It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Student Credited With Uncovering Possible Election Fraud in Indiana's 2008 Primary

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
College Student Credited With Uncovering Possible Election Fraud in Indiana's 2008 Primary

Shocking election fraud allegations have stained a state's 2008 presidential primary - and it took a college student to uncover them.

"This fraud was obvious, far-reaching and appeared to be systemic," 22-year-old Ryan Nees told Fox News, referring to evidence he uncovered while researching electoral petitions from the 2008 Democratic Party primary in Indiana.

Nees’ investigation centered on the petitions that put then-senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton on the ballot. As many as 150 of the names and signatures, it is alleged, were faked. So many, in fact, that the numbers raise questions about whether Obama’s campaign had enough legitimate signatures to qualify for a spot on the ballot.

"What seems to have happened is that a variety of people in northern Indiana knew that this fraud occurred, and actively participated and perpetuated the fraud, and did so on behalf of two presidential campaigns," according to Nees.

Prosecutors are now investigating. The scandal has already led to the sudden resignation Monday night of Butch Morgan, chairman of the St. Joseph County Democratic Party. He denied any wrongdoing, saying he looks “forward to an investigation that will exonerate me."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Click link for remainder of story.

edit on 19-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So apparently a number of signatures to get Obama on the ballot were found to be fraudulent. So many in fact that it could possibly drop him below the required numbers to actually have his name on the ballot. A Federal investigation was requested, however it was declined since apparently it did not fall within with the Feds jurisdiction, which doesnt make that much sense to me.

In light of that the PA in conjunction with the State Police are going to do the investigation, which is fully supported by the Indiana Govenor - A Democrat. In all fairness McCains ballots are also being double checked to see if the fraud is limited to just one party or both.

Even if it turns out Obama doesnt have enough signatures to legally be on the ballot, I cant see it affecting anything, which means we wait till 2012, if this allegation is confirmed as true, and vote against him / Democratic National Committee for Indiana. I am curious if any groups were in on this, like Acorn. I know they had been taken to task after the election in a few states for voter / election fraud.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Nice - another piece of the story. I've been following this one since it was first reported in my local paper. I created a thread, but it didn't garner much attention. Maybe because it's just a small county in northern Indiana, but the implications could be huge.

It's interesting they threw out the investigation due to "out of JD"???

Related Thread

S&F

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Sorry I did a search and didnt find anything with this / similar title. If you got it first post the link and Ill ask the mods to lock this one down.

As far as the out of jurisdiction that confused me as well. The way the article made it sound, the FEC has jurisdiction on any issue related to elections, except this one. I cant see it being politicall motivated since the elections are right around the corner, and if they got caught trying to cover it up / pass it off as nothing ,its going to backfire in their face - provided its true and provided the number of ballots does indeed drop Obama below the required amount.

This should be interesting.

Specifically this -

Prosecutors are now investigating. The scandal has already led to the sudden resignation Monday night of Butch Morgan, chairman of the St. Joseph County Democratic Party. He denied any wrongdoing, saying he looks “forward to an investigation that will exonerate me."

Why resign? Maybe to avoid dragging this issue into the next election for Dems in that area (trying to seperate the fraud issue with the reelection campaign).

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

No need. This is a good thread, as it brings out the story of how it was found. I would just like it to gain some attention either way.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Great find here OP.

I've debated the subject of election frauds countless time with other members in the past...Who have sworn the election system was as clean as a whistle.

This just further demonstrates to me that the polling system is not fool-proof, like how a lot of people think it is.

S&F.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Im curious if this might be the tip of the iceberg on this topic. Everything else that was the norm (wallstreet / bankers / global domination / etc etc etc) is coming under increasing pressure across the globe.

Weve all heard those conspiracy theories on how the World would go through a dramatic change in 2012. Im wondering if its going to be the destruction of the status quo, ushering in cooperation and research over domination and secrecy.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Excellent thread and very important story.

For a long time now I have believed the polling system to be completely defrauded. Never mind the obvious like MSM giving more or less airtime to certain candidates and what not, I simply believe our votes don't really count; at least on a Federal level.

I do subscribe, in part, to the 2012 prediction. I don't believe it will be the end of the world or anything as such, but the dawning of a new age. The Mayans never predicted global destruction; it was always more along the lines of social upheaval and the dawning of a new age. What happens to spark it, or the results of such a thing are something to debate.

Of course the FEC refuses to investigate this. It's only natural they were paid off, too, in order to keep the sham hidden. Go figure...

In any case, I have starred and flagged this. I hope this gains some ATS attention, and moreover I hope it truly gets the attention it deserves from the authorities. Let's hope something comes of this whether positive or negative and issues get resolved. Regardless, though, Obama will be in office until someone new is elected. It's unlikely the investigation would be finished before the end of his term, never mind the impeachment process.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If this is true, then I hear the
words "impeachment"!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
If he didn't have enough signatures to even be on the ballot, then imo his presidency if fraudulent. Well, it already was fraudulent, but I won't go there right now, so why would he remain in the White House? I'll answer my own question...because this country has been corrupted, obviously.

If this weren't the case, we wouldn't be having this discussion right now would we? I don't like to lay blame before all the facts are in and one is proven guilty, but in this case it is inevitable...Unless of course it can be covered up. If this guy ends up disappearing, OR ends up with a 10 million dollar mansion, and everything goes away, we will have our answer. Well, too many people know about it now, and I am not sure who is actively pursuing this, but you get my point.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You make some good points.. I dont see this being covered up being media is picking the story up. Of course that doesnt mean it wont be buried on page 25 below the fold. Also, in this one instance, since FoxNews has the story, and knowing their history with the Obama administration, I dont see them doing anything to help them out.

Also, I was rereading the article and the posts and I think I figured out why the FEC is not involved. This technically was not an election. The manner in which Obamas name appeared on the ballots is whats being looked at, which would be a state issue since they states prescribe the manner a name will appear on the ballot.

If the investigation is confirmed and verified, then I can see the FCC being involved since now your looking at potential fraud in order to win a presidential election.

Definitely something to keep an eye on. As with the threads on the Iranian assasination, the timing of this seems goofy as well, coming out this close to the next election cycle. If it werent for the fact its a student who found it, I think the legitimacy of the article and investigation would have been called into question, downplayed and possibly buried, written off as nothing more than sore loosers from the last election willing to do anything to win this time around.

Props to the student who caught this..

If anyone is from that area, keep an eye on the media for us since its bound to make more frequent coverage in the area than at the state level.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyes0wide0open
If this is true, then I hear the
words "impeachment"!

This brings up a stickier issue. Congress are the ones who are required to certify the election. The question is how high does this mess go? Did any members of senior democrat leadership know what was going on?

If so, its going to be hard to file article of impeachment when the investigating body is just as culpable.

However, we are jumping the gun a bit going down this road. We need to make sure his claims are valid and investigated thoroughly.

We really need to wake people up and get involved in polotics.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
great some reich wing creationist tool makes this claim to faux news and people here believe it... go fig

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
great some reich wing creationist tool makes this claim to faux news and people here believe it... go fig

Yeah man!! God forbid we should investigate those types of allegations. If we did we would face the possibility of possibly getting a person elected that we actually want.

/end sarcasm

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I don't expect any action to be taken.

The Bush elections were fixed.

No action was taken.

The Obama birth certificate has been proven to be a fake.

No action has been taken.

It seems that US politicians can get away with murder.

Oh, excuse me, they ARE getting away with murder!

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Alpha20mega

Then why do we allow it?

Its not like we are chained in the basement, unable to act.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The fact this kid found fraud is not a surprise. Good on him.

I suppose the real secret is to pursue the research, get it published, get great media coverage, and live past 25.

A lotta hoops...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
The fact this kid found fraud is not a surprise. Good on him.

I suppose the real secret is to pursue the research, get it published, get great media coverage, and live past 25.

A lotta hoops...

So far I think this guy knows how to get through those hoops...

Locating the problem - check
narrowing it down to specifics - check
getting the governments attention - check
getting it investigated - check

All thats left is to keep tabs on the story to see what develops from it. The fact the FEC declined to investigate, with the Govenor then asking the State Police to investigate are positive signs. The DNC chair for the area resigned (not to imply he is guilty, but he did resign).

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

As many as 150 of the names and signatures, it is alleged, were faked

150? You guys are freaking out about 150 alleged fraudulent votes, while republicans disenfranchised tens of thousands of voters in 2000 and 2004 (and probably 2008 as well)???

Oh, and didn't Obama get over 60% of the votes in the election? It's kind of hard to claim that he didn't get votes when the majority of Americans voted for him.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

As many as 150 of the names and signatures, it is alleged, were faked

150? You guys are freaking out about 150 alleged fraudulent votes, while republicans disenfranchised tens of thousands of voters in 2000 and 2004 (and probably 2008 as well)???

Oh, and didn't Obama get over 60% of the votes in the election? It's kind of hard to claim that he didn't get votes when the majority of Americans voted for him.

Uhm, I think you misread the article. We arent talking about 150 votes. What the artcle is about is the number of signatures that are required in order to get a name on the ballot in Indiana to run for president. If requires a certain amount of verified signatures. What this college student discovered was fraud with reagrds to the signatures submitted to get Obamas name on the ballot.

The situation it creates is problematic if there arent enough signatures. That would mean Obamas name should have never been placed on the ballot, which could have been significant enough where he may have lost the election.

The DNC chair for Indianan denied the allegations and shortly afterwards resigned from his position. The FEC was notified, who declined to investigate, refering the matter back to the State to investigate, which they are doing.( in addition the checking the signatures of the Mccain campaign).

With that being said you should try to get over the stupid tit for tat blame game. Fraudulent signatures in Indiana has nothing to do with Bush and attempting to draw a parallel is a joke based on political loyalties and nothing else.

At some point our Gvoernment, as well as people with your mindset, need to get with the picture that the past is the past and nothing is ever going to change it. Blaming Bush / Republicans is a lame excuse, especially since they have been out of power for almsot 4 years now. Guess what - Bush is not President anymore, which means Obama has had the last 4 years to fix things.

The blame game doesnt work anymore unless you are arguing that while Bush messed things up, Obama has made it worse.

Whether its 150 signatures or 1.5 million signatures, it needs to be investigated and resolved. The goal is to seek the truth, egardless of whther or not you like what that truth may be.,
edit on 29-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join