It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nypd inspector docked 10 vacation days for misuse of pepper spray at OWS protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I just looked up the base pay for an NYPD Inspector. Figuring 300 working days per year (5 days a week) this will cost him $4,814. I don't know about any of you, but that's no small chunk of change. Still, I'd like to see him demoted as well.

This J/O has no business commanding men in the field. The "troops" look to their commanders for guidance to do the right thing. He has obviously failed in his duties.
edit on 10/19/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

he hit it on the head. Agreed with that one. Now if more people could object to things in an intelligent informed way instead of just saying "Police are scum"

Old Corp is the type of person to bring this nation back to its roots of freedom and prosperity. Others only worsen the situation and bring us one step closer to martial law.

Cheers! and excellent words.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OathKeeper

Im glad Anon posted his info. hahahaha hope his kids get beat up.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OathKeeper

You can pretty it up as much as you want but at the end of the day words are just words.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OathKeeper

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn

This cop should have at LEAST a suspension

he is an inspection. I believe it is called white shirt immunity. A new cop would have been fired, a vet cop suspended a white shirt slapped on the wrist. thats the way it seems at least.

Let me understand this right.

A white-shirt supervisor will high-five the offending white-shirt moron and gave him 10 days extra unpaid vacation. That's what I thought when I heard this on 1010wins radio this morning. Another criminal gets off easy. This criminal is called Bologna. he should have lost his badge and firearm

The vacation day dock was only a show for us to think some punishment was instilled on the Bologna we have for an Officer. Oops, I meant to write a white-shirt Inspector.

I guess his parents sort of knew he was full of Bologna - 100% up and down, inside and out Bologna.

This whole thing stinks like rotten Bologna.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
They should have let the victims pepperspray him, then take away his vacation days.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
I just looked up the base pay for an NYPD Inspector. Figuring 300 working days per year (5 days a week) this will cost him $4,814. I don't know about any of you, but that's no small chunk of change. Still, I'd like to see him demoted as well.

This J/O has no business commanding men in the field. The "troops" look to their commanders for guidance to do the right thing. He has obviously failed in his duties.

he hit it on the head. Agreed with that one. Now if more people could object to things in an intelligent informed way instead of just saying "Police are scum"

Old Corp is the type of person to bring this nation back to its roots of freedom and prosperity. Others only worsen the situation and bring us one step closer to martial law.

Cheers! and excellent words.

Ya know Misoir has suggested I run for President. I would if I thought I had any chance at all to even get on the ballot; but I don't think Washington D.C. is ready for a NO BS Jarhead who would kick ass and take names. (for later prosecution.)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thejlxc
I wonder how much jail time a protester would have gotten for using pepper spray on two police?

After the beating of course.

Pepper spray is a non lethal weapon. Carrying it in some places is a fine or minor misdemeanor charge. Using on someone is a low level of assault charge that usually results in 6 month stay out of trouble ruling.

However using it on a cop, firefighter, emt, train conductor ect ect while they are doing their job can become assault felony. District attorneys will drop it in the end to misdemeanor charges.

Why did this inspector get off easy? Simple answer is his rank.

And I know a few cops who are not scum. Your comments only hurt your movement, unless your an anarchist in which case cops being scum is probably in the slogan.

Pepper spray is ILLEGAL in NY, unless you're a cop.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The man involved committed assault and battery under color of authority, and should have been charged with a felony.

It isn't too late to bring federal charges against him for violating civil rights.

Clearly, his punishment didn't match the severity of the offense.

Lose vacation days? He should be terminated with prejudice, meaning he loses his retirement, and jailed for at least as long as a non-police person would be for committing the same offense.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
60 day suspension and the new rank of lieutenant.

That seems more apropriate then "10 days unpaid vacation".

I wonder how thorough the investigation was considering JP Morgan's "donation" and the cops being literally sold-out to wall street.

edit on 10/19/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ArrowsNV

It's a start. That's having 10 days docked.
Vacation days are earned. And losing those days can hurt.

Definately a start.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
On second thought, do we really want this guy spending more time on duty? How about a permanent vacation for this clown!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Did you really expect any real disciplinary action from NYPD all police are Unions you have to majorly screw up and i mean majorly and for the justus comment NYPD is union and last time i checked OWS has union support.

Sorry someone getting pepper sprayed was a action of one of their own.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join