It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest Conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
It seems the RNC has had a lot of protesters in the media, but I was listening to a local conservative radio talk show, and they said the DNC had just as many protesters, but got no coverage. I watched the DNC on CNN as well as Fox News, but saw no coverage on either. So, naturally, I began to suspect that the right wing media was just exaggerating about the whole thing. Does anyone have any proof of these DNC protesters who supposedly were just as large as the ones at the RNC?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
wow there buddy, maybe you should ease off the conspiracy stuff. first off, what right wing media? all signs point to a LIBERAL media. in any case, it sounds like this particular radio show was wrong, becuase i saw very little to no evidence of protest at the DNC, which is rather unfortunate.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well, I personally have not seen any footage of either conventions protesting because I hate the news. But astroblade- I wouldn't jump tp that comclusion. Though I haven't seen this year's, I've seen tape upon tape of riots at 2000's DNC, it was insane. There was some huge Rage Against the Machine concert right across the street. Alot of protesters were just rioting the government in general, and many had Pro-Nader signs. If it happened 4 years ago, why not now?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by astroblade
wow there buddy, maybe you should ease off the conspiracy stuff. first off, what right wing media? all signs point to a LIBERAL media. in any case, it sounds like this particular radio show was wrong, becuase i saw very little to no evidence of protest at the DNC, which is rather unfortunate.

Maybe you misunderstood me; the right wing was complaining about all of the coverage that the RNC protesters were getting, and also complaining that there was no coverage of the protesters at the DNC convention. They were trying to say that the news made it look like the RNC is the only thing protested, and that the DNC had no protesters at all, if you catch my drift.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i see your point Scat. Rage, which can be a good band, certainly has a tendency to provoke people's "more radical" behaviour. perhaps it's the sound of the music. TenaciousGuy, i do catch your drift and i can understand it certainly. but i've got to admit, i saw very little protest at the DNC, as opposed to the RNC which had protests before it even started. the man you talked about, the conservative talk show, i do believe he was overstating what was happening, i just dissaggreed that there was a "right wing" media. i think though we both believe he was wrong in that the media wasn't underplaying the protest at the DNC, simply there wasn't much, is that right?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 01:14 AM
link   
thats probably because they chose to have the convention i new york wich is democratic or very liberal ....... i think?

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TenaciousGuy
the right wing was complaining about all of the coverage that the RNC protesters were getting, and also complaining that there was no coverage of the protesters at the DNC convention. They were trying to say that the news made it look like the RNC is the only thing protested, and that the DNC had no protesters at all, if you catch my drift.

The RNC picked NYC for a reason- publicity!

Conservatives love controversy. The more "angry" the streets look the more spooked voters outside the city will be.

Nixon II- he taunted protestors

Bush lets the RNC do it.

Inside the convention everything will be 'just lovely'

Outside hell will reign

Johnson did it in Chicago '68

-politics-

top topics

join