It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with all of the anti-semitism on ats lately?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

he was saying that in respect to the sabbath...

“Goyim were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world; only to serve the People of Israel,” he said during a public discussion of what kind of work non-Jews are allowed to perform on Shabbat.
www.jta.org...

after sitting back and looking at that for a minute, i feel, kinda insulted.
edit on 19-10-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

Goy (Hebrew: גוי‎, regular plural goyim גוים or גויים) is a Hebrew biblical term for "nation". By Roman times it had also acquired the meaning of "non-Jew".[1] The latter is also its meaning in Yiddish.en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 19-10-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
What do you mean "lately"?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by squandered
I think you'll find that people who work hard and get a good education will hit a glass ceiling if they encounter Jews. You will never get good marks in a law degree, or get a good banking job if you're not a Jew and that's just the start.

That's just not at all true in my experience, and I worked in Hollywood for three years. The interest was in finding people who were capable, not who was Jewish and capable. I had bosses, one the head of a studio I directly worked for (United Artists), and other high level acquaintances in that industry who were not Jewish. These were executives, producers who had their own companies, top agents and such -- if you had the talent to do the work, people would hire you. Goodness, the former head of Time-Warner, the largest most powerful media company on planet Earth was black, Dick Parsons.

That's not to say it's not easy to get hired in Hollywood, Jewish or not. It took me 6 months to get my first good, non-temp job out in Hollywood and I had to fight for it. Being Jewish didn't matter, nobody asked me what my religion was and most of the people I interviewed with with for jobs weren't Jewish, either. It wasn't easy, and I even had experience in the industry working in New York before that and two very well connected people helping me get me interviews. In fact, my biggest obstacles were a) I was new to Los Angeles, so missed out on jobs because that is a big drawback in an assistant -- you had to know where things were for setting appointments and lunches and such, and b) the fact that I wasn't a good looking girl, instead I was a fairly average looking man. Male executives wanted a hot young assistant, female ones never seemed to be comfortable with male assistants and so tended to only want female ones. I was flatly told on half a dozen occasions that they were only looking to hire a woman for such and such an assistant position and so never even got to interview.

As for law and banking, again, I now live in New York (again), I know a LOT of lawyers and have known/met a few banker-types. Some are Jewish, but many of the more successful ones are not. Your grades in law school or business school don't depend on being Jewish. The CEO of CitiGroup is from India. The head of American Express is black. My aforementioned friend works for Cravath, Swain & Moore, arguably one of the top if not the top firm in New York, perhaps the world. Check out their list of partners, are there Jews in the bunch, sure, are they anywhere near a majority? Not even close.

I've never known a Jews to date a non-Jew. They always gang up and they're just basically snobs.

Then you really don't know too many Jews, do you? I've dated exactly two Jewish women in my life, well, I've hooked up with two Jewish women. All the ones I've actually dated have been non-Jews, and so have most of the girls I've just hooked up with. One of my Jewish friends is recently divorced from his Korean wife and at 41 is dating the first Jewish girl he's ever been with. Actually, one of the real current trends people have noted and I've even heard jokes about are how many Jewish men are dating and marrying Asian women. Why? I don't know, but it's REALLY common in recent years. The girl I'm currently kind of in love with is Chinese. Sadly, she's got a boyfriend...who is, you guess it, Jewish.

Originally posted by squandered
That wasn't a crazy circular argument. It was a nonsensical situation / farcical. If I hate Jews or some aspect (and I do, but that's an aside) I'm not going to play semantics to diffuse whatever it is I have a gripe about. It makes no sense on that level. On the other hand it makes perfect sense to make that claim as a victim when you pre-suppose what others think. In essence the description reads to me like some Jew making excuses for ignoring what non-jews think.

I didn't say it was logical, but you shouldn't look for logic from people who act out of hate and fear. You are the one who seems to be presupposing things about how Jews think, the other poster is basing his account (presumably) on what he's encountered. It rang true to me because I've encountered the same sort of thing. It's not an assumption, it's something that I've seen and had to deal with. The only presupposition here is on your part about the motives of a group you whose shoes you never lived in.

I agree, it is bizarre and a nonsensical situation and frankly very frustrating to get into an argument like that because there can never be a resolution to it. That doesn't change the fact that it does indeed happen.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
In times of great social reformation or strife the Jews just seem to be a target. Not sure why maybe its jealousy of the success as a whole of the group. They seem to be the only group besides generic whites or the "rich" it is ok to hate. The world is too PC to attack any other groups. Make a joke about jews being thrifty its ok but draw Muhammad and you a legitimate target for murder because ur a hate monger. But back to the original point when France was going through its struggles pre-WWII there was a hatred of Jewish immigrants that had made there way in their new country and it brought you the Dreyfus Affair

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

In times of great social reformation or strife the Jews just seem to be a target.

No, it's actually the israeli government who perpetually plays itself as an innocent victim...

They seem to be the only group besides generic whites or the "rich" it is ok to hate. The world is too PC to attack any other groups.

Really? I don't know where you're from but there is absolute and open hatred for the middle east in many places in the US, sometimes to the point of calling for killings...

Also we cannot forget the extra judicial assassinations and "regime changes" that are occurring in the middle east... but it's ok, they don't count, they're all terrorists anyways...

Make a joke about jews being thrifty its ok but draw Muhammad and you a legitimate target for murder because ur a hate monger.

Throw a few rocks and get your entire neighborhood carpet bombed with phosphorous... Hmmm

Makes total sense...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join