It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta woman arrested by mistake, jailed 53 days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by InSanE1

WTF?!?!? Checking to see if policy and procedure were violated? Are they on crack, of course is was violated. They failed to confirm the identity of the female they arrested. They should have requested a DL photo to verify aas well. The jail had to get her fingerprints, which if they would have run it (some agencies do some dont) they could have had confirmation its not the person they wanted

The only response they can give to her is how many zeros would you like behind the 1 on the check?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSanE1

This innocent woman, in fact this victim (I refer to her as that because she was the one that was reporting a crime committed against her) ended up being arrested for having nothing more in common with the individual that the police had a warrant for but a first name.

Cause we all know there's only like 3 Teresa's in the US right?

Did they even bother checking anything? This woman spent 53 days in jail, because police didn't do their job. I sincerely hope they get fired, and that she is compensated well for this mistake.

www.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-10-2011 by InSanE1 because: (no reason given)

I was with you until the very last word. Replace mistake with utter stupidity and I am right back with you.

Shame on these cops... Just... What in the hell did they think they were doing? Disgusting

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I read this article and it absolutely floored me. The only link they had to her and the wanted suspect was the same first name. Nothing else matched, not even physical description. Just a case of having the same first name.

But here is where it even got odder than that. No one cared. No one checked into anything or even attempted to release. The judge apparently might have sentenced her with no proof of anything, except that behind the scenes or counsel or those working on her behalf did track down the real suspect and convinced her to show up in court and say she was innocent.

Now how often do you think that is going to happen? Usually the odds on that would be like a snowball suriving hell!

So, they would have sentenced her without the real suspect showing up, just because she has the same first name.

And no one bats an eye.???

Come on, something really wrong here.

The report I read said that the crime victim was the one to say she wasn't the one that assaulted her. The news media found the real suspect, and the cops still have not found the real suspect.

That whole case just shows how stupid law enforcement is around that area.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think that many if not most here are missing the point, especially in reiterating that the police are "stupid".

I feel that many are missing just how often this occurs AND also goes unreported.

We just read recently about NYC Detectives planting narcotics upon individuals to meet their arrest quotas...?

Now we know that LEO care little about justice as this incident indicates, especially when it pertains to minorities, but in actuality they are only concerned about making another arrest.

They arrested a Black Female named Teresa and that's all that apparently mattered to them.

And could care less about whether they even had the correct person or not, because as far as they are concerned they've arrested someone who fit the description and their job is now done.

"Tell it to the Judge". ....as they most likely told her while leading her to jail.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
And there is no mention of what became of her truck that was stolen. They might not have even took a police report. So, her truck is gone.

It had to have been a traumatic experience for her. And if she had a job, I'm sure it's gone now.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There has not been another peep in the news about this case that I could find. I hope it is not just being brushed under the rug.

<< 1   >>

join