It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound - COLORADO - 10-19-2011

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

DorianSoran spotted a jet in the video, that's the "mysterious" noise.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nice bod..Uhmmm I mean video..

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this. It is the same weird sound me and my family have heard in Maryland. Have never been able to determine what it is. We live on an Island and word would get around quick if there was any activity on the Island that would cause the noise. Since this noise is being heard all over the world I doubt it is just jets. We have all heard jets for years now so pretty sure most people know what sound they make.
Again thanks for posting! We all can't be crazy, Can we?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Yup, lots of threads on low rumbling noises being heard all over the world in the last few months.

Something is going on.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

If it was a jet or jets, it wouldn't last an hour. It's one of the better recordings I've heard of this noise. Something is definitely weird going on with all the posts coming from all over the world on this subject. Again, good job on the recording!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am in no way ANY kind of an expert in the field of military aircraft, I did however live next to an airport that housed the flying wing of the Army National Guard in Wisconsin.

This sounds ALOT like constant afterburners being deployed.

I know from living there that the F-16s are so small compared to commercial jets and the afterburner sound is so large compared to their size.

I would hear a very similar and VERY loud sound and off far in the distanace I would see the 3 jets in formation banking hard. I would have to search the skies a few moments to actually see the jets because they were simply little black dots in the sky due to their relative small size and distance from me.

With that having been said, this always lasted no more than 5 or 10 minutes as they would soon tire of the banking manuevers with full afterburner and move onto something else.

Just adding my thoughts to a very interesting topic.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I theorize that it is the electric system "ramping up" for the day. When I moved to a new place, I would wake up the same time every morning. About 0430 as others have stated. I live about 13 miles from a nuclear power plant. I assumed it had something to do with them increasing electric generation to start to meet the demand of everyone waking up and going to work for the day. It's probably just the hum of electricity. In the lines, etc.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Cloaked klingon ship!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Judging from the video in the OP, the OP lives very near to Peterson AFB.

How many hearing these noises live near an AFB, ARMY or any other military facility?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

As soon as you started your recording I knew what you where hearing. It was the very same sounds I would hear when I first awoke when I was 17. During which time I asked others around me if they could hear that sound, they all looked at me like I was nuts for they heard nothing. Back in the late 70's we didn't have fancy recording devices like we do now. Would have loved to have done your recording. But as soon as your tape began it triggered the old smile. That was 32 years ago when I heard the sound..

Welcome to the new YOU..

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
They call this "Thumper". I've stood next to this in action, and it makes a very low frequency short duration sound pulse from a circular pad lowered to hug the ground. The sound is received back and shows deep subsurface imaging data. In the case I experienced, USGS was doing a check for rate of creep of the Hayward fault, the most active fault in the continental united states. It is just a walk 600 yards from my home.

I ride a mountain bike on the trail it was moving along and doing sounding every hundred feet or so. The pulse vibrates the rock away from the sounding pad and makes circular "swept" spots as it collects and compiles the data for a comprehensive sub-surface picture of the rock and earth below.
But you cannot hear it but for a second, and the sound is focused on the ground, so no ambient sound of any significance from Thumper can be heard.

ZG

Originally posted by Philippines

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
Are they doing fracing in the area? If so, there are seismic trucks that vibrate the ground in search of more natural gas. They make quite a bit of noise and vibrate the surrounding area.

Here is a pic of a large one, smaller ones also work in tandem. They are usually white in color.

Interesting point really! I have read/seen videos of other places in the world having this sound but didn't correlate it to hydraulic fracturing. I have never heard this sound or anything like it in my life.

Have you researched this sound being linked to fracking activity going on nearby where these sounds were heard, or read that someone confirmed it is going on nearby?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by liliththedestroyer

It issss possible to hear jets and not see them due to their altitude and sonic booms. They are loud as F.

And that white vibrator truck is awesome
edit on 20-10-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DorianSoran

I agree. I lived near many military installations growing up, there's nothing weird about this. I've seen it a number of times, and they're always hard to spot. On a cloudy day you may not actually spot the jet at all, but it's the same sound that they all make.

Looks and sounds like a fighter out doing training maneuvers.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
HAS ANYBODY HEARD THESE SOUNDS???
.... and the reply, 'why do you ask if anybody's heard these sounds ' when you know the answer is yes......

I think more Well ofcourse they haveso that he is infering a time frame, as in 'are any of you hearing this right now or some time in the last day or so, but i would gather an imediacy in the time frame. Sure it goes without saying that the question posed in the frame of 'long term' would collectivly be answered by many as 'YES' Maybe, I just atuned to his question in the present.
edit on 20-10-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

what time did this happen because this morning at 7:40am Texas had a 4.8 in southwest area I know the Balcone fault is in southwest TX.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Nice video. You get a S&F. ( Nice Alex Grey profile pic, also. I'm a big fan of his. )
I had not heard about these sounds at all, so you're thread introduced me to this phenomenon. It's not a far stretch to think that if extraterrestrials have a cloaking ability, that this activity could be going on in the air.
( Extracting water from the atmosphere? Putting something into the atomosphere? )
I'm an audio engineer. There are decent, affordable, hand-held digital recorders on the market. Basic non-linear audio software can be had for cheap as well. I'd like to see the soundwave. The range of human hearing is around 30Hz-120khz. Anything below human hearing would be felt as vibration, but not sensed in your ears.
You know how dogs hear frequencies above our range? Well, we hear frequencies below their range of hearing, so a big truck going by your house is a vibration to them, they don't "hear" it.
Not saying that I want to do it, but it would be nice to build a basic data base of these recordings from all over the world, and compare them. With proper resources, they could be traced to their source, or at least proven that the sounds are the same, or that they're not.
Good Job!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2024
Its the sound the earth makes while it is cutting though space at great speed, And somehow the sound is being directed down for people to hear.

I came across this yesterday. I am not sure whether it would apply in this case (noise from above carried down), but here is a snippet:

Wind shear can have a pronounced effect upon sound propagation in the lower atmosphere, where waves can be "bent" by refraction phenomenon. The audibility of sounds from distant sources, such as thunder or gunshots, is very dependent on the amount of shear. The result of these differing sound levels is key in noise pollution considerations, for example from roadway noise and aircraft noise, and must be considered in the design of noise barriers.[24] This phenomenon was first applied to the field of noise pollution study in the 1960s, contributing to the design of urban highways as well as noise barriers.[25]

The speed of sound varies with temperature. Since temperature and sound velocity normally decrease with increasing altitude, sound is refracted upward, away from listeners on the ground, creating an acoustic shadow at some distance from the source.[26] In the 1862, during the American Civil War Battle of Iuka, an acoustic shadow, believed to have been enhanced by a northeast wind, kept two divisions of Union soldiers out of the battle,[27] because they could not hear the sounds of battle only six miles downwind.[28]

en.wikipedia.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Wind_shear#Sound_propagation

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

They are always coming out with more powerful and more effecient turbofan engines and ive heard plenty off ones that have a strange noise or tone. You never know, lets hope its some logical explanation to all these strange sounds and not something that poses a threat.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That sound you are hearing is a fighter jet in the distance.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

ps if anyone ever has this happen instead of making a long video/recording from one location could you please send 4 people out on bikes to 4 compass points and see if it gets louder in an attempt to isolate the source.
Exactly! If you can triangulate where the sound is coming from, that will give you a better idea where it is! Once you do so, start coming in to the center. I still stand by my “cloaked ship scenario”. Once you do so, start lobbing rocks at the position of the sound. A wrist rocket would be even better! (just be careful not to shoot or throw stuff at your friends across from you! Hehe)! Of course, video tape EVERYTHING…!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join