It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank of America begged me to not to close my accounts - want to help?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

What if those people don't have anything significant to withdraw? I don't think a bank would notice if I moved my $15 or $20 average balance somewhere else. (SNIP) But back to the point, I deposit about $7000 per month, but it goes immediately back out to bills (I'm over indebted obviously), so moving my account when the average daily balance is so low would not make much difference.

But what if you moved that $15-20 a month balance, told some friends what you were doing, gave them information on credit unions (something we obviously agree about), and each of them did the same thing...and not be a a shampoo commercial, but so on and so on. Now your $20 is really much more.

I have no problem with people protesting whatever they want (except funnerals) but I certainly believe that change is much more viable and evident with the above scenario than standing in a park. One way you show your dispeassure with words. The other, you show with action.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by usernameconspiracy

I totally agree with moving the money, no matter how little, and also on educating friends and family to do the same thing. The protest is kind of an extension of that education isn't it? Once you have moved your money, and all of your friends and family's money, why not go downtown and hold a sign to educate strangers?

Protesting Funerals is an odd thing. I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders from time to time, and I despise those WBC folks, and anyone else that would pick on a grieving family. BUT, I don't want to see the government take away their right to do so. I would like to see local law enforcement turn a blind eye when "natural consequences" happen.
Protest the funeral, take your beat down like a man, and move on. No need for government involvement, we can work this out amongst ourselves.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Do not provide the Manager the reasons! You did what you had a right to do with your money!

BoA knows damn well the reasons, this Manager is trying to save herself because likely the "memo" they all got said "Under no circumstances let any Accounts close!"

I would turn a blind-eye to them! They are at fault here and they know what they are doing!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Oh, I agree but here's how I see it - if I put together a well composed list of current news stories, facts and statistics to back up the reason for my action, and it get's sent up the chain, we may have an opportunity to expose the fraud to a larger number of people inside the ivory tower. If we can make enough of them pause and think, we're making headway.

Besides, I'm committed now. I told the manager I would, and I live up to my promises.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I am closing my BoA accounts this week. I am setting up accounts with local S&L bank to get my direct deposit set up, then I am closing my accounts.

My issues started with BoA early last year. I have a credit card through them. Ever see the commercial with the jingle "not your charge, not your problem"? Well bull#! I had ordered some merchandise online, and started getting weekly charges with different amounts every week charged to my card. I wanted to close my credit card and get a new number issued. They wouldn't let me. I was furious! Not to mention the fact that even after I notified them of the un-authorized charges past the initial charge, they wouldn't release the credit for those charges until it was verified. I can't tell you how many calls, and hours I spent on the phone over those damn charges...and fighting for my balance to be cleared up so I had available credit to use. HATE, hate, HATE BoA. I can't wait to finally be free of them!

Editing to add...I was told as long as I had direct deposit I would be waived for the monthly "service charge"...well on my statement this month I had a $12 charge.

edit on 19-10-2011 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Done and done, one more step for me... is the actual closing of the account.

Been pulling out money or just using it to pay bills from the BOA account, switched to a credit union, set up direct deposit on that. Now when my balance gets under $100 (not far off, everything else is at the CU) I'm going to go and close my own account at last. I've been meaning to do this for awhile as well...

My reason for doing this is that they don't treat people fairly. The new debit card fees, and the non stop constant spam... getting 3 of the same letters a week asking me to sign up for their credit card, calls every day trying to sell us some new feature for our accounts.... it's just an all-out advertising campaign war against their clients. They just bombard people with this stuff.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Nicely executed my friend.

Although I'm not in the same cash-volume class as you are, here's my BoA 'rant' I wrote about 2 weeks ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure if it'll help your particular cause but it was therapeutic for me to share! I am done with BoA and although I know I didn't personally affect them in any way, I hope your actions (vicariously) did.... for me!

Thanks for your thread

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripnman

Yep. Follow through. Be something the megalocorps cannot be. Be honest and forthright.

Only one caution. Don't get caught up in a back and forth debate. Even if they removed the fees, and even if they improved their customer service, they would still be a global institution that takes deposits from one locale and then makes loans somewhere else entirely unconnected. It has become important to do business with people that will also do business with you. We cannot continue to give our hard-earned money to folks that will run off and spend it overseas. We need our money to be leveraged in our own community. If they want to leverage $1 into $14, that is fine, but put those $14 back into this town! Don't take it overseas.

So, supply the info requested, but don't get caught up in a debate. This is more like an ultimatum than a debate.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed - no debate here. Even the conversation I had with the banker yesterday was rather one sided. She listened to my concerns, made simple rebuttals here and there that I was able to easily counter and in the end - I still walked out with my cash.

Much like the folks in Washington who have no $&^@ clue what's really going on, I think that many inside the banks also have their heads in the sand. I hope to show at least one the light. Who knows? Maybe I can get this BoA manager to join me at the CU and I'll get the member referral! LOL.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

And with that, you did more than 1,000 protesters will ever do sitting around in a park, carrying an ambiguous sign to effect change.

What have you done?(Not trying to be mean lol) I think it's great people are protesting. The word is getting out. And, it seems as though change is on the way!

Don't mean to derail this thread but...'change'? Like Obama's "change"?

What's going to 'change'?

They might reconsider their swipe fees which will merely put us back to where we are currently!
I don't understand what "change' people think is going to take place!

Every other house here in Palm Beach county is either for sale, for rent or foreclosed. And guess what? Mole and mildew are infiltrating these empty properties. Soon they'll be demolished. Rendered, uninhabitable.
So I guess that could be considered 'change' All I know is there are so many homeless and unemployed people here who could surely utilize these empty houses, to regroup, while this whole world, waits for this 'change'.

Here's the news-flash 'change'.
The 'change' is, more people now realize there will NEVER be any change until and unless this debt accruing/ fiat making/global siphoning system ends! And the only way I see that happening is with an asteroid!

Sorry OP. I needed to unload. Thanks for the venue!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

We had bank of america thank god we got out about a year ago. We went with a locally owned small community credit union. ran by local busines and families. best bank i ever had.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by Human_Alien

Sorry OP. I needed to unload. Thanks for the venue!

No problem HA. Thanks for sharing your other rant, I read through that one and can definitely pick up some lines to be used in my message to BoA. Now however I'm going to go back over to your thread and post stories about my dog, not to derail it or anything.

Joking - joking.

With the Bloomberg story yesterday that is currently featured in a post on the top of ATS about BoA moving $75 Trillion in European derivatives into on-shore FDIC insured accounts and the follow up today about the possibility of Chapter 11, it looks like we don't have much time left. Tell everyone you know - if they are in BoA, get out now.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
nov 5th should turn out to be my best birthday ever....it took 35 years but finally someone else will be getting shafted on my bday....lol

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I think your letter would be sent to a "higher up" but for the "sheeple" in the "steeple" to see this and know they work for the Devil himself they will not see it!

Besides, this is something that would ultimately end up in your personal Dossier and we all know that a microchip implant is coming! Best to steer clear of that list of "combatants" if you can!

Good luck! I know, if anyone wants to know how we all really feel they only need to look at ATS! LOL
They will come knocking here too I am sure!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Great thread, thanks for posting!

Can I suggest once you've compiled your letter, could you post it here?
We can then, copy, paste & email friends who can add their signatures, to eventually be forwarded to the bank.

Great job again!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well done, excellent, never accept cheques ask for the cash, I agree with you completely.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
TBH, you don't have to give them any reason, it's your cash and you can do what you want with it, it's none of their business anymore. I'm just going to say I'm changing banks because they have hot women working at the Credit Union!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
So, you walked out of a bank today with a grocery bag full of cash? Stacks of little bundles you say? Ok, here's the thing... Can I have just ONE of those bundles of cash if I can give you a good reason and explain my situation? Sorry.. I'm just trying to get my 20 posts in, and I don't have a bank account so I had to say something, and we all know how the economy is doing and we can all use a helping hand... I'll have to ask you to forgive me for becoming giddy at the prospect of a stranger with a bagfull of cash tossing me a stack to solve all my problems!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
That Lawsuit going on with BOA and those mortgages....can you imagine if the Judge ruled BlackRock orchestrated the faulty loan program?

And held BlackRock liable for all those losses?

Lots and lots of little old ladies would lose their life savings.

History repeats itself...those little old ladies are going to get screwed. Money's got to be taken from somebody over this scandal.....they're the only ones with money left to take.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
So, you walked out of a bank today with a grocery bag full of cash? Stacks of little bundles you say? Ok, here's the thing... Can I have just ONE of those bundles of cash if I can give you a good reason and explain my situation? Sorry.. I'm just trying to get my 20 posts in, and I don't have a bank account so I had to say something, and we all know how the economy is doing and we can all use a helping hand... I'll have to ask you to forgive me for becoming giddy at the prospect of a stranger with a bagfull of cash tossing me a stack to solve all my problems!

Wow, you saw the cash from across the Internet! That is amazing! You shouldn't worry about money, I promise it will all "go away" soon! I am serious about that!

I don't have a bank account either and I refuse checks or MO's! LOL

I love your effort man! Keep your head high and don't let a piece of paper rule you!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join