It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America begged me to not to close my accounts - want to help?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
What you did, you did for yourself. I'm not disillusioned to think believe you care about me or others who use that bank. You made your move to protect your assists and nothing more. Suggesting otherwise is just bordering on looking for attention. Asking me or others to cater to you for free on what to say to individuals who you are displeased with isn't my concern. no star/flag.

I would point out that this poster is apparently from Canada, and our banking laws are somewhat different, anyway.

However, I made the move in 1984. I was treated shabbily by CIBC when I bought my first home, and transferred my accounts to a CU. Never looked back. On several occasions since, I have been approached by that bank for my personal and institutional accounts, and I tell them my story. It's real nice to look a bank manager in the eye and say "Sorry...you don't qualify"

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
I cant withdraw any money from my bank account because I have been in debt since I was a student and have an overdraft which Im never out of !
it sucks to be me but I really need to buckle down and not live beyond my means and just save until I can pay it back then close my bank account

That sucks, it's sad to hear stories like this, but at least you have an understanding of the fundamental issue - living beyond your means =b

It's possible to buckle down, it just takes some discipline and learning to live life a new way, which only makes ya stronger =)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The banks have a solution .Well I have some info that they want to make the cash ,100 bqq per note no matter the value

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well done! BoA's CEO said, "We have the right to make a profit."

Er, no, you don't. You can try to make a profit, but it is not a right. You have to compete for it just like any other business.

But we the consumer do have the right to tell them to go to hell, which you did. Good job!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by IshmaelKipling

So TPTB are behind a protest with the purpose of destroying everyone's life and that means the poor!!!??? This is Obama, Soros and others telling you to crash your economy!!!!! Don't crash your economy. You have nothing to replace it with. And no cooperation but too many guns!

There isn't hardly any capital or money in this artificial system!
edit on 20-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

Unity...quite frankly I'm getting bored with all your "the sky is falling, the sky is falling", posts. Yet in other threads, it's all love light and we're all one big happy family posts. Do you come to threads like this one, to work out your inner frustrations, that you can't post in the new age love fest threads?

The topic here is a message of strength and hope for the little people. Can't you celebrate that?

OT: To the OP. Thank You for an inspiring thread. From what I'm reading, it has touched a lot of people in a very positive way.

If you do nothing...everything stays the same. You have done a good something

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tripnman

I love hearing that people are getting wise and aren't being lazy about switching accounts. It really isn't as inconvenient as people make it out to be. In 2009, after the big banks got bailed out, I closed my Wells Fargo account and went with a local credit union, which also has my auto loan. Since then, my fiance' has closed her BofA account and came to my credit union and my friend closed his Wells Fargo account and went with a different local credit union and got some awesome rates to boot. It's not enough for just you to switch banks, you need to help spread the word.... that's how movements work.

Stand on your principles.

Good day.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Everything including these protests has been planned.

Elenin was called revelations 9 11, its name is 11/9.

End of Sept into Oct, there is a very rare, once in 10 000 years, astrological sign with Virgo giving birth to the planets, and the Sun, including the red dragon/mercury. Which is another abyss/revelation/return of the dragon/demigods who demanded sacrifice of old.

The end of Oct is the return of Quetzcoalt.

Its all been planned for this time, this month and the next one. It's apparently rigged to fan in to something more hostile. They want to crash the economy for good. They do need to in order to have NWO and a One World Government and Currency/Religion. Plus they want to eliminate alot of useless eaters.

US BANK MURAL. THERE ARE MANY OTHERS THAT GIVE CLUES.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Stop being pawns.

There are no shortcuts to changing this world. Stop being passive/aggressives, children who then throw temper tantrums, instead adults who work together forming councils and dealing with corruption and the problems, and meeting and negotiating like adults with this corrupt small selfish child group of controllers, growing real skills, and developing real grass roots cooperation and management and unity?

Of course that one takes work, but its the right way.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Flambookey

Though a credit union is fine, in my opinion there is unfortunately always a time when you need a bank as credit unions are restricted as they do not have the financial power to make loans upon loans where banks just borrow money of other banks to allow them to make loans (this may be different in the US).

I realise that it is not clear from my first post that I am not from the USA, I am from England and what is happening on the 5th of November has atteptedly happened numerous times across Europe, gaining recoginition and support from famous individuals. In the end none of these 'moving your money' protests has not made the slightest longterm impact.

I hope it does work in the states but when 1% control 99% of the wealth and these 1% wont be moving their money it seems a little futile.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Isn't the fact that this could cause such an issue THE ISSUE in the first place? It's free market and it's our money, we should be able to do business with whoever we choose and wherever we choose. It's just a matter of taking the $$$ and putting it somewhere else, it's still there... not like what major corporations are doing right now by moving all the $$$ and business along with thousands of jobs, outside of America...WTH?

caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com...
www.capemaycountyherald.com...

Some call the practice of moving a company abroad to avoid taxes "corporate inversion," while others deem these businesses “expatriate corporations.” Whichever term you prefer, the fact is that several successful American companies have moved their headquarters overseas in recent years to avoid hefty U.S. taxes.

www.focus.com...

While we pay more and more taxes, taxed and retaxed those that make record breaking profits are allowed to take the very jobs that we receive wages and pay taxes to the government from and move them to other countries strengthening their economy and crippling ours.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by UserUser

I can only hope that enough capital is moved to these locally owned banks and credit unions to possibly enable them to compete where loans are concerned. There is only one way to find out!! When it comes to loaning money big bankiing doesn't seem to be too keen on the idea anyway, or atleast since we bailed them out that is.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Everything including these protests has been planned.

Elenin was called revelations 9 11, its name is 11/9.

End of Sept into Oct, there is a very rare, once in 10 000 years, astrological sign with Virgo giving birth to the planets, and the Sun, including the red dragon/mercury. Which is another abyss/revelation/return of the dragon/demigods who demanded sacrifice of old.

The end of Oct is the return of Quetzcoalt.

Its all been planned for this time, this month and the next one. It's apparently rigged to fan in to something more hostile. They want to crash the economy for good. They do need to in order to have NWO and a One World Government and Currency/Religion. Plus they want to eliminate alot of useless eaters.

US BANK MURAL. THERE ARE MANY OTHERS THAT GIVE CLUES.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Stop being pawns.

There are no shortcuts to changing this world. Stop being passive/aggressives, children who then throw temper tantrums, instead adults who work together forming councils and dealing with corruption and the problems, and meeting and negotiating like adults with this corrupt small selfish child group of controllers, growing real skills, and developing real grass roots cooperation and management and unity?

Of course that one takes work, but its the right way.

Interesting post, reinhardt predicts the market crashing next week, and he predicted sep 15 2008 in advance by 2 months.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree we should have a grassroots organization whose mission is to unify the people in a way to work together, but that would take massive work... and by the time you represent a serious threat to the establishment you will most likely be labeled a terrorist. Just my opinion and I will continue to think of ways with the best outcome for the people, but nothing comes to mind as of yet
edit on 20-10-2011 by Philippines because: meant to add a link

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I have simularily decided to stop using Chase as my banking entity because of trying to transfer 'in bank' funds. I got the usual song and dance making it very time consuming and difficult to do. Come on, I was transfering 'online' from my Chase account to my Brothers 'Chase' account, and it became a drama. I'm done. Granted I receive a government dirrect deposit every month 'SSDI' into Chase, but with out the access to a live teller or branch, I'v decided a local bank would be much better to deal with, also keeping my money within the commuity. I think you will see 'BANK HOLIDAYS' soon with the mega-big banks here in the US, and, at times your funds, un-accessable. I used to have a BOA acct. but one such incident many years ago where I deposited 'CASH' into my account and was unable to access the ATM for funds, which by the way made for a hungry weekend, decided my mind against doing further business with BOA. Curious thing, when the teller asked why I was closing my account, I just told her, it was the 'usual' reason, verbatum, she just smile/smirked in recognition, and closed out my account and gave me my cash. At the time I was making middle class wages, and was no millionare, so it mattered not to BOA, but as the tide of small people who close their accounts with them increases dramatically, I believe they will be in a panic. So be it, no more Big Three for me. Wells Fargo was similarily closed for similar reasons. I will only bank locally now for those reasons, and the ability to see an actual HUMAN to iron out problems as they arise.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wait a minute... November 5th is a Saturday... How will people be able to close their accounts on that date? Last I remember banks are closed on Saturday, or maybe it's a half day. I haven't been to a US bank in many years lol

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

wayouttheredude started a great thread on the solution. .....October 16-20 is International Co-op week - so why is November 4 "bank Transfer" day?

Bank Transfer Chatter Goes Global Credit Unions Surging

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

www.cutimes.com

Credit unions across the land are “seizing this marketing opportunity”, as CUNA officials put it Tuesday, to take advantage of the favorable industry media coverage following the announcement of Bank of America’s $5 monthly debit fee.

There also appeared to be stepped-up online chatter—even spreading internationally on blogs and Twitter—about the so-called “Bank Transfer Day” Nov. 5 when consumers are exhorted to move their funds from large banks to CUs and community banks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripnman
reply to post by getreadyalready

Don't forget that with fractional reserve banking, the big banks loan out every dollar on deposit 10:1 and make a majority of their profits from the usury associated with those loans. So, for that $25 balance, you've taken away their ability to loan out $250. Do that across 1,000 accounts and we've pulled $250,000 from their derived capitalization. Sure, still a drop in the bucket considering the 6.5 billion dollar profit BoA posted last quarter, but every drop counts. Enough of them will be a flood.

If this were true then america would have the inflation of argentina shortely before it collapsed; something like 800% per year. Do people see how ridiculous this assertion is? Fractional Reserve banking simply means they can loan out 90% of the deposited money or borrowed money from the FED! They cannot loan out more than that unless the ratio changes by government regulation.

The difference between the interest they pay in a checking or savings account and the interest they charge you for a loan, is their main profit avenue. Secondary income is the fee train and this is what really pisses off lots of people. Some banks even charge customers for speaking to a bank employee or did they change that?

Another thing that really pisses me off is that banks are in cahoots with the IRS and any time you deposit or withdraw $10,000 or more they start getting all nervous by asking you for documentation to see if you paid all your taxes and that the money is not ill gotten from black market deals. The banks are the bitch of the corporate government!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
OFF-TOPIC: News Breaking...Qaddafi is dead. Rebels got him.

ETA: 3 threads already here on ATS...news appears to be 4 hrs old. Sorry for my Off-T post

edit on 20-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Anyone?

.....October 16-20 is International Co-op week - so why is November 4 "bank Transfer" day?

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

www.cutimes.com

Credit unions across the land are “seizing this marketing opportunity”, as CUNA officials put it Tuesday, to take advantage of the favorable industry media coverage following the announcement of Bank of America’s $5 monthly debit fee.

There also appeared to be stepped-up online chatter—even spreading internationally on blogs and Twitter—about the so-called “Bank Transfer Day” Nov. 5 when consumers are exhorted to move their funds from large banks to CUs and community banks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
An eloquent, intelligent and interesting post. Thanks for sharing.
This is the kind of action that will make your complaints heard.
When the money starts walking out the door, you bet they'll listen.
Well done, you

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Good post. I did the same thing several years ago as I started noticing how corrupt the banking system was. I didn't have nearly a grocery bag's worth of money, so my experience was a little different. When I went to close my account, the greeter came and asked what I was there for and directed me to another representative who would help me close my account. The guy helping me was pretty young and obviously thought of himself as a charmer because he felt comfortable enough to mock me openly for wanting to close my account.

"Why would you want to close your bank account? Do you have another bank?"
-"No I don't have another bank, and that is because I think banks like BofA are unethical."

"So what you're going to put your money under your mattress?"
-"Maybe. What difference does it make to you? I am closing my account either way."

"What is so unethical about BofA?"
-"Fractional reserve banking for one. The tactics used ensure that people incur fees. The list goes on. It might be better to ask what is ethical about BofA."

At that point the guy had figured out that he was getting nowhere, and he was obviously not going to listen to the legitimate grievances I could have listed out for him. My account was closed, and I did end up going to a local credit union a few months later. I am not convinced that credit unions are significantly better than banks; they are still way off from the Islamic model of banking, which I would say is the closest thing to ethical banking.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

They were probably begging because they're held to a quota each day, and I bet you nearly cost the associate her job. That's why they wanted it in writing.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join