It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photography of ATS Members

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
It's funny how the photos I plan to be good are rarely good and the photos I randomly take and expect to throw away are always the great ones.

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Isn't that how it always works :p

Gorgeuos composition....The muted tones and the blurred foreground really give this image a lot of character...

Well - I got a Holga 120mm today! Woo-hoo!

The camera cost the same as the next-day shipping
I can't wait to get these first few rolls of film developed though - It's my first venture into the non-digital realm, so I figured I'd go the ultra-cheap route - I shot half of my first roll in the wrong exposure setting - DOH!

From what I hear though, these cameras can produce some unexpected and very dramatic results....If I get anything interesting out it, I'll post them here

In the meantime, here's one I took the other night of "the family jewels"

[edit on 3/6/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Mar, 6 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Here's one I took this evening....I tried all sorts of different "arrangements"...The trumpet lying on the sheet music, a mute propped up against it...All different angles and lighting scenarios...

I finally decided to just distance the trumpet from the music and cast a silhouette....I was pleasantly pleased...Now I just have to work on heading into a shoot with my mind set on the end result instead of fumbling around for an hour just trying to figure it out....

posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Shot taken in Ljubljana in the old part of the city, where streets are very narrow and walls high.

EnronOutrunHomerun - Awesome Image of the Notes and a Trumpet shade!

[edit on 13/3/06 by Souljah]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ooohh - I love that Souljah - It's like the "organic" version of selective saturation, so to speak....Awesome composition...

I've got a mentor I'm woking with on another site - He gave me some great tips I'll have to share later tomorrow, but here is the payoff of my first lesson...

Taken this afternoon - Fresh off the press:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Wow

thanks for that Souljah!! I love that shot, the differnece in color between the street and background really makes the photo for me.

This is a shot of some shoes it belongs to a bigger project I did for university.

i dont do much fashion but this is one shot I did of a friend for his portfolio

Borth were shot in London

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That shot with the shoes is simply stunning Bandar – How did you get that ripple effect under the shoes??

It looks like it was a long enough exposure to perhaps allow a brief moment to give them a little nudge towards the end…Random guess

Top-notch work as always man

------------EVERYONE-----PLEASE--------READ-------------

*AHEM!* Your attention!

Okay - I’m going to venture out on a “new limb” so-to-speak with this thread….

To date we’ve mostly offered complimentary comments in exchange for more photos….That’s not being said to detract from all the wonderful comments nor should it be taken as a decrease in their ascribed value…But I’m sure most of the regular contributors here would agree that it’s the naked truth…

We have people from all walks of life adding their images to this thread – From amateur to professional…There’s a vast array of knowledge – A great pool to extract from and to learn together through…

What if we decided to incorporate something I have felt has been long overdue….

Constructive feedback
Meaning that for any images contained in the post above yours, you would be encouraged (as per all members’ discretion of posting said images here) to give your thoughts on what makes the image stand out, and what you think could use improvement….It’s a twofold process….What to continue doing, and what to change…

Of course this has been dabbled on here and there throughout the thread’s history in one form or another, but it hasn’t really become anything you expect when you post your pictures here…

And perhaps that’s what everyone likes about it and we should leave that aspect alone!! Stop me here if you agree with that statement….So it is and so it shall remain….

I want your feedback on this idea

Of course, I wasn’t born yesterday – I can suggest it, but that suggestion can easily get lost in the multitude of pages and it slowly fades out of use….So I’d need everyone’s support if this sounds like a good idea….

Either way, let me know – u2u me or post your thoughts here

[edit on 3/16/2006 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I agree with the contructive feedback... and specially HONEST constructive feedback... for example... most poster in this thread have good cameras, or at least better than mine ( disposible Kodak...
), so I know that at this point and time the quality of my photos can't be as good as everyone elses, but i would still like to hear some honest and constructive feedback... something that I can learn from.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun
That shot with the shoes is simply stunning Bandar – How did you get that ripple effect under the shoes??

It looks like it was a long enough exposure to perhaps allow a brief moment to give them a little nudge towards the end…Random guess

GREAT IDEA!!!
This is my favorite thread on BTS right now, the level of work is superb, but your right why not critque and question each others work?

As far as the shoes shot. The shoes were placed on a drain in a fountain. The exposure was a few mintues with a fairly wide f stop (5.6) to give a shallow depth of field. I tried with a higher f stop (F11 or higher) and that sharpened the foreground and background which made the images way too busy. For lighting I grabbed a flashlight and a green piece of plastic and pointed towards the front of the shoes ffor the duration of the exposue.

As far as Souljah's shot which I realy like I cant find much fault with it. The image is driven through lighting and perspective, composition is great but not essential to the shot. I suppose you could add a minor foregrpund subject (left behind trash, etc.) in the alley way, not to become the subject but to add to the imagery but that is minor at most. And maybe Im just rambling its a very good shot.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think you have come up with a great idea Enron. I'm going to have to make a re-entrance into this thread. My camera has gathered some dust over the last couple weeks which will certainly be cleared by this new innitiative.

The quality of photography is definately improving here, and Im enjoying experiencing them all the time! Keep it up!

PS. That photo of the shoes is really amazing, seeing as you exposed for a couple minutes, was the photo taken at night, or in relative darkness? Great shot!

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Modulus
PS. That photo of the shoes is really amazing, seeing as you exposed for a couple minutes, was the photo taken at night, or in relative darkness? Great shot!

Thanks for the nice comment.

the shoes image was shot at night. It was pretty dark, the camera was pretty wide open (f5.6) so not as long as many night shots I do.

Here is a shot taken in London. the city part is way overexposed but I got frustrated trying to get it just right.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Was out last night playing around at sundown and took this:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Whoa - That's one long shadow!
Is it still snowing way up there in Canada?!

Okay - I've gotten 100% positive feedback so far on the decision to impliment constructive criticism - So be it

It's up to everyone who posts in here to keep it going though....

*IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE*
Don't feel ashamed to request "no comments" though - Just let it be known when you post your images that you don't want it to be analyzed.....There's nothing wrong with posting a photo for the photo's sake

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
When Macro lenses become addictive:

The first one looks much better when its bigger; larger size here:

img71.imageshack.us...

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Holy Shamoly Modulus – You really did break out the macro lens, huh?!

I’m probably way off…But let me see if I can guess them…

Are the first two a tin can?

The third one, I’m thinking honey…

I dunno though – The fourth one makes me seem to think they’re all the same…

Hmmm – But the larger file is named “cleanser” and one is names “glass”….So I suppose it’s safe to say I don’t have a clue…

I’d have to say I love the fourth image the most b/c of the wider spectrum of colors, and the gradual gradient from red to blue…The others just feel a little overexposed with no clearly delineated subject…

Awesome shot with the notes and the ruler reflection – That’s some sweet thinking man...

Well – I was able to get a few shots at a local jazz and blues festival this weekend…I didn’t have my tripod handy, so I just had the stage lights to work with – I bumped the ISO up to 200 and did a little dodging and burning to give better perspective to the band members…

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Kool!

The first one must definitly be a stack of CD's/DVD's!
Ooooh. Now I want a macro too. Why, You little tempter!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I thought I would alert my fellow photogs to
a thread with beautiful scenery from Pategonia.
It's Here

Tell'em spacedoubt sent you!

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I haven't seen this kind motifs in this thread, so it's about time I break the habit; Showing off my .22, with its freshly handmade custom grip, made by Hakan Pek.

His grips are furthermore outstandingly made, I once said something like, that they feel warm, smell good, the lines and angles are as perfect, as Heidi Klum's buttocks.

external image
(click image, to enlarge to 1024x)

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I was lucky enough to visit Christmas Island last year.

The Island is south of Hawaii in the Eastern Pacific and is the place where
Britain had bomb tests in the 50's and 60's, because of this the scenery isn't wonderful so I photographed the locals instead.

Hope you like them.

Christmas Island was the first inhabited place to welcome in the New Millenium being just across the IDL.

[edit on 23/4/2006 by Jamesmickael]

[edit on 23/4/2006 by Jamesmickael]

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join