It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any way to recover an un-posted post that was lost due to computer shut down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I was responding to a post in a thread when my computer was shut down on accident due to a loss of power. Is there any way to recover the post I had been working. I had already put some 20-30 minutes of effort into creating the post. I had written quite a bit of text and posted a few video clips.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

no, there is not.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

That's a bummer. I put a lot of work into that already.

ok thank you. I guess I'll just have to start over.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It happen many times to me lol
quite frustrating .. i know

you never know when you can lost you data
even if you were typing it in notepad .. if you didnt save or press reply
you will need to write it off again

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Sorry, but as our fellow members have pointed out, it's gone.

For whatever it's worth, when I compose messages that are longer than a few lines, I use a text editor (Notepad++ is my personal favorite) and apply the SNSO (Save Now, Save Often) approach as a precaution.

I also have a UPS, which eliminates losses from power outages.

I know that won't recover what you've already lost, but it might help in the future.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
You have to use the browser Firefox. It has an add on that's called Lazarus that do just that. I don't know if Lazarus is available for Chrome or IE, you gotta research that if you use other browser.

add:

But you have to have Lazarus already installed before you lost your post.
edit on Wed 19 Oct 11 by Jazzyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I use Firefox and have it set to reload previous tabs... always comes back up..

But yeah notepad for longer posts

I actually use my Netscape to add pics and links. It auto saves every few minutes. Then I have the post ready for both the forums and my website just a quick cut and paste

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have noted quite a few members here who found that their computers would crash only when posting in controversial threads here at ATS and not in other circumstances. I sincerely hope there is no correlation between the two. I have lost dozens of posts similarly, however it only happens to me in this forum and not others, why... I cannot explain.

GS

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I think it would be cool to be able to access all the deleted
threads, I've stubled upon a few just before they vanished.
is this possible?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If you have the ability to own a redundunt system on an external unit then your half way there, then again, you might want to have some connection within the McDonalds franchise that might hold nasa files that were supposed to have been lost but found.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If nothing else do a copy on the document before hitting the post button. If the browser then has a fit you can start over and simply do a paste into the new post. But yes if you want to be safe create a document in notepad or another word processor and save often. That does tend to stymie even the most determined Gremlin.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

Unfortunately no.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Is there a way the site admins can transfer all my points and stars and flags and applause from my old account to my new account?..ATS has changed a bit and so have I but im unable to remember what email address i used for my old account.

new topics

top topics

join