wanted to let all of you know how much I have enjoyed looking at your photos. You are all very talented and all of the pictures are great. It is so interesting how a picture can tell its own amazing story! Unfortunately, I am just a viewer and have nothing to add to the thread other than a big thanks. All of the pictures that I take are of an adorable 3 year old with pig tails! Thank you all for sharing you gifts!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhconn
Just wanted to let all of you know how much I have enjoyed looking at your photos. You are all very talented and all of the pictures are great. It is so interesting how a picture can tell its own amazing story! Unfortunately, I am just a viewer and have nothing to add to the thread other than a big thanks. All of the pictures that I take are of an adorable 3 year old with pig tails! Thank you all for sharing you gifts!

Glad to see you've enjoyed it
There is some incredible talent here at ATS - excellent work guys!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright...I've got a challenge...

Let's see the face behind the lens
Sure, we have some member photo threads (and that's not where I want to take this thread), but let's see some of our regular contributors faces

I'll go first...I'm not afraid of taking pics, but I certainly am camera shy....so I let myself do the shooting...

Here's me giving my best "ATS skeptical" look...If I ever write a science fiction novel, I think I'll use this photo...lol...hair is in a ponytail...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
Let's see the face behind the lens
Sure, we have some member photo threads (and that's not where I want to take this thread), but let's see some of our regular contributors faces

I'll go first...I'm not afraid of taking pics, but I certainly am camera shy....so I let myself do the shooting...

Here's me giving my best "ATS skeptical" look...If I ever write a science fiction novel, I think I'll use this photo...lol...hair is in a ponytail...

Enron,

Cool mugshot!
My wife and I were just talking about why I like photography, I am also camera shy..
I think that being the guy BEHIND the camera gives you more control over which direction the lens is pointed...

I'll see if I can dig up a photo of myself..

Jhconn,
Thanks for that post...If you like looking at photos like these, I encourage you to try it out for yourself..Especially in the digital age of photography, you get to "waste" a bunch of film so to speak..Instant results...! A decent camera rig, is not very expensive anymore..Myself, or any of the folks here would be glad to advise on equipment, if you aren't familiar with whats out there today....

[Edited on 21-10-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Helmutt,

I like that pic with the Mink stealing the fish...He looks so tiny, but thinks he's a bear! I like wildlife photos...Good action shot..

I also like the Cat in the Tree pic...I didn't see the cat right away..
Then it appeared...The Cheshire Cat....!

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Helmutt,

I like that pic with the Mink stealing the fish...He looks so tiny, but thinks he's a bear! I like wildlife photos...Good action shot..

I also like the Cat in the Tree pic...I didn't see the cat right away..
Then it appeared...The Cheshire Cat....!

Thanks spacedoubt,
The mink could easily have taken one or two fingers from me (sharp teeth).
I kept this fish, but gave him another fish I did not want...

The cat, did you notice the raindrops looking like cat`s eyes?
BTW, the cat is not in a tree, he`s on the ground behind some bush or tree...

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Wow...I've been neglecting this thread lately....

Here's some new stuff....mind you it's not as artsy fartsy as some of my other stuff....just strolling around and taking pictures...

This one looks like some kind of Kudzu Garden of Eden

Stare at this one long enough and it looks like one of those hidden image puzzles...I tried something new out with this...I have some nice sunglasses that add a light shade of green and gold to everything...so I shot this pic thru the lens of my sunglasses...came out pretty cool...

Maybe this will help to explain why I've been away from this thread so much...lol....Oh the fun you can have when your friends parents are multi-billionaires and have their own movie theatre! Someone want to guess how much those speakers are a piece?! I know!....

Pulp Fiction's back on the big screen baby! BANG BANG! You're dead!

Cool Stuff....Anyways - Wait till I show you guys the kitchen! *drools*

[Edited on 11/12/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
wow enron u do have a eye for pics

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Thanks man...unfortunately, I'm down and out as far as material goes...I need to shoot some more...

I do have one more though...As promised above, here's a few of the kitchen I was talking about in the above post....This kitchen is soooo much fun to cook in!

Again...These photos are just me having fun, nothing too fancy goin on here besides what's on the other side of the lens - hehe

My friend Mike, posing for a glamor shot...This is his kitchen folks...he's the mac daddy

Another angle...sorry about the flash...

And a dive into the pool is just a skip away...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join