It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

please mods delete

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

edit on 19-10-2011 by InshaAllah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Could'nt you maybe try weaning her off them gradually,such as from 8-10 a day control the amount to 5,then 4.....

Failing that,medical help is needed,sounds like a serious medication to me,and sometimes prescription medicines can be more dangerous than illegal drugs IMO

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by InshaAllah

I can tell you from experience that if she keeps taking them so much that they will eventually quit giving her a high altogether because her body will be used to them, most amphetamines work like this, it IS just like meth, you get higher and higher and higher until it's a useless battle. The CRAZY thing is they actually make meth in prescription form that doctors can prescribe patients, this world is crazy. As for the percocets, also from experience, have a talk with her about her teeth rotting out, her liver not working right, losing the ability to dream for some time without the use of percocets, painful bowel movements, and the destruction of her own health and life. That might help....maybe.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Oh man...
Be more worried about the Percocet addiction than the Adderall. She will need some serious support to stop. She will have to WANT to stop, first. Taking them from her will surely drive a wedge between the two of you. Bluntly, and in no uncertain terms, tell her that you know she has a problem. She will probably freak out, get very angry, and not talk to you. Do not waver on this, regardless of how she reacts.

She should eventually start to question herself, "Am I really an addict...?"...she will also try and justify her use by any means necessary. She will probably alternate between these two states of mind for a while. This is going to be insanely difficult for both of you.

When/If she knows she has a problem and WANTS to quit, take her to NA. You can taper the medication if you want, but in the end it is still going to suck. Opiate withdrawals are no joke. They last far longer than you think, the Post Acute Withdrawals are not fun either. I will U2U you with more information, I don't want to get in trouble.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenObserver

losing the ability to dream

Is this why I do not dream anymore?

I take Vicodin x4 daily.

I have been unable to dream.

Could it be the medication?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Well that's a start. You got the wheels turning in her head. That is probably THE HARDEST thing to do. Good
stay strong, man. The way she is acting right now is NOT HER.

new topics

top topics

join