It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound - COLORADO - 10-19-2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by archetype_one
reply to post by Sly1one

You said you live near an airport. Performing extended engine runs to op-test components is a common occurrence at airports where any routine maintenance is performed. I know there's an air base in that area - likely just an engine run on a transient aircraft that had a mechanical issue.

But living near an airbase that commonly runs engine tests, would produce commonly identified and often heard sounds wouldn't it?

Therefore, the OP would have heard these before (from commonly run engine tests), and wouldn't think them to be strange. Certainly not strange enough to make a thread about them i wouldn't have thought.

If i lived next to a steel works, and regularly heard loud metallic hammering and bangs, i wouldn't be puzzled everytime i heard loud metallic hammering and banging would i, the same is true of people who live near to rocket testing bases and airports and military bases.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'm thinking that the military has finely mastered the art of invisible aircrafts

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

That's why I specified it being a "transient" aircraft (air base term for a plane just passing through). I believe the air base in Springs is a C-130 base. C-130's are turbo props not jets. Jet engines are much louder and the sound would travel farther and seem out of place - just MHO.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I heard this sound for over an hour, 2 nights ago.
It drove my dog crazy!
(Northern Kentucky)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by superanon00
.......It drove my dog crazy!
(Northern Kentucky)

Maybe that's what it's supposed to do

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Military fast jet/s.
Air combat maneuvering / aerobatics.
High altitude.

Not especially mysterious.
Shame cos I love a good mystery.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
In my opinion that does definitely sound like a jet engine on afterburner.

I'm not an aviation buff, so maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject can enlighten us as to how loud a jet fighter aircraft flying around 40.000 feet with afterburners might sound on the ground. I figure you can not see a small jet that high up, so that would explain for the lack of a visual.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The Earth's vibration is changing. This is what the ancients predicted to happen around and before 2012. The noises/feelings will only get more frequent, then at a certain point widespread natural disasters begin. If anyone is truly interested in what's going on, read "Source Field Investigations" - David Wilcock
edit on 20-10-2011 by CarlosAranha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by iprotectwildlife

We heard it here in Western Maryland the same day. Sounded like a jet the size of a couple football fields, but there was no way the sound lasted as long as it did if it were a jet.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Unless there was a Harrier hovering overhead the entire time I think some doppler effect would have to have been audible in order for anyone to claim this was from a flying jet.

We have some large towers and power lines behind work and strong winds make a similar sound there.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Oh hi, just wanted to post a link to a related thread, where there are over 1 hour of strange sounds recorded

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
We hear this noise a lot near where I live in the UK. A lot of R.A.F fast jet training happens here, with lots of exercises at low and high altitude, using the valleys for low level bombing run practice. It totally depends on things like the direction of wind, as to whether or not the sound is very loud or just a distant rumble.

Either way, I usually can't see the aircraft! So....fast jet on reheat to me!

Great video though OP, nice to see some real supporting evidence on ATS!

Cheers

Robbie

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I live near Nashville Intn` airport and that sounds like a military fighter that may have been in the area. I love it when when we have a couple of F-15`s or F/A-18s fly in because its almost like they want to announce to the city "Here we are" and that afterburner sound does travel. On time a 4 ship of Eagles came in to refuel and when they took off i could hear them for a good 20 min after i lost sight, but the temperature was around 40F something so i figured sound travels further or the dense air carries sound better when its cold. What the Temp. up there in Colorado?

I`m not saying for sure thats what it was, if you live near an airport I`ll trust your judgement, because i`m sure you know what an F-15 sounds like in full afterburner, theres a couple of AFBs up there right?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
That sounds like the one in Minnesota. Was there also a flash like that one?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I have to agree with you blup, many of those threads the people have worked really hard on for weeks, if not months. A lot of the threads are asking for sounds similar or the same, and one guy has spend so much time making a map of the sounds in the US. Im not trying to be a trol either, been following some of them for months (only new to posting, been following here for 3+ yrs), so why ask the question and not add to those threads. Cant keep track if people keep making new threads on the same topic.

Back to the topic, the sound is good, hear it very well OP, much like the others I've listened to though

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Its probably just deepak chopra meditating...hope he doesn't cause an earthquake again

just kidding

IDK anything about the jetstream...anyway, let's hope it isn't infrasound from some fault, volcano, or yellowstone

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Funny, I hear that same thing just about every night when I'm out star-gazing. I've always attributed it to wind or vehicles and other mundane things. But now I'm gonna get paranoid that somethings going down while I'm out. And now I think about it, the other night that rumbling sounded a bit closer than it normally is and it kind of freaked me out and I was hearing the sound of machinery. Which was unusual since I live out of the town with nothing of significance around for about 10 miles. Maybe I'll pay more attention to it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

i heard a similar noise last year, and then there was an explosion that was so loud, i thought we were being bombed! it shook the windows of my house for 5 seconds, and a minute later it did the same thing. when i called the sheriffs office, they said it was the space shuttle. i have lived in n florida for 30 years and that was not the space shuttle. the next day, i read about the gulf of mexico bp mishap. hmmmm... these noises are in the ground, resonating where you can hear them without direction. the idea of this happening all over the world would point to the earths crust moving, all over the world. maybe thats why our airport had to repaint the lines on the runway. the old lines were off 10 to 15 degrees. maybe thats why all the hype about colonizing another planet or moon bases. this place may be fubared by geological events in the future.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
This is just my theory:

To me, it sounds like static electricity. I have heard this in the Pacific Northwest also. The weird thing is, when the noise goes on, every time I get out of the car after a delivery run, I get shocked.

It reminds me of those electric ball things that you used to be able to get, you know, the ones you put your hands on and they make that humming sound and make your hair stand up?

The earth is definitely changing, look at all of the weather phenomenons just this year. Earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, who knows what the next year will bring.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Time: October 4th. 9:00 am approximate

I woke up in the morning hearing what sounded like a nuke exploding. I thought I was dead. It kept rumbling heavily. It abruptly ended with a cliche electrical power-down noise. The duration was about 30 seconds. But I'm not sure how long it could have been going while I was asleep. I've been living in the town for over 10 years near an airport. I haven't heard a sound this ridiculous in my entire life, this did not sound in any way like any kind of aircraft. I at first dismissed it as being a long thunderbolt. Once I saw this forum and videos online in other places in the world, I change my mind. The one I heard sounds like the one in this video www.youtube.com... but A LOT LOUDER.

I wish I had recorded it, I was freaking out. I even thought I was hallucinating sounds. I asked my friend if he heard it and he confirmed it as well.

I really wish I had an infrared camera. Nothing can hide so easily in the infrared range. After seeing all these videos of people seeing nothing with only the sound.

I'm going to check the location out, with my camera and big ass knife with me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join