It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
A few newish ones:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sequoia National Park, California

Forest fire at the Grand Canyon

Meteor Crater, Arizona

Lake Meade, Nevada (Man, it was unbelievably hot this day. 110+ degrees F)

One of the Pandas at the San Diego Zoo

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Insertion point on a hammermill.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I went for a hike today at a place called Cape Blomidon near where we live, I took some beautiful pictures, check them out!

[edit on 6/17/2006 by librasleep]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have been having loads of fun, with this new toy ... hope you like them

Squirrel

Litle explosions of color

Romantic Moods

and my favorite of all ...for some reason i can't make as big as it is in the original .. blah

Resting Dragonfly

>>>>> I have a link where there are some of my photos/prints for sale. Anyone interested in taking a look ( thats free ..lol) just send me a U2U.
Also sugestions about how to make that link more known would be aprreciated.

Thank you

[edit on 17-6-2006 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hey BaastetNoir,

Very nice photos. It appears that you are warming to that new camera quite nicely I especially like the squirrel.

Hey Parrhesia--good to see you posting again...nice shots, as usual
That sunset is real nice...

librasleep...you definitely live in a beautiful area...gotta' love those Lupine flowers...that whole setting looks gorgeous.

[edit on 14o06e303306e 33 by apocalypticon]

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thanks apocalypticon here's another interesting photo I took today.

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Hey All,

Went to The City with my family for Father's Day (it was also my youngest's birthday). Took these at Fort Point:

Fort Point:

This picture demonstrates a problem I have with my camera; there is, like, a one second delay between when I squeeze the shutter, and when the shutter actually opens. It makes it difficult to capture some things accurately:

Wave Rock with Marin in the background:

This is looking opposite from Fort Point, towards Marina Green and the Old Torpedo Yard, with The City in the background:

Eldest Daughter, with Golden Gate:

Eldest Daughter..."no more pictures, Dad...":

My Youngest...just turned 16 on Father's Day...:

Hope all you dads out there had a great Father's Day!!!

[edit on 33o06e302006e 20 by apocalypticon]

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by apocalypticon
there is, like, a one second delay between when I squeeze the shutter, and when the shutter actually opens. It makes it difficult to capture some things accurately

I noticed that when I bought my camera, an Epson PhotoPC 650, in November 2001, and what I did was take a photograph of a clock and then I mentally adjust the difference, which is more or less a second.

This only works if I am expecting the occasion to take the picture, if I want to take a picture of something that happens when I am not expecting it, then I know that the photo will have a lag of more or less a second.

And this is another thing that we should be aware when buying a camera.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Went over and took some shots at Gen. Mariano G. Vallejo's old Rancho Petaluma. Built in 1837 and also known as "La Casa Grande", it was the working center for one of the largest Mexican cattle ranchos in California when California was still a part of Mexico.

[edit on 34o06e300406e 04 by apocalypticon]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Have you been practicing hyperfocal distance apocalypticon? Regardless of whether it was intentional or not, you did a great job of positioning yourself for these shots – The DOF in shots one, three and four are near infinite…

Looks like you’ve got some real heartbreakers there! You know though - why do we always have to refer to pain and misery when it comes to complementing natural beauty – I should say….Looks like you have some real heart-minders there :-P

Great rustic shots in your last post…I feel like the top of that second one stand to be cropped just a hair more, but that’s just me….

I haven’t had too much time really these past few weeks to get out and do what I love the most…..I’ve got some new gear coming my way though! I’ve got a nice new hard-back aluminum traveling case for all my gear, a hiking rucksack that will hold two SLR bodies + 6-8 lenses, a monopod, and a Tamron SP AF 24-135mm f/3.5-5.6 AD Aspherical IF Lens

Hot damn I can’t wait!

The only downside? That lens takes a 72mm filter! That’s friggin huge – Well…Okay – So I guess that’s nothing if you own some fine telephoto prime L lens – Still, a decent polarizer’s going to set me back $150…

Here are a few took last weekend while at a friend's house....

All bark and no bite....

Wouldn't you like to know....hehe....I've got keep my buddies in check somehow - This is bribe material :-P

[edit on 6/25/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Got a little time this afternoon to pull the camera out…

I had been promising my nephew I’d get some shots with him and “his girl”
I did it under the condition that I wouldn’t be taking pictures of him, his girl and their baby in a years time

I’ve also been working with my brother-in-law to help him put together a promo package – He’s a very successful local musician, plays in a country band and does a lot of solo gigs….But he’s been wanting to record a CD with his own material, so I’ll be doing all the photography and design/layout – Got a few good shots of him this afternoon…

Of course, there’s a little bit of Photoshoppery in that last one there…

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I recently visited Casa Loma in Toronto and took a few pics of the place. It was built architect E.J. Lennox for Sir Henry Mill Pellatt.

It was started in 1911 and took 300 men 3 years to finish at the cost of 3.5 million (1911) dollars

An organ at the huge south window...

the organ itself...

a garden from the 1rst floor balcony...

A conservatory...

The rosetta glass ceiling of the conservatory...

A clock/ barometer holding statue in the conservatory...

An interesting painting in one of the bedrooms (sorry about the angle)...

A beautiful marble relief set into a fireplace mantle...

The organ pipes viewed on the second floor...

A statue in the main dining hall...

The view from the Scottish tower which we climbed...

If you're ever in Toronto...this is a wonderful place to spend an afternoon and the admission is only $12 per adult. There are extensive gardens, tunnels, a hunting lodge, secret passageways...all kinds of fairy-tale stuff for kids young and old to enjoy.

No, I'm not working for the Toronto Tourism board nor the Kiwanis Club.

:p:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I haven't posted any pics in awhile, so here goes
. Here's a couple more from Georgia. Yeah, I know, my photography sucks

An orthodox chruch close to Pankisi

This isn't the best pic in the world....but it says alot, imo.

A cross shot up by invading muslims

Sporty

[edit on 26/6/2006 by SportyMB]

[edit on 26/6/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Here are a few shots I have taken over the last year or so. A few different places and lots of memories with these shots

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Mr Beezer]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Great shots Mr Beezer

I especially like that last image there - Well framed - And there's just enough sense of warmth to balance out the freezing cold

Don't make it another year in between posts

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
hey sportymb,

Not only does your photography not suck but your subject matter is way cool; I would very much like to see some more of your work from that part of the world.

Mr. Beezer, it wasn't 'til I looked through your work a second time that I noticed the chameleon in the bush--great picture

I also really like the one of the cemetary, and the half/stone barn.

Here are a couple more from Gen. Vallejo's rancho:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Thought I would share a glimpse of high desert Summertime weather...

No 1
Titled: Evening, after the Storm

No.2 There goes the Sun (cough cough)

[edit on 27-6-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Let's try this again shall we....

Sequoias:

FF @ Grand Canyon:

Meteor Crater:

Lake Meade:

New...
Pics of the creek by my house, swollen from the recent rains

Oops, can't go any further.
The water was over the bridge the night before. There was alot of debris (huge logs, rocks, dirt/sand) all around there and on the street.

You could normally just walk across. Not now of course. Where I'm standing was under a couple feet of water ealier...

I liked that tree

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:40 AM
link   
@Mr Beezer
The two horses in the snow in front of the barn would make for a lovely oil painting... Great composition. (Maybe if both horses were cream coloured?)

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join