It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Sound - COLORADO - 10-19-2011

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thanks OP for this post.

In a previous thread here on ATS a few months back, I noted that both my wife and I experienced the same rumbling sound.

What is important here is that the replies keep coming in, from all over the nation, and ultimately, I hope the conversation continues because I keep finding more and more clues!

In this case, another poster mentioned Hydraulic Fracking. That is the first time someone has mentioned it, and one of the first clues of commonality that I have with this sound that we heard here this past summer.

We are in Western PA, and there is a huge explosion of gas well drilling going on here during the past several years. So for once, we have something in common here, that you, OP, have there -- Gas Drilling/Fracking.

Here are the facts of my account, for collection purposes:

1. The sound we heard is identical to what you posted. It occurred one night this summer, between 9 and 11PM EST.
2. We are about 17 Air miles from Pittsburgh International Airport, but, I have lived here my entire 45 years of life, and have NEVER heard anything like this. We get air traffic, both incoming and outgoing all the time...but in this case, nothing, nada -- in fact, MOST of the traffic at PIT stops after 9PM as 90% of the flights are in or out already for the day.
3. We have gas well drilling going on here, however, the closest well is about 7 air miles away.
4. The weather that night was clear. No clouds. Someone suggested that the sound could be bouncing off low cloud cover from a distance, but no, it was clear as clear can be that night, and in your video as well.
5. Yes, there is road construction going on here, about 2 miles from my house on I-79. But, this sound was not from that direction. And, PENNDOT was not doing anything that night at that time, except for moving cones and reflowing traffic, not paving or digging or anything construction related.
6. You described, UP not DOWN. I can concur with that. It sounds like a plane is just hovering over the house, or in the not to distant horizon.
7. Sound lasted for at least an hour. Seems to be a commonality amongst other posters.
8. Sounds reported are mostly at night, with the exception of your case.

I encourage anyone to add to this list so that we can at least put together some commonalities regarding the phenomenon.

Good post, OP. S&F

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dyvfd

This might be the best explanation I have seen about this subject.

Thank you poster.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
MY THOUGHTS ON THE RUMBLING - this may deserve a thread of its own, but im tired of trying to help awareness ESPECIALLY on Ats because every ignores things and sweep things under the rug like dust..

I belive the Rumblings everyone is hearing is a resault of ONE thing; Expanding Earth. The Earth crust is expanding inside to out, causeing earth quakes, rumblings, volcanoes to be active, Dont ask for "scienctific proof" .. like scientists know anything lol. They arent as credible as many of you WANT to belive.

Anyways; the results of an expanding crust/mantle would be things like earthquakes (big and small), volcanoes wihch have not been active for looong time are starting to make noise and rumble, the rumbling sounds and thousands of seismic recordings everyday... You are intelligent enough to get the point.

Now I am a strong beliver of the "Hollow Earth" .. as well as its anchient and higher dimensional cities and beings who occupy them. Ive read many things on Hollow Earth, articles of even the beings who live down there! Also have talked to a few spiritual beings who have actually visited Agartha and some who know of Shambollah. You think people make this stuff up ? Where you think these expereinces and stories are coming from ?

Well it exists and this is what conflicts with the Expanding Earth; of course Gaia is HUGE and has plenty of room inside and out... but if the mantle and crust is expanding, as surface people we will hear the rumblings and give notice to the volcanoes and sea levels etc... but what about the races who live inside the Inner Earth, I cant figure how this expanding earth (crust/mantle) effects them. I do belive gravity is not what Newton totally understoood it to be; as the inside of Earth "Gravity" reverses and thus keeping your feet on the opposite ground.

Food for thought; cool thread, many people expereincing evidence of the expanding earth ^^

~ Love is an art

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wow..very strange. It sounds almost like a jet, but as you stated, you live near an airport, and can tell the difference.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Do you know where your water treatment plant is in relation to where you are? I have one about half a kilometer from where I live and quite often hear a similar sound that lasts as long as certain machinery is running. We also have a milk plant about a quarter of a mile in the other direction and again you can hear the machinery when it runs...at all hours of the day and night. As sound carries it would not surprise me when it's rather quiet in the afternoon or even early morning if you could hear this machinery for many miles. If I did not know where the sounds came from, I would swear it was aerial related. It might be worth checking in surrounding areas if their are any treatment plants that run machinery capable of the noise you are hearing. Some may not even admit their machinery could be heard over such distance for fear of being charged for noise pollution by the EPA or equivalent.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread, but has anyone ever put their ear to the ground when they hear this sound. I'm thinking that this sound is some sort of super heavy duty digging equipment.

I have also heard this sound a few times here in western Canada. It always seems to happen in the middle of the night and it goes on and on for a long time. I'm going to put my ear to the ground next time.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
There were two fighter jets flying south out of Colorado Springs about 2pm when we heard the noise.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Too many people reporting this now for it to be something ordinary. Would really like to know what the hell is causing these sounds.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It does sound a lot like military jets. They can be heard from miles away (beyond visual range), and I hear them a lot around here (I live near a base). I can tell, by sound, the difference between an F/A-18 and anything else. When they go in on approach, I hear that very sound. However, that wouldn't explain the durations of the sounds people hear.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I would like to thank everyone who participated in this thread/discussion and appreciate the lack of derail and trolling, everyone stayed on topic and genuinely tried to help in some manner! So kudos to that!

I still haven't nailed down the cause but I did find some fun stuff trying to do so...

I was snooping the DoD land about 20 miles northwest of my location (the direction of the sound) and found some interesting stuff in the "Artillery Range" I thought I would share here for kicks...

I'm assuming target practice jets for artillery? The runways look too "abandoned" to be functional enough to get these birds off the ground:

What appears to be a jet under camo-tarp or something similar...

And this wonderful gem...

anyway again thanks all for the discussion I haven't heard any more sounds (still listening) I'll report anything further here!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I've actually been able to find these strange noises, videos, on youtube. There are reports of this noise all over the world. I agree, it's very strange, but how come nobody can track down the origin of the noise? The noise itself is very distinct but not very legible for what it could be. Worth logging locations and possible connections with land mass or military installations.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I live in West Texas and I thought I was going crazy. I have heard the same sounds for the last 2 months. Then, tonight, I heard 2 loud "booms" one right after another. Then about an hour later I heard another one. They are so loud they shake my house. I ran outside to see if something exploded or something, but I never saw any plumes of smoke or anything.
And it's hard to tell where this noise is coming from. During the day I hear the very same noise you heard.
I thought I was going crazy and just hearing things.
Too many strange things are happening all at once!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Tunneling Equipment en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I heard this sound about 3 days ago in Kansas City. Looked all around not a plan in the sky. It almost reminded me of the sound I heard back when Peru had it's big earthquake. Not the two weeks of ringing either. More like the sound the Earth makes spinning though space.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Trying to find where you are looking, but some of the things I am finding are way more interesting.
But you should note that if you drew a line from around the airport north you end up at DIA, there should be tunnels that connect DIA to Peterson and from Peterson to Norad. I can give you a hint what I am looking at and it is way better hidden the DIA or any of the areas directly around the AFB and airport.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Sly1one

Trying to find where you are looking, but some of the things I am finding are way more interesting.
But you should note that if you drew a line from around the airport north you end up at DIA, there should be tunnels that connect DIA to Peterson and from Peterson to Norad. I can give you a hint what I am looking at and it is way better hidden the DIA or any of the areas directly around the AFB and airport.

lat: 38.458039°
long: -104.884924°

where are you looking at?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hi everyone,just reading up on the strange noise,i live in lampasas texas small town not near to any airports are anything to that nature,my daughter and i hear that rumbling noise all the time,she would ask me what is that noise and for the life of me i can't explain it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It could be the testing of the sound effect from when the giant holographic motherships appear around the world

On a more serious note, I live in England and not heard anything like that over here, very strange noise indeed!! I'm sure you will keep us posted if you hear any more and maybe if it comes from a different direction, Now that would be eerie!!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Awesome that you captured it. I've been reading the threads on this, but now after watching your vid and listening, my husband and I heard this same sound a few weeks ago, if that for a full 10-15 mins in our area. We are not really close to any military installations, Tobyhanna Depot is about 45 or so miles from our location, and it was an odd sound,.

Thank you for sharing and I support what you have done. Wish we just knew what it was as there was nothing in the skies that we could visibly see.

A_L

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

And this wonderful gem...

What's with the big ass hexagram/Star of David in this picture? Do you have any idea it's purpose, whether its some sort of aerial art or special part of the base?

Anyways, nice finds on the pictures. Since you are pretty close in the area of some seriously weird stuff, this is a great opportunity to rediscover your region and aspects of it you never knew about before.

By the way, have you discovered any news about possible fraking/mining/drilling equipment in the area? That's about the only "normal" explaination left that could be a possibility, of all the normal explainations I can think of. I still do not believe it is the sound of jets or planes, at least not conventional, known craft. And while the suggestion that it could be a grounded turbine engine running diagnostics on an airfield was certainly worth considering, I doubt it. Mainly because you have stated you lived in the area for 10 years, and given that this is a pretty routine proceedure, it would have been a normal and familiar sound. I've lived in an air base, in the Flight path of Sea Tac airport, and down the road from Boeing's 747 plant in Everett, and I do remember what such ground tests sound like. Given that you are over 25 miles from the nearest airport/airfield, this also seems unlikely.

Also, have you tried looking in the local papers/news reports, to see if anyone else reported this noise to an authority, and maybe discovered the source? It would be worth checking into, just to rule out any normal, mundane explainations. Who knows. Maybe it was some really bizarre and rare weather/atmospheric phenomenon that carried distant sounds from far away, or created some weird disturbance.

Of course, naturally, the fact that you live in Top Secret Underground Base Central is tantalizing to the conspiracist within. You do live in one of the most concentrated areas for high strangeness in the world, from paranormal phenomenon to weird secret govornment projects and facilities, so other, more exotic possibilities exist.

regardless, thanks for the update, and keep investigating this. Even if it turns out to be something pretty innocuous and normal, the experience and things learned while investigating will be worth it!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join