It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You want the truth, you can’t handle the truth!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
In last nights debate Ron Paul spoke a shivering unadulterated truth that no politician has ever had the conscience, integrity or courage to speak.

Ron Paul:

The coming “financial calamity is going to be much worse than anybody ever invading this country”.

And also these gems;

“And finally, we say to federal employees, you're not going to make more money than the people in the private sector who are paying for you.”

"We have enough weapons to blow up the world about 20, 25 times. We have more weapons than all the other countries put together essentially. And we want to spend more and more, and you can't cut a penny? I mean, this is why we are at an impasse."

The famous Jack Nicolson speech in the movie “A Few Good Men”
“You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know - that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.”

Unfortunately we do live in a world with walls and those walls do have to be guarded by men with guns. The question is who is building the walls and who are we trying to keep out. Are we protecting the American way of life by bombing palaces, ports and neighborhoods in Libya? Are we protecting human rights or liberties by conducting drone strikes carte blanche across the globe? Are we nation building by manipulating global trade and currency and forcibly wresting resources from foreign nations?

Undoubtedly some of this is justified and necessary to limit those who would oppress others, but how do we know where the line is between liberator and oppressor or peace keeper and occupyor?

As Americans in a supposedly free democratic society that controls the greatest accumulation of wealth, commerce and military might the world has ever know we have a repsonsibility, NO an OBLIGATION to ensure our government, bankers, corporations and our military are not the ones making the walls necessary.

Why? Because no one else can. Because while we weep for our economy, 401k’s and jobs, the rest of the world weeps for their dead children from war and famine and they weep for their future.

We as individual Amercian voters have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. The responsibility of keeping our power brokers, elite, government, corporations and military industrial complex in check. The rest of the world may curse Americans but our existence while grotesque is the only thing that can save the planet from devastation.

Are you ready for the truth? Can you handle the truth? Can you put aside the partisanship of Democrats v. Republicans, Liberal v. Conservative or Tea Party v. OWS?

Can you see thru the candidates lies. Can you vote?

The candidates so far;
Obama – promised but failed to change status quo. He had the majority but the wrong priority.
Bachman – wants it so bad. Maybe a good VP but hard to imagine her as a commander in chief.
Romney – plastic man with no insides. Will mold himself on the surface to whatever he thinks the voters want to hear.
Perry – the playground bully. Part of the same old military industrial regime.
Huntsman – little brother. Wants to eat at the big boy table.
Gingrich – opportunity waits for no man and he’s living a dream from a different decade(s).
Cain – man with a plan but his Fed affiliation will be his albatross.
Paul – the truth may get him branded a kook.

Can you handle the truth? Can you handle the responsibility? Can you come together for the good of the nation instead of dividing on the ideological lines that have been drawn for you by the very people that have brought us to the brink of the collapse of civilization? Are you a sheep or a ram (Really Awake and Mad).

edit on 19-10-2011 by beanandginger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I watched the debate also and was very impressed/dissappointed.

Ron Paul knows whats coming and he's warning people.

Everyone else seems to think things are swell.

The way I see it is simple.

I think there were 8 people debating.

7 gov't shills and one REAL person.
That one person is our only hope.
He knows exactly what is taking place.
He is letting his supporters know what's coming.
And we all see it with him.
The crowd laughed when he was quoted as cutting a bunch of gov't departments.
Truly shocking how stupid the public is.
And uninformed.

Pathetic are those people who don't believe in him.
Ignorant are those who blow him off!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Great job....people can't handle the truth, and when they are told it, they either deny it or get angry.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Well stated. I understand why the men of my father's generation--WWII--have a hard time understanding what we've become...it would truly break their hearts.

I say yes to defense spending in this sense: We mind our business you mind yours. If you tread on these shores it will be decided with the greatest nuclear arsenal extant. What do we truly have to fear?

Ultimately there is no excuse for these wars. Ron Paul is very obviously the ONLY candidate with real character and obviously the sharper intellect.

And he LOVES the Constitution. Do you?

Demand him y'all! S&F OP

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I also believe Ron Paul is the only politician who is willing to tell it like he sees it. He is a "constitutionalist" and that is what we need in a leader. Someone who will adhere to the principle that the U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land.

top topics

join