It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After all that Obama has and hasn't done you STILL support him!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Hello fellow ATSers new and old. Today on my way to the train station I heard on a radio talk show, don't know if it was the Ricky Smiley Show or something else, talking about the political nominee and who they would support in the election. One of the people talking on the radio said something that truly shocked me. He said that since he's a Democrat he supports Obama and Mitt Romney......Just because they are democrats. In my mind I was like "Are you freakin' kidding me!?" It's almost like people who are die hard Democrats and die hard Republicans don't know right from wrong anymore....For all the people who still support Obama because he's black, he's a Democrat, or whatever the reason PLEASE CUT THE BS. He's not a good president and he never was! Please when the upcoming election comes please think about the future of this country before you elect anyone. As for Mitt Romney, I don't know alot about him I will admit, but based on what I hear about him from other people he's not good either. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE vote for somebody that can actually make a freakin' change in this country because we sure as hell need one and fast before all hell breaks loose.

ETA: If anyone accuses me of not liking Obama because he's black than your arguement is invalid for I am black.
edit on 19-10-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2011 by KySc5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
A lot of american people are just stupid man, you have to accept that.

link   
I should make a rant titled "why have people got such short memorys when it comes to politicians?" seriously guy he is as bad as every other president. He made promises he couldnt keep just to get elected. For decades its the same old song and dance. 1 party promises one thing while the other party promises another. Always the same promises that never get fullfilled. But i guess people just want to believe so badly that this time things will be differant.

link   
Some black people are racists against blacks you know...

You just don't like him because he's black!!
No other reason possible!

Sorry had to say it

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

I will admit it I've been on the whole " Maybe it'll be different this time" boat. Always have. But after being more involved in politics I now realized that these f***** in the political party aren't going to do a thing and neither will Congress aparantly. I'm sorry I know OWS is trying to make a difference, but if 2012 comes around and the same old thing continues I will rage so hard.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Why cant they vote gary busey for president.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by KySc5
He said that since he's a Democrat he supports Obama and Mitt Romney......Just because they are democrats. In my mind I was like "Are you freakin' kidding me!?"

I agree with you.

So, I guess I have to start supporting pedophiles because I am a man too.

The 'birds of a feather flock together' rhetoric should have no place in politics, large or small.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Democrats,,,, Your Dear Leader Is About To Speak To You!!!!!!!
Yes, Continue To Vote For Change.
The Democrat Voters Need To Give A Wakeup Call To Their People in Congress and Senate.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

If you supported Obama during his 2008 campaign...there really is no reason not to still support him....unless you listen to Conservative talk shows

www.politifact.com...

Promise Kept 150
Compromise 44
Promise Broken 51
Stalled 69
In the Works 192
Not yet rated 2

Out of 508 "promises", he has had to break 51....that's not bad at all.

On the other hand, he has kept, compromised, or is currently working on 386 of his promises.

My evidence are these facts...numbers...for the most part he is doing what he said he was going to do. Do you really expect that a President can do 100% of what he sets out to do??? So that is why I say, if you supported him for his ideas in 2008...there is zero reason to not support him right now.

If you really think he is that bad of a President...I would like to see some evidence.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If you really think he is that bad of a President...I would like to see some evidence.

How about Generation "O",,,,,,, Yes that Generation of young people that got out there and worked to get him elected, How are they doing NOW?
Are they all Gainfully Employed, Living on their own in homes they bought and raising a family, driving the BMW and Vacationing in Europe.
Just how many Generation "O" College Graduates do you think had to move back in with Mom and Dad?
How many are HERE on ATS and Unemployed living with friends or family? I Know It's All Bushes Fault!

Let me give you a little Insight into the Obama-Nomics.
I obtained most of the information from here:

The Economic Disappointment of Generation O

This is Generation O: the age cohort that contributed, registered, volunteered and voted for Barack Obama with greater intensity than we have seen since at least the 1960 presidential election.

It's Bushes Fault, It's Bushes Fault Obama and his Followers Yell from the Roof Tops!!!!!!
I will agree some Yes,,, But Not All!

It's not just bad luck, or President George W. Bush's fault, as Mr. Obama tries to suggest. Mr. Obama has promoted an Old Economy model that favors big corporations, labor unions and more government. But Generation O thrives best in a New Economy model that favors nimble start-ups, hard-charging union-free workplaces and minimal government interference.

This Statement coming is So True,,,,,, Obama is a Dismal Failure,,, I don't know what other proof you Need, Just Look Around You At all the Foreclosed Homes and Families Living On The Street Or At Grandma's House!

Generation O voted for Barack Obama believing him to be a new kind of leader, but he has delivered them an Old Economy with European-style mandates (think Obamacare), sclerosis, and dysfunction. They put him in the White House, Barack Obama has consigned them to their parents' house.

Source: www.realclearmarkets.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Obama's first 2 years had a full support of Congress. All Dems.

The legislation passed only had a positive impact on small selected special groups,

and had a negative impact on the majority of citizens,

not many exceptions, and those were small potatoes for the majority.
a majority that voted them into office.

the 111th Congress had the chance of a lifetime to pass positive legislation that would have impacted the majority of Americans in a big positive way.

try to find some big positive impacting legislation for the majority.

en.wikipedia.org...

even welfare increases are not for the majority.....but it's getting close

even the politifact promises meters reflect similar trends.

Look at the direct impact ... negative/positive ... on the Majority, not the special targets that make the administrators rich and do little for anybody else.

This ain't an anti-Dem rant .... the Repubs do the same.

They "insert" the special target spending into the main body of laws.
Always directed at a special interest at a big cost to the majority.

Benefit the majority and you benefit 99%.

edit on Oct-21-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Oct-21-2011 by xuenchen because:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by KySc5

I never supported the guy (I've got plenty of posts here during the election stating he'd be a do-nothing President, and sadly, I was correct)...but I do have a lot of friends who did, who were blinded by the BS.

However, NONE of them are now supporting the guy, and get a bit jaded if you mention it (so I don't). The look on their faces is enough "I told you so" for me...

I really wish I could have been wrong though...

edit on 21-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join