It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
The spy who loved me

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

a picture from when I went hanggliding.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I took this picture at Hart Plaza in Detroit MI. when I was there for the FUSE-IN festival last summer. Not sure what the artwork represents, but it looked like a stargate to me.

another picture from downtown Detroit.

this is the masonic temple in Detroit. I actually went to a techno party held in one of the rooms in the basement. Before going in, I actually wondered if I was going to be part of a mass sacrafice.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
never mind

[edit on 3-4-2006 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
this is an inspiring thread.

what camera do you recommend getting, anyone?
can you get good quality ones for cheap or should i spend alot of money?

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hi there Adamj!

Tell us a little about the kind of photos you'd like to take.
Low light? lots of action? time exposures?
There are lots of things to consider.

Here is a link, that contains other links regarding how to buy a digicam.

digicam info

This can get you started..And I'm sure Enron, and the whole photog crowd would be glad to chime in!

Space

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i dont know what sort of photos i want to take.
probably not alot of action photos. more like the photos on the first page.

thanx for the link.

feel free to recommend an entry level camera, about £100 range if you have any strong opinions.

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hello AdamJ!

I would reccomend looking around on ebay for something second hand, you can get an entry level pro-sumer camera for around about 100 pounds. All I can recommend is that you do some research into cameras before you buy one. If you read a couple of reviews you will quickly get a feel for what you are on the market for. I recomend www.dpreview.com this was the most helpful site to me. Good luck!

Ok... Im quite proud of this picture:

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
man, that it amazing.

you live in a beautiful area if thats where you live.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks AdamJ.

I took this one last december, I feel that the bridge takes up too much of the image, I would have preffered to get a greater view of the lake in the background, I feel the image lacks a sense of perspective. There were these kids about to run onto the bridge and throw stuff into the water and ruin the serenity of the scene, so I had little time... excuses, excuses, I know... Any comments?

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The_Modulus, great pictures

Later
Sporty

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Another macro shot, although admitedly, photoshop was used to add much of the dramatics to this one... is that allowed? What do you guys think about using photoshop to manipulate photography? Personally I've been experimenting with it for hours every day over the last couple weeks, doing this and that, and I feel somewhat hesitant posting things which are heavily altered. In some ways I feel that its all part of the creative process, although it does feel a bit like cheating. Any comments?

posted on Apr, 6 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's only cheating, if you don't tell anyone!

With digital photography, it's really hard NOT to apply some basic darkroom technique. A little contrast, a little color adjustment, some cropping.

But if you start adding elements, or removing elements, applying extreme filtering effects, then it's a different story. I think it should be mentioned at that point.

BTW, I need to upload some photos soon..

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
some pictures from when I was in Vancouver, British Columbia.

while taking a ferry from Granville Island

this beautiful great horned owl was seen in Stanley Park

boat storage

capilano suspension bridge

sunrise in Richmond, BC

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
never mind

[edit on 3-4-2006 by masqua]

???

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fattyp
???

Probably just an accidental post in the wrong thread ;-)

Originally posted by AdamJ
what camera do you recommend getting, anyone?
can you get good quality ones for cheap or should i spend alot of money?

I think Space and Modulus have given some great advice…Especially the link to DP Review – That’s the modern man’s online camera bible….

If you’re looking for a camera to develop your skills with, I think you’ll be pleasantly pleased with what’s available within your price range…Used or new, cheap or expensive….You can develop the skills you need on a disposable camera – Harnessing the benefits of better and more expensive cameras will become second nature once you have spent some time dedicated to learning the basics

Yeah – I’d be proud of that photo to Modulus! Wow!

I like the subject matter of the second image with the bridge and reflection…I’m not sure about the framing though – Vertical or horizontal lines that intersect dead center usually throw the viewer’s eye for a loop…If the decking of the bridge were placed in one of the thirds, cropped from the diagonal of the reflection up, thus allowing more lilies to fill the background I think this one would have come off even better – And maybe take it again at dusk to mellow out the exposure?

But like you said….It’s tough to pull of the perfect shot when you’ve got little kids who are about to splash your gear!

I promise I’ll get around to more comments and post some more photos later….It’s been a busy past few weeks!

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
Another macro shot, although admitedly, photoshop was used to add much of the dramatics to this one... is that allowed? What do you guys think about using photoshop to manipulate photography? Personally I've been experimenting with it for hours every day over the last couple weeks, doing this and that, and I feel somewhat hesitant posting things which are heavily altered. In some ways I feel that its all part of the creative process, although it does feel a bit like cheating. Any comments?

Dont see it as cheating at all. Especially if the work isnt documentary Photography. I am professional photographer/digital re-toucher. I still constantly learn new tricks and ideas by accident and from others, photoshop is a complicated tool that requires a lot of skill and allows for an extreme amount of personal creativity and expression. Oh and that flower pic is awesome, nice work!

jra

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The_Modulus WOW. That is stunning. Great shot.

Been a while since I looked at this thread. Some new ones by me.

The sky was edited. Perhaps a bit too yellow for some peoples tastes, but I like it

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Ok, I'm just going to throw this idea out there for discussion; how about ATS run a photography competition? Something like the collaborative fiction forum runs, a once-per month kind of thing? I was thinking a topic could be set and a winner chosen through popular vote... any takers?

I'm headed out to the Karoo (the dessert in South Africa) for a week on holiday and will try to return with some descent shots. I stumbled across this on dpreview.com which talks about the use of Photoshop etc. in modern photography and its... ethical? usage... Cheating?
Thanks everyone for the comments on my pics, I appreciate it.

P.s. Is this not just the most beautiful thing ever? Beauty!
I've spent all day fantasizing about owning it... holding it... pushing its buttons... one day when Im rich.

jra

posted on Apr, 9 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
Ok, I'm just going to throw this idea out there for discussion; how about ATS run a photography competition? Something like the collaborative fiction forum runs, a once-per month kind of thing? I was thinking a topic could be set and a winner chosen through popular vote... any takers?

Sounds like an interesting idea. I don't know if i'd always be able to participate myself, but could be fun none the less.

I stumbled across this on dpreview.com which talks about the use of Photoshop etc. in modern photography and its... ethical? usage... Cheating?

I don't think using photoshop is cheating at all. It's nothing more than the digital equivilant of a dark room in my opinion. Of course Photoshop can do a lot more now, then it could back in the day, there are tons of cheesy/useless filters. But there is only so much Photoshop can do. You can make a good photo look better, but you can't make a horrible photo look good. And believe me, i've taken a lot of bad photos that had no hope of looking better.

About that Indicar photo in that article. If I were the judge I would have thrown that photo out too. It looks horrible. It would look better without that 'zoom' effect or atleast toned down a lot. It's just not aethstetically (i hate trying to spell that word) pleasing. It actually bothers my eyes to look at it.

P.s. Is this not just the most beautiful thing ever? Beauty!
I've spent all day fantasizing about owning it... holding it... pushing its buttons... one day when Im rich.

I want a DSLR so badly. I have a film SLR camera but it gets expensive buying and developing film after a while (and not really worth it, if you get a lot of crappy shots)

[edit on 9-4-2006 by jra]

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join