It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul BlackThisOut Money Bomb Raises Half A Million And It's Only 9:30AM EST

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
www.ronpaul2012.com...

Wow look at RP raking in those donations!!! I have never seen him raise this much money this quickly! Looks like the BLACKTHISOUT money bomb will be a huge success!! Anyone want to guess how much he will end up with tonight?
edit on 10/19/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --mod edit--All caps

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
That's crazy. How much has he raised in total, compared to the other candidates?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
$$$$!!!
this makes me so happy to see tangible support of this scale for the only true candidate running for the presidential election!
edit on 19-10-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Not American so never really looked into this - meaning no knowledge - there, i admit it. Would anyone mind explaining what a money bomb is? Im figuring it has to do with raising money for elections.....

If this is so, then surely that is part of the problem? Just another rich person buying the presidency?

Like i said at the start, i am after explanations here as i do not really understand this.......

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

8 million last quarter.. Rick Perry and Romney I think are at 18 million or so..But remember they get there money from the big corporations and executives.. Ron Paul gets his money from the people and military service members.. Rick Perry I think had 20,000 donors while Ron Paul got 100,000. Top Contributers To Romney campaign in 08 were Goldman Sach Lehman bros , Wachovia...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

A moneybomb is a day where everyone that supports somone sends in donation money.. Here check it out yourself www.Ronpaul2012.com . Goal is 3 million and he already has over half a million and its still very early morning here in the states.. Amazing!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by seenavv
$$$$!!!
this makes me so happy to see tangible support of this scale for the only true candidate running for the presidential election!
edit on 19-10-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

This is further proof that the MSM is involved in a serious coverup... Ron Paul is top tier like it or not.. and is being ignored regardless of his poll numbers and straw poll wins.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Flavian Ron Paul isnt rich when compared to other candinates.. And the money being raised by the campaign is used for running ads and opening up campaign offices. etc. In the U.S you need money in order to compete for the presidency without it your a sitting duck.

link   
So what are we really looking at here is a bunch of people who are seriously bad with their money throwing it into a black hole of a candidate that has absolutely NO shot at the white house?

That's fiscal discipline people!

And aren't these the same people whining about the government overspending?

"I hate the reckless nature of government spending, I know! Let me give a candidate that has no chance in hell of getting the nomination a donation! That will fix Washington's little red wagon!"

I mean, seriously, what is gonna do when he fails to get the GOP nod? Will he have to give all that money back? NOPE! He gets to keep every dime of it. Nice scam these guys got goin if you ask me (and Palin).

link   
reply to post by freepatriot

Thanks for the explanation, it is certainly appreciated.

Takes me back to my point though, surely a fairer system has to be thought up for future elections? If it is simply fund raising then politicians will forever be in debt to big business, etc and therefore never truly representative of the people?

Obviously, this will never happen for this election as the time frame is too near. And i don't aim this just at the USA but at all nations (including my own) that go in for fund raising......

Off the top of my head, why not set aside a proportion of tax money per term for the candidates at the next election. That way, every one has the same and no one is in hock to anyone! Of course, i am possibly just dreaming there.....

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
So what are we really looking at here is a bunch of people who are seriously bad with their money throwing it into a black hole of a candidate that has absolutely NO shot at the white house?

That's fiscal discipline people!

And aren't these the same people whining about the government overspending?

"I hate the reckless nature of government spending, I know! Let me give a candidate that has no chance in hell of getting the nomination a donation! That will fix Washington's little red wagon!"

I mean, seriously, what is gonna do when he fails to get the GOP nod? Will he have to give all that money back? NOPE! He gets to keep every dime of it. Nice scam these guys got goin if you ask me (and Palin).

Wow a top tier candinate that is running between 2nd and 3rd place in the polls and has won more straw polls then anyone else is a blackhole? What planet do you live on?(must be where the msm reside) LOL
edit on 19-10-2011 by freepatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Thanks for the explanation, it is certainly appreciated.

Takes me back to my point though, surely a fairer system has to be thought up for future elections? If it is simply fund raising then politicians will forever be in debt to big business, etc and therefore never truly representative of the people?

Obviously, this will never happen for this election as the time frame is too near. And i don't aim this just at the USA but at all nations (including my own) that go in for fund raising......

Off the top of my head, why not set aside a proportion of tax money per term for the candidates at the next election. That way, every one has the same and no one is in hock to anyone! Of course, i am possibly just dreaming there.....

Well Ron Paul raises most of his money from the people and military service members so he isnt in debt to big business like the other guys

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
That's great
I hope the money is used immediately for ads

That is EXACTLY what should be done
There are two new ads, I just posted them in a new thread below this thread in 2012 elections

This money, all of it, should be used immediately to flood the TV airwaves with his new ads

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What is Ron Pauls previous record for one day online fundraising?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I think thats the plan .. in order to bypass the blackout he plans to continue to do huge ad buys early in the race.. Notice no other candinate has purchased ads?why? because they don't need to with all the coverage they get from the MSM. So RP is bypassing the MSM gatekeepers with ads which is a great idea.. This will also force the media to give him more coverage as more and more people will know about him.. We have reached a tipping point and the contributions reflect that reality..

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Wow a top tier candinate that is running between 2nd and 3rd place in the polls and has won more straw polls then anyone else is a blackhole? What planet do you live on?(must be where the msm reside) LOL

Do you know what they call 2nd or 3rd place in a race where only one person can win? The loser.

I know he's an internet meme and people who don't have a life outside WoW or Halo love him, but seriously, he's not going to win.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitch303

looks like prior record was 6 million back in 2007... but thats when Americans had jobs and money... If he raises half of that in a day it would be very impressive..

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Do you know what they call 2nd or 3rd place in a race where only one person can win? The loser.

I know he's an internet meme and people who don't have a life outside WoW or Halo love him, but seriously, he's not going to win.

Really only WOW and HALO lovers?? I guess you can tell that to all the miltiary service members donating to him since he gets more money from them then all other candinates combined.? Would you be able to go into a room and tell those that lay there lives on the line for us?? Do you think they would be happy with that remark? and regarding 2nd or 3rd place in the polls this means he has a shot to win it this means he is a top tier candinate..So who are you supporting and who do you think will win???????????????????

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

So who are you supporting and who do you think will win???????????????????

Who I support and who I think is going to win are two different questions.

I am waiting for the Independent candidates to start running, which will be sometime early next year. Who is going to win? Obama (unfortunately). Why? Because the GOP aren't organized, they don't really know what they want, and they don't have a candidate that can win.

Ron Paul has about as much chance as This Lady in winning.

I understand that Ron Paul reminds many people of their senile grandpa, messing themselves and droning on about some war they were in. And he has appeal to people who just wanna burn down the country and live in a lord of the flies fantasy. But more Americans are sane than are insane and the sane are Ron Paul's biggest problem, they just aren't gonna vote for someone as clearly insane as Ron Paul (outside of Texas).
edit on 19-10-2011 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So who are you supporting and who do you think will win???????????????????

Who I support and who I think is going to win are two different questions.

I am waiting for the Independent candidates to start running, which will be sometime early next year. Who is going to win? Obama (unfortunately). Why? Because the GOP aren't organized, they don't really know what they want, and they don't have a candidate that can win.

Ron Paul has about as much chance as This Lady in winning.

lol.. here you are telling us he can't win and your an independant voter lol.. indpendents will never go anywhere.. Here you have someone that is part of a real party and is top tier and your saying he cant win lol.. Hilarious

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join