It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evictions Begin At Dale Farm Amid Clashes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Whilst I might not agree or like the parasitic lifestyle of the Travellers (Pikeys, English gypsies), I am stunned how they are being evicted from their settlement.

Clashes have occurred between travellers and bailiffs as evictions from the illegal Dale Farm site in Essex begin. The clashes started at the rear of the sprawling site as police in riot gear broke through fences to assist the bailiff action.

They have been living there since the 1960s and actually OWN the land but the local council refused to give them planning permission for their mobile homes (trailers) and today the bailiffs and riot police have gone in to remove them from their own land and homes.

Activists and supporters of the travellers attempted to resist the police as the swarmed into the area.

I truly believe that every person has the right to build their own home and manage their own land however they want but that is not the case.
We are born slaves.

Evictions Begin At Dale Farm Amid Clashes
edit on 19-10-2011 by Aestheteka because: quotes

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

edit on 19-10-2011 by Pregnant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Dale Farm eviction begins (video has no sound)

Just the sheer size of the settlement - it's basically a town - stuns me.
edit on 19-10-2011 by Aestheteka because: youtube

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

Why do you say they own the land? They are illegally squatting right? that’s why they are being evicted.

I think they set fire to the caravan themselves.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The travellers actually own the site and have been there since the 70's

An article in the local newspaper, the Echo, states that the site was first stopped at by English travelling families during the 1970s. Residents claim the influx of Irish travellers which followed in 2001-2002 caused a rise in conflict with the settled community. Most of the English travellers subsequently "sold up as they are said not to mix" with the Irish travellers. Ownership of the unauthorised (illegal) portion appears to rest with the Sheridan clan of travellers.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
The cause of this.... leaving hundreds homeless, people need to learn to defend there home.
Stock up on guns

edit on 19-10-2011 by dankety because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I truly believe that every person has the right to build their own home and manage their own land however they want but that is not the case.

so you neighbour can do WHATEVER he / she wants ?????????? , you might want to re-think that

We are born slaves

no we exist in a civilised [ alledgedly ] society - where we must agree to abite by certain codes of conduct

as an example - how would our road newtork fare if people were free to decide which side of the road to drive on ?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
yes, they own the land.
it is part of 'green belt' which comes with planning restrictions, which they knew when they bought the land.
They built on the land without planning permission, which would have been refused if they had applied anyway, which they knew would be refused, which is why they didn't apply.
This is the illegality that the council has been trying to sort out for ten years, and now the only way forward is eviction of the occupiers, so that the council can forcibly return the land to it's 'greenfield' original state.

Not all of the site is illegal, and not all of the people are being evicted.

All of the people being evicted have been offered help and advice from the council, including locations of other legal traveller sites, and offers of council housing.

They have know for a while that they would be being evicted, even the stupidest person should have been prepared to leave once the process started. Those that are attempting to stay are fighting a no win battle, it's only a matter of time before they're finally evicted, they're just causing pain and misery on themselves by not leaving peacefully.
edit on 19-10-2011 by CrastneyJPR because: for reasons of gramatical accuracy

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

so you neighbour can do WHATEVER he / she wants ?????????? , you might want to re-think that

We are born slaves

no we exist in a civilised [ alledgedly ] society - where we must agree to abite by certain codes of conduct

as an example - how would our road newtork fare if people were free to decide which side of the road to drive on ?

Man, you and I are so far apart. There is a difference between being civil and automatically obeying everything one is told to do without question in order to keep a 'civilized society'
Roads are owned by the state therefore the state dictates the rules for their use. If you own your own land YOU should be able to dictate its use - if you disagree with your neighbour then it should be a civil,not a legal case, unless your neighbour has committed a crime against your person or property.
I guarantee that you don't own your own property outright. You either rent or you have a mortgage (which means the bank owns it). I also guarantee you didn't build your own house. Your opinion would be much different if you could call yourself a landowner.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I would also like to add that planning permission is one of the most corrupted aspects of local government wherever you go in the world.
It's one of the most fought-over positions due to it being so lucrative

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I dont see why they just dont get down before someone gets hurt, all the travellers involved have gone its just the silly protestors that are there now causing more problems.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

It is hilarious to watch the upper middle class daddy's girls chained by the neck to railings spouting drivel about the beauty of the Traveller's culture. I guess a bit of rough makes a change from the pony.
The "gypsies" must be laughing their heads off.
edit on 19-10-2011 by asala because: mod edit to change description,

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I say good riddance to them! The travellers who lived on the legal part of the site hardly ever lived there as they were always away travelling. Buttt the illegal part of land was always occupied by the travellers as they knew if they temporary left that part of land to travel, when they returned there land would have been rightly reclaimed.
Actual locals of the area, (not the travellers) had to live near these people who didn't look after the community, didn't pay taxes to look after the community and they expect to be treated the same if not more so than decent law abiding citizens. I say these people play everyone for fools except themselves.

I saw a documentary on the travellers nearly 10 years ago and I wudnt want them living near me either. the only problem we now face is where are they going to go. As most of them prob still own land in Ireland I suggest going back there!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Welcome to Nazi Racist Britain. We allow Illegal Immigrants into this Country, we allow terrorists into this country. But we evict a community which has been there for over ten tears. I am ashamed to call myself British today,

This thread destroys my faith in humanity to see all the hatred and bile being spouted about travellers on here...

The Views of the Previous Owner of Dale Farm:

edit on 19-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
I am stunned how they are being evicted from their settlement.

They don't own the land...

They have been living there since the 1960s and actually OWN the land

No, they don't. They do not own the land. They are living there illegally. The land is owned by the council.

We are born slaves.

Brilliant. Well, when a bunch of scummy criminals decide to take up residence in YOUR backgarden, leaving old oil, petrol/diesel, junkyard scrap and rubbish around the place and start disrupting your life with no regard for others, don't call the police or your local council for help. Just go out there with a smile and give them a hug saying, "I love you, man".

And for the record, the pikies started that caravan fire as a means of disruption.

You bleeding heart people think you're "helping" people by taking up ANY cause where someone appears to have their rights being violated. Try "living" in an area of teh UK where pikies are and see how you enjoy it. They don't give a s**t about anyone else and make no attempts to "blend in" with the social area. They violate everyone else's rights in order to procure theirs.

Scum bags, the lot.

edit on 19-10-2011 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Pikey's are rotten to the core. When ever they move into an area the crime rate rises and they think they can do what they want. I have had several encounters with them and none of them were good.

I bet anyone who is defending them have never had dealings with them or lived near any.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

I am stunned how they are being evicted from their settlement.

They don't own the land...

They have been living there since the 1960s and actually OWN the land

No, they don't. They do not own the land. They are living there illegally. The land is owned by the council.

I don't know which Christmas Cracker you got your information from but they do actually own the land. They bought it. It's not a council traveller site. It's an ex-scrap yard split into parcels, which they bought.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Why do you feel so strongly about pikeys? They would screw you over first chance they got.
I would love for a pikey to come on here and try and defend themselves, but they are all to busy robbing good honest people.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Moon

The banks have stolen ALL the money and the elected government sends its citizens to their deaths in third world backwaters to keep the US millitary-industrial complex and petrodollar afloat and you worry about a few pikeys pinching lead roof lining?
If they squat then evict them but how in the hell can you agree with someone being evicted from their own land because of bureaucracy?
I grow up in an area which regularly had travellers coming to squat. As the yhad a penchant for pinching anything not nailed down, including dogs and horses, the local farmers would band together and evict them with side-by-sides in the traditional 'get orf my land!' fashion.
And that i agree with.
But when it's their land? What if the council decided to remove you from your home?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I don't know which Christmas Cracker you got your information from but they do actually own the land. They bought it. It's not a council traveller site. It's an ex-scrap yard split into parcels, which they bought.

Did you not read any of the preceding posts? They bought some land, they 'annexed' the adjacent bit. They don't have planning permission. I say all the bleeding heart liberals should offer up their back gardens. No? I didn't think so...

edit on 19-10-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join