It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are The Real Players, and is OWS Aware of Them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Morning, ATS.

I have been looking into this OWS movement, and following it since it began.

First of all, I'm very happy that it is occurring. I heartily agree that the wealth of this Nation is wrongly going overseas or into already deep pockets. I agree that Banksters are corrupt and pay corrupt lawmakers to make their mistakes "go away."

I am in complete harmony with the ideas that the Government and the Uber-rich are conspiring to keep the working classes at heel (which IMO includes even the 6-figure-earners who go to work every day and are by definition part of the upper percentile).

But today I did a little independent searching and examining of numbers and names and group attendees and rich people, and was surprised at what I found.

CNN Money published a list of the highest paid 25 men (presumably in the US). money.cnn.com...

I took that list, which reports compensation totals for those 25 men, and I did a little mini-study.

First I looked at their GENERAL DEMOGRAPHY.

Every one of them is a Caucasian, save one, who is a dark-complected Indian with the surname Kurian (#18). First name is Thomas. Not very Indian.
Irani (#4 on the list), is also a Zoroastrian Indian invented name (apparently). His complexion is quite pale, though his eyes have a Persian or Middle-Eastern appearance.

Okay, so. Meh.

Next, I looked at their EMPLOYERS.

NOT EVEN ONE of them works for a bank. Nope! Not one.

ONE is a mortgage and real estate development firm. NVRinc.
TWO are investment funds: GAMCO, and BLACKROCK.
ONE is a shopping mall dealer.
ONE leases airplanes to emerging-market Airlines, none of which are in the US. Mostly Asian/Eastern European.
TWO of them work for a Copper and Gold dealer called Freeport-McMoran
ONE sells Tools: Stanley Black & Decker
ONE sells Baby gear: Gymboree
ONLY ONE is an Oil company: Occidental Petrolium

The rest are Software companies (Oracle-databases, Apple-duh, McKesson-health care records IT), or Entertainment companies (Viacom, CBS, Directv, Comcast, Zynga, Discover). And of those, positions #1 and #25 are men at Viacom and Apple, respectively.

Thirdly, I looked up the Bilderberg group attendees for 2011.
Guess how many of these 25 men attended? I'll answer that one later...just to keep the tension going...

Fourth, I looked at thei actual surnames to determine ancestry/heritage. Only 2 of them had German-Jewish names. None had purely Jewish names. The majority are Western European or UK names.

So much for ethnicity or racial conspiracy. Actually, I had expected to find lots of Jewish names, or possibly lots of German names, which would have given me a conspiratorial edge from which to suggest that " the real players are of German descent and are quietly stringing the Jewish bankers up for lynching." But that was not what I discovered.

Now, if one imagines how this issue of OWS, the Banks, the Government, the Bilderbergers, the Mil-Plex, and rampant corruption all ties together, there are really only a few connections I can make from the piddly data I have. Okay, maybe Stanley Black & Decker are contractors for the Military. I don't know. And perhaps the Air Lease Corp also contracts with the government in a shady sort of way. Occidental Petroleum, sure, there is a likelihood that they could be Govt contractors as well.

But how do CBS, Viacom, Directv, Apple, CBS all fit in? I looked into whether any of them own Youtube (no), or Fox (no), or CNN (no). So could it be somehow they are still manipulating the MSM to exonerate themselves and publicly lynch the banksters? I don't see it.

Why would Google agree to block Youtube video of the OWS coverage? Maybe the government has threatened them with heavy-duty regulations? Or a charge of treason? It's possible, I guess. Sad, though, cause Google's start-up mission statement was "Don't be Evil."

Anyhoo, I don't know if anyone here is even interested in piecing together what we see happening...aside from myself.

The one other item of note I considered was from bloomberg:

Top Income in U.S. is...Gasp!...Wash. D.C. Area

Federal employees whose compensation averages more than $126,000 and the nation’s greatest concentration of lawyers helped Washington edge out San Jose as the wealthiest U.S. metropolitan area, government data show.

The U.S. capital has swapped top spots with Silicon Valley, according to recent Census Bureau figures, with the typical household in the Washington metro area earning $84,523 last year. The national median income for 2010 was $50,046.

The figures demonstrate how the nation’s political and financial classes are prospering as the economy struggles with unemployment above 9 percent and thousands of Americans protest in the streets against income disparity, said Kevin Zeese, director of Prosperity Agenda, a Baltimore-based advocacy group trying to narrow the divide between rich and poor.

www.bloomberg.com...

So. This giant gap between the classes is perhaps not being aimed at a very appropriate target: Federal employees. ETA: AND LAWYERS. Cool, yeah, the CEOs, the Bankers, the Legislators, the WS Investment sharks, the Fed Reserve: all are parties to be held accountable. But Federal Employees are being paid THAT MUCH? NOW I'm pissed.

It kind of puts a whole new spin on the thing.

Oh, and the answer to how many of the top 25 are Bilderberg attendees?
ZERO.

What do you make of this, ATS?

edit on 19-10-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You got this one from CNN. Okay nice one dude.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by altiark

I didn't get "this one" from CNN. I got part of it from CNN. Part from Bloomberg. Part from Wikipedia. Part from Surname information websites. Part from stock pages and websites of the companies named.
What's your point?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
OWS'ers don't want truths and facts confronting them, they only want a Komrade with a bullhorn to tell them where to vent.
You would have been severely mic checked out of their zombie chanting mobs with that information.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There is a common denominator in many if not most (I only checked a few at random) of those listed.
I've mentioned the name many times on different threads. Do a Google on that name along with the company/person in question from the list. A good search enquiry is share holder.... sometimes they're majority, sometimes minority, but they're there....

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I believe the names of the highest paid individuals in the country are hidden from us.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

I'm as pissed as the next guy at the Banksters. Anyone who's read my posts knows how much I loathe Jamie Dimon and the big banks, and how corrupt, evil, and greedy they are.

I'm just wondering...do these top-rich CEOs put their money in those banks? Or are the banks just rogue criminals who commit crimes behind the backs of everyone? Should ODC be held as well? Politicians and lawyers have just surpassed IT firms' salary brackets.

I'm just wondering how it all ties together, and whether the people who actually weild all this wealth are somehow , perhaps with Government players' help, orchestrating Wall Street (though some of them certainly work there) and the Big Banks to take the fall? Not even Buffet or Soros are on that list! Not Rothschild, not Rockefeller, not Dimon, not Trump or Murdoch...I just think it's weird.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Its not about actual people. its about corporate profits going untaxed.
Or taxed very little, corporations wont show up on your list of richest people. The richest people we have no idea who they are.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I think you may be right on. The list came from "Fortune" magazine. It was just odd that none of the names rang a bell with me after MONTHS of searching everything I could get my hands on about the state of the economy.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Your research came at a good time. Yesterday I attended a mandatory class at the Museum of Tolerance in LA and during the tour, the conversation of OWS came up. The person giving the tour stated that the majority of the OWS movement were being racist towards Jews due the fact that they were once again blaming the Jewish Bankers for the problems going on. He began calling them communists and neo nazis. I thought it was a bit too much, but now seeing your list that the majority are not of Jewish descent is interestings. I too, thought you would be seeing more Jews.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

It didn't say they were the "richest". Clearly they aren't. It just sad they were the "top paid" for 2010. Big diff.
I realize it's about corporate taxes and outsourcing. None of these people even work for the Guilty Parties that are being stoned. Just sayin'.

Not that I think OWS is wrong, I think it's a great effort.

I'm ready for the big meltdown, myself. I just hope ALL of those responsible are punished, shamed, and imprisoned.

top topics

join