It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book Recommendations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I've been toying with the idea of posting this thread for a while, as I'm sure it comes up every now and then, but...

What are some good readings on the topics of UFOs and Aliens?
Would you go for the classic "Communion" or something else?

Why I really started this thread though, is that a couple of months ago a document was recommended to me written by someone, whose father was a Native American, and it was how his father and his tribe had been visited by aliens. It was pretty popular, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it.

Thanks for your help!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lapzod

The Terra Papers. Here's the link:
www.jordanmaxwell.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lapzod

I think Whitley Strieber has a new one out or due out soon.

I don't recall the name.

If anyone has read it, I'd be interested in their responses to it, a brief review.

Has Jacques Vallee published anything new in recent years?

I like Guy Malone, Jim Mars and L.A. Marzulli on the topic, myself.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
That's it! Thank you very much.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
i would recommend the majestic documents website, its purported to be leaked documents of the history of the u.s. govts involvement with the et subject, some people think the docs are fake and some people think theyre real, like most things on this subject its up to the individual whether they think it is or not, btw some of the docs have been found at the national archives which proves beyond a reasonable doubt that at least those were real, anyway heres a link www.majesticdocuments.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lapzod

Here's a good reading list.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope it helps. =)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Vallee published Wonders in the Sky about a year ago. It covers reports of UFOs prior to 1947. I haven't got around to reading it yet, but it's Vallee so it should be good.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I've read cover to cover Richard Dolan's book..."UFOS's and The National Security State vol 1"

I highly recommend it, it is an extremely thorough analysis on the actions of world governments, and UFO reports from the 40's to the early 70's.

I am currently reading John E. Mack M.D.'s "Abduction, Human Encounters With Aliens"
Also VERY good. Mack was a Harvard professor and also a Pulitzer Prize winner, he's no nut, but presents one of the best reads ever on alien abduction.

Check either of those books out, you won't be disappointed. Both are intelligent, logical, they don't do a ton of speculation, and when they do, they don't try and pass it off as anything more than speculation. Probably my 2 favorite reads in this field.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I just read a book called The Pennine UFO by Jenny Randles. Excellent read on how the Pennine region of the UK has UFO activity dating back many years. For those that know the Pennines it is basically the hill country spine of Britain and is moorland with many of the industrial towns on its edges. The region is well known to me and many of my encounters with the UFOs happened in the Pennine zone.

Jenny Randles read is excellent, some of the accounts are fascinating. The only bit that sort of sounds a bit off the radar is the conclusion (following interviews with abductees) that the crafts are being piloted by the same person - his name being Joseph lol! Made me laugh but hey I seen those same lights and craft so who knows? Joseph is the pilot? Recommend the book btw

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Books about Tesla should lead up to all you want to know about
aliens and UFOs. I doubt the reconstructions of the times of Tesla
can be done any better than by Lyne as the history of electricity
by Whitaker left out Tesla and how all the theories of cosmic forces
could not be completed with out Tesla and the atomic bomb took
precedence. However the work of Tesla resulting in the ships said
to be from outer space is a good read and full of conspiracy tales.
Lyne: "Pentagon Aliens"

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lapzod

INTO the FRINGE by Karla Turner

www.amazon.com...

You can probably find this book free on line on SCRIBD or a PDF. It should be online somewhere.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lapzod

A good place to start is Isaac Koi's Website (under construction) where he has put together a Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack. The pack contains links to free books on UFOs and lots of the most important documents pertaining to the topic.

He has posted the pack on ATS. However, I'm not sure whether he can update the one on ATS.

Free UFO Researcher Starter Pack

I like Timothy Good's books as they document so many cases. I don't agree with every conclusion he draws but the guy has some contact VERY high up in the military and secret service.

His most recent work is Need to Know: UFOs, the Military, and Intelligence.

This has to be one of the best books on this subject. Included within are 431 pages of secret official documents and the complete cover-up of UfO sightings that our government and other governments have hidden for years. If you read no other UFO book this year this is the one you need to read. You will be fascinated by the inside look at the subject of flying saucers that the military and the insiders of the military/industrial complex have seen and hidden for all of these years. Included are the inner workings of the CIA, the Magic 12 papers and the Roswell incident that you will not hear about anywhere else. The secrets that the military/industrial complex has tried to suppress and the inner workings of all countries have shared are enclosed in this fact based and comprehensive book that the average citizen never hears about.
SOURCE: A UFO Digest Book Review - 11th February 2008: By Art Champoux

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Some excellent books in there, I'd highly recommend looking at that list.

While the majestic docs are hotly debated, they do provide an interesting read. I once put together a timeline for the MJ-12 history, if you want to check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lapzod

Leslie Kean UFO: Generals, and Government Officials Go (Paperback - Aug 2, 2011)

I recently have read this book...I enjoyed it because it is a modern book on the topic and it talks about cases that can only be confirmed by someone who is high up in the government....most of the cases you have probably heard of...it has a great section on the 2006 O'Hare sighting. If you have a read a few books id go with this one.

Edit: Oh one other thing...I would stay away from Richard Hoagland....I read one of his books called Dark Mission...it is so tempting to want to read books from this guy...they sound so amazing, but I really had a hard time believing in what they were selling...I would save these kind of books for the very end once you have read everything else first.

edit on 19-10-2011 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
May I suggest, just as Xtraeme suggested, but I would put it at the top of the must read list:

The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects, by Edward J. Ruppelt

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
"Penetration" by Ingo Swan and "Ringmakers of saturn" by Norman Bergrun. Both available in pdf if you look around. Interesting stuff! Anything written on this board by sleeper also known as Lou Baldin is also really really mind challenging content although considered by most people to be on the fringe.

Also, thanks for providing the above link to the very extensive list. I was aware of it.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

For some reason i cant open up the links, they are all showing me "the web adress is not valid" is there something i'm doing wrong?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

A while back the ATS staff decided to disallow tinyurl web addresses. So for any of the links that look like this:

http://cjf466/

That don't have a .com or a normal URL format, just take the alpha-numeric string (i.e. cjf466) and append it to,

http://tinyurl.com/

Like so,

http://tinyurl.com/cjf466

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Oops. The review I cited earlier in the thread is of an older Tim Good book, not Need to know. Sorry about that to anyone who bothers reading my posts.

I'm sure you get the gist though....

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by BO XIAN

Vallee published Wonders in the Sky about a year ago. It covers reports of UFOs prior to 1947. .

MUCH APPRECIATED.

I think his scientific perspective on assessing the critters as evil spiritual beings is unique in the history of the phenomena.

I think he's quite soberingly serious about truth and objectivity as well as candid about the facts typically.

And, I hope it gets lots of attention. Will have to look it up. Thanks Big.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join