It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is bank of america charging me?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I opened a savings account with them a couple months ago, I only wanted to cash a check and I was in a rush, bank of America was the closest bank. They said all I had to do was keep $5 dollars in the acount and every thing would be fine. Well I did that, in fact I have not used the account since I cashed my first check. I just got a letter from financial services saying I owe them $80. Is their a fee I missed or they trying top rip me? I know I know I need to call them but I figer I should get some advice first.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Because they are being de-throned

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Because you are one of the "little" guys, with a small amount of YOUR money in their bank. They will rape the weak, and powerless first.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Close the account altogether.
Why help them,they don't care about you??

Its like being against animal cruelty but leaving your dog with a known animal abuser.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Standard operating procedure. I left them a couple years ago and found what I thought was a smaller ma and pop type bank here in KC and now I'm shopping for either a credit union or true ma and pop (1 location only) bank. UMB has charged me $3 a month for not having the required amount in one of my savings accounts and it slipped past me for 3 months. Last month when I was in I told the teller "I don't want to see this again so take whatever out of this check and apply to that account", and now a month later I've got another $3 charge. I went back in to the same teller and said "you told me that was the amount I needed and everything was good", after he made a phone call he told me in different words "tough s%$t."

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
I opened a savings account with them a couple months ago, I only wanted to cash a check and I was in a rush, bank of America was the closest bank. They said all I had to do was keep $5 dollars in the acount and every thing would be fine. Well I did that, in fact I have not used the account since I cashed my first check. I just got a letter from financial services saying I owe them $80. Is their a fee I missed or they trying top rip me? I know I know I need to call them but I figer I should get some advice first.

Don't they send you bank statements?
What's the monthly banking fee? If you've only been there for a couple of months, $80 is extremely high, the fees in Canada range from $4 per month to $35 per month ( pkgs with otherwise free debit, chequing, etc).

Average for a small account shouldn't be any more than $5 or $10 per month, considering I thought our banking fees up here cost more than the US

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
because you're just a dollar sign. as long as they can pay bonuses..ff u

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Must be one of their subsidiary branches like:

Bend offa America

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Because using your hard earned to gamble and award bonuses to big fatcat bankers isnt enough,they must have money set aside for the xmas party too!!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

I was with Bank of Amercia, and left them 20 years ago. I paid off my credit dept. I haven't bought anything on that credit card for over 5 months. I recieved a statement from them with $ 0000.00 every month no charge. Then the 6th month, I got a service fee charge of $ 37.50 for maintaing the account. I called them to cancel the card and I'm not going to pay that charge, and they said ok. They then sent me a final statement of around $150.00
for processing the termination of the card. I called and said no way to forget about it not going to pay. Then another statement next month with interest charges etc for the next 3 months. It took me another 6 months to get this cleared up. I haven't used another card since that happened. I only use a Credit Union bank with a Credit Card of that Credit Union I belong to. The Fed banks have to go period. Folks get into a Credit Union and do banking with them if you can.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

Don't they send you bank statements?
What's the monthly banking fee? If you've only been there for a couple of months, $80 is extremely high, the fees in Canada range from $4 per month to $35 per month ( pkgs with otherwise free debit, chequing, etc).

Average for a small account shouldn't be any more than $5 or $10 per month, considering I thought our banking fees up here cost more than the US

Banking fee? I was told nothing about a banking fee, just that I would have to keep $5 in the account. How can they charge you if your doing them a favor by giving them money for them to play with?

I know, I know I should have never got a account their in the first place. I dont know why I compromised. At the time I did not have a bank account, the back of my pay check said bank of america and I was under the impression that they would cash it with out having a account their because it had their name on it. I walked in and they told me I had to have a account. So I made one. I dont ever use the account I use a credit union.

But banking fee's? Really? For a savings account? How can you save if they charge you? How can they get any customers if other banks will keep your money for free?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT

the scam artists hide behind beaurocrats, two extra minutes of reading everything you sign your name on might save you months/years of litigation in the long run.

saving time by not reading contracts will cost you more time eventually.

and time usually means money

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT

the scam artists hide behind beaurocrats, two extra minutes of reading everything you sign your name on might save you months/years of litigation in the long run.

saving time by not reading contracts will cost you more time eventually.

and time usually means money

You are right, I have learned my lesson. Although im not going to give them a dime. I could just start by not sighing any thing presented by a large evil corperation like bank of america.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
$*%&§ banks!!

I have a business acount that I have kept even though I sold my business months ago. It has a few thousand in it, which I am holding onto because my accountant and the notary are still working on the details of switching over the business, and I will have to pay them. So I've had it in there, with no transactions of any sort, and the bank has been taking out about 70$ a month in charges!!!!

I went down there today and closed the account and took my money home, making sure to give my banker a good lecture about how criminal it is that I loan them MY money to play with for a while, and they charge ME for that!
(___________swear words gallore here) Friggin' crooks.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am going to tell you a trick that a good friend showed me. Anytime he sign's is name he signed it "dont agree" as they never check signatures against your ID. A few years ago he lost his job and could not pay his bills. As the creditors started calling him he asked to provide proof he signed an agreement with them. They did and he pointed out the signature and all was deleted. He even got out of a repo with this as well.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Dude move your money out of B of A. Use a local bank or credit union.

B of A is a zombie bank waiting for a double tap.

edit on 19-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join