It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's Supreme Leader Warns Ahmadinejad's Post Could Be Removed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Iran's Supreme Leader Warns Ahmadinejad's Post Could Be Removed

TEHRAN, Iran – In the ongoing political skirmishes among Iran's leadership, it was the equivalent of bringing out the heavy ammunition: The country's most powerful figure warning that the post of elected president could someday be scrapped.

Although no overhauls appear on the immediate horizon after Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei's comment -- he spoke only vaguely about possibilities in the "distant future" -- the mere mention of eliminating Iran's highest elected office shows the severity and scope of the power struggle between Khamenei and President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

For months, the ruling theocracy has been piling pressure on Ahmadinejad and arresting his allies for attempts to challenge the near-absolute authority of the cleric-ruled system that has controlled Iran since the 1979 Islamic Revolution. The blunt words by Khamenei on Sunday suggest a twofold agenda: Further tightening the lid on Ahmadinejad and showing others in the wings that Iran's rulers are ready to take drastic measures to protect what's theirs.

"There is bad blood," said Mehrzad Boroujerdi, who follows Iranian affairs at Syracuse University. "Khamenei is trying to make it very clear that the system can only handle so much discord and that he holds the stronger cards."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The plot thickens in the Middle East. Lots of stuff going on and now this issue once again making it into the light. Part of me wonders if this might have anything to do with the assasination fiasco. Provided that assasination plot is real, its possible the order to carry it out came from Ahmadenijad. He has contatcs in that area, coming up through the ranks himself.

I know there has been discussions about Ahamdenijad attempting to elevate his office to that of being equal with the Ayatollahs. If the Quds force only answers to the Ayatollah, this might be Ahmadenijads way of discrediting him. It would be even more effective if Iran was attacked because of it. It would create a nasty rift in the country for sure.

There is also the possibility that Ahmadenijad pushed the quds into doing it without the Ayataollhs permission, and we are seeing what one result may be.

Thoughts?
edit on 19-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

...showing others in the wings that Iran's rulers are ready to take drastic measures to protect what's theirs.

Yes.

"Drastic"

?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by weKNOWtheSECRETSoftheFED

I know Irans legislative body was demanding answers from Ahmadenijad on various topics. A few months back Ahmadenoijad disappeared for 3-5 days, which was never explained.

At one point there were hints of a possible coup in the making...

who knows..

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
but... if you work it out, that role of president puts him 14th in command.. if you look at the bigger picture, it will actually make little or no difference, if they do away with it..

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
but... if you work it out, that role of president puts him 14th in command.. if you look at the bigger picture, it will actually make little or no difference, if they do away with it..

Its the one position that is elected by direct vote of the people. Iran is a Republic (according to them) so it kind of runs counter to that.

Its always possible that office was posing a threat to the clerical rule in terms of day to day operations of the country. Ahmadenijad fired the intelligence and if I remeber right the Judicial minister, only to have the Ayatollah reinstate them.

The Middle East is just plain getting goofy.. Its almost like wtahcing the Act 5 badguy scene out of Hamlet.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Of course they want to remove him

He is going to get them all killed in Iran
Planning terrorists attacks on USA soil
by sending highly trained hit men to kill
an ambassador of Saudi Arabia!!

He says he is going to kill all the jews!

He says he will terrorize the USA and kill all of us!!

You can only talk the talk for so long before you have
to back it up..

This douche bag has been talking so much # it is time
for him to back it up or get out..

Someone said he was just a puppet, but I believe he is more
like the Hitler of our time.

Thank you

~PopsMayhem

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

no disrespect to you, but do you actually know anything about hitler? other than them both (apparently) hating jews that comparison is rather ridiculous..

and op your reply to me.. i do agree somewhat with what you say

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon

no disrespect to you, but do you actually know anything about hitler? other than them both (apparently) hating jews that comparison is rather ridiculous..

and op your reply to me.. i do agree somewhat with what you say

What the hell do you think he would do to the JEWS and Americans if he could
get his hands on them? Send us ALL to a gas chamber thats what!!

The only difference between him and hitler now IS the threat of a NUCLEAR bomb
blowing his dumb little head off!!!

They want to remove him because he is becoming TOO powerful.
To take a little steam off Iran.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Its the one position that is elected by direct vote of the people.

After the Guardian Council and the Ayatollah confirm the candidates (Article 110). No one can run for a first Presidential term without the support of both, or re-election without the support of the Guardian Council. Half the Guardian Council is appointed by the Ayatollah, so the majority of the Council will probably reflect his thinking. So it's a direct vote, as long as you were planning on voting for the clerics' candidate. And the elections themselves are of questionable legitimacy, too.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

What the hell do you think he would do to the JEWS and Americans if he could
get his hands on them? Send us ALL to a gas chamber thats what!!

The only difference between him and hitler now IS the threat of a NUCLEAR bomb
blowing his dumb little head off!!!

They want to remove him because he is becoming TOO powerful.
To take a little steam off Iran.

ok.. i see now that was your comparison..

btw cool avatar..
edit on 19/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

It does not mater what there hatred for anyone is over..

It is hatred!!!

Hatred to kill innocent people!

I would love to see Ahmadinijad go but I do not think
that will solve the problem. I doubt he gets removed.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Careful with the Jews comment bro, he hates Zionists, not Jews.
Secondly, he is nothing like hitler, that's a stupid comparison fox news would love to spout. Hitler acted on his words... he demanded slavery and acceptance. Ahmadinejad is asking for open debate, challenging 911 and going against American imperialism. Sounds like a fair deal to me, aren't we all against those things.
As for the Saudi assassination crap we r yet to see any proof.. anything damning.. so i can't comment on that but im pretty sure ahmadinejad is just a ayotolla stooge, and this game of internal conflict is to convince the west iran are weak. They would never... never publically display such internal squabbling.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Careful with the Jews comment bro, he hates Zionists, not Jews.

personally i stand corrected, you are right.. i retract my above statement

Secondly, he is nothing like hitler, that's a stupid comparison fox news would love to spout. Hitler acted on his words... he demanded slavery and acceptance. Ahmadinejad is asking for open debate, challenging 911 and going against American imperialism. Sounds like a fair deal to me, aren't we all against those things.
As for the Saudi assassination crap we r yet to see any proof.. anything damning.. so i can't comment on that but im pretty sure ahmadinejad is just a ayotolla stooge, and this game of internal conflict is to convince the west iran are weak. They would never... never publically display such internal squabbling.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad's post could be removed?

Is Iran's supreme leader a mod on ATS?
Is Ahmadinejad an ATS member?

(I know what you mean OP, but I couldn't resist)

On Topic:

His post is probably being removed because he's Iran's Joe Biden.
edit on 19-10-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by weKNOWtheSECRETSoftheFED

I know Irans legislative body was demanding answers from Ahmadenijad on various topics. A few months back Ahmadenoijad disappeared for 3-5 days, which was never explained.

At one point there were hints of a possible coup in the making...

who knows..

Hmmm... Either adminejad or khemonie must be working for the cia... Trying to destabilize the nation to facilitate the American invasion...? Just a thought
20 posts, here I come!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

There was a very large protest by the Iranian people claiming the election was rigged. Apparently there has been inside fighting for sometime. The most recent example was earlier this year when rumors were floating he might get fired and had disappeared for a few days. He has said things which has clearly shown he is attempting to stir things up. In light of all of this I have personally began to wonder if he is actually working with the CIA and attempting to incite a war in the Middle East. He may be considered a clown in some circles. He definitely is a dangerous clown.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Part of me wonders if this might have anything to do with the assasination fiasco.

Somehow i doubt, its about the leadership its nothing to do about the assasination plot since we are still waiting for the proof that iran was behind it, so far i am not seeing it.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Part of me wonders if this might have anything to do with the assasination fiasco.

Somehow i doubt, its about the leadership its nothing to do about the assasination plot since we are still waiting for the proof that iran was behind it, so far i am not seeing it.

I meant in the context that either the Ayatollah or Ahmadenijad were tring to use the assasination plot against each other, to destablize each other. Of course we need the evidence to see if its valid. Im just saying since both have influence in the Quds force, even though it answer directly and only to the ayatollah, I could see strings being pulled.

top topics

join